L50 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Slickster
Round Winner

L50 Predictions

Post by Slickster »

50th anniversary, gonna be a fun one :)
kgo.

Opening Round

\\MeetYourMaker vs. Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats 1-2
Kinda weird lineup for tx, and a weaker lineup for mYm than they'll have next ladle cuz we stole dreadlord. Could go either way but I think tx will pull through if olive and durka come.

Open Team vs. Dark Syndicate 0-2
Ds has been getting better and it is the open team after all...

Pure Luck vs. PRU 2-0
Pure Luck has impressed me recently and if hamar and six don't show (which is very likely) I think pLx will take it.

Immortal Dynasty vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ 0-2
R has a nice lineup and most everyone will actually show this time. Gl ID.

Crazy Tronners Beta vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha 0-2
Sorry Betas but the name speaks for itself :P

.dP° vs. uNk 0-2
erm gz unk.

Speed Demons vs. Speedhax 0-2
Sp vs. Sp? Guess again. Speedhax will poop on the sp wannabes.

The United Noobs of Armagetron vs. ~*SP*~ shows hoax&xyron naked teens 0-2
Sry uNa but this is a nice team with a cool name.

Quarters

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs. DS 2-0
I spelled out tx for a reason. Their raw skill is too much for the improved DSers.

_~Rogue Tronners~_ vs. Pure Luck 2-0
Shoebat as co-cptn wtf? Rogues have too nice of a lineup. Your Pure Luck won't be enough to get u the win.

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs. uNk 2-0
This will be a very fun match to watch but the Alphas have too much skill to give up a match.

Speedhax vs. ~*SP*~ shows hoax&xyron naked teens 0-2
No FoFo or insa means no win for Speehaxors.

Semi Finals

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ 1-2
_~R~_ hass had 2 relatively easy rounds to warmup so they are bored. They'll let the first match slip (maybe) but come back booming and dominate 2 in a row.

~*SP*~ shows hoax&xyron naked teens vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha 1-2
This was a tough one for me, but this could be Cts time for a comeback. They'll be in finals.

Finals

_~Rogue Tronners~_ vs. Crazy Tronners Alpha
2-0

dreadlord will go crazy against his old clan.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Re: L50 Predictions

Post by Mkay1 »

Wow, gz ladle on still going strong on your 50th year.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Slickster wrote: \\MeetYourMaker vs. Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats 1-2
Kinda weird lineup for tx, and a weaker lineup for mYm than they'll have next ladle cuz we stole dreadlord. Could go either way but I think tx will pull through if olive and durka come.
But we won the ladlez with this lineup.

Boooooooooo!
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

OPENING ROUND
mYm vs .x]: Because Hoax left and Durka can't do it alone.
OT vs DS: `DS´ stole part of my tag because pukes is in love with me :p :b :d :q
PL vs PRU: Pure Luck is rad and their players aren't bad. Pru is not but their players are hot.
ID vs _~R~_: ID can't do it. I really wonder if Poke will have a good internet connection though. And dreadlord? wtf isn't he \\?
CTa vs CTb: Resist the Empire!
.dP° vs uNk: uNk.team.uNk finally reunites. Epic.
Speed Demons vs SP-: Players I recognize on Speed Demons: Zero, tim misny, FRAGILE. Zero doesn't like me because I kicked him off my team sumo team one time.
uNa vs SP+: I predict this will be the fastest beating in Ladle history. Ladle 50 ftw!

QUARTER FINALS
mYm vs DS: No contest. In fact, I predict this will be the second fastest beating in Ladle history. And Liz will laugh a lot. Ladle 50 ftw!
PL vs _~R~_: I'm a big fan of Pure Luck. If they had a team jersey, I'd buy one (dariv's). Rogues do have some strength and will likely be better organized than PL, but I'm gonna say they lose because Poke's net connection will suck.
CT vs uNk: I don't know which uNk team will play here or which CT team will either, but I'm willing to bet that uNks can't handle a lightsaber the way CTers can. This will be a tough match and I'm biased, so FU uNk, CT moves on in my L50 Predictions.
SP- vs SP+: Please solve: (SP-) + (SP+) = n You'd think this tron math problem would = 0, but it doesn't. It equals SP+.

SEMI FINALS
mYm vs PL: PL squeaked by Rogues, but \\'s administration of Armagetron Pickup servers has given them strength and confidence.
CT vs SP+: If their lineup is Flex, Hoax, FoFo, insa, Xyron, and teen, this match isn't going to be pretty. The problem with that lineup is that they have too much weight and too much skill. You wouldn't think that's a bad thing, but it is. CT uses the force.

FINALS
mYm vs CT: mYm is strong, but I don't think they are destined to win Ladle 50.

LADLE 50 WINNER
CT: Ladle 50 winners get a Tronny.

In reality I think SP+ will win.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

dude didn't you know that I'm at school now and my connection pwns? Or do I sense sarcasm?

Anyway, this looks like it's going to be a really big ladle. People are pulling out the big guns for this one. Here are my top 3 contenders:

~*SP*~
There's not much to say here but to note the additions of hoax, teen, and xyron for this ladle. Slap on fofo, insa, and another SP random (slov would be great, or nubi, or flex, etc.) and you've got a killin' team.

CTa
If Woned, Zap, and Beer all show, then they're already 75% of the way there. Also, both cronix and gazelle should be noted as they're still relatively new players (cronix less so) but both surprisingly great sweepers (and a great pair at that). The key here is still attendance though.

uNk
I purposely saved unk for last since I think this will be a very interesting ladle for them. I don't know the last time they put all of their players on one team, but I've sure never seen it before. Talk about all your eggs in one basket. There is so much potential here with this team, but I fear that one thing may lead to its collapse: democracy. uNk has always been the team to spread it's talent over both of their contending teams. They've stood for fairness, for equal participation and say. Now though, if they don't play their heavy hitters when needed, they may not make it. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made, and I'm curious to see if unk's second tier players are willing to make those.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

The last time I played you when you had an "awesome" connection at school you RQd because of how bad it got lol
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Lol appa?

We didn't even have poke last ladle, or L48? I don't remember but I was cptn and we lost in the finals...and that was without dreadlord.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Mkay1 wrote:Wow, gz ladle on still going strong on your 50th year.
50th month xD
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

um, i don't remember rq'ing a ladle, but maybe I'll check recordings to see
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ah yes, the first Ladle. I wish I was old enough to have been there on that fateful, momentous day: October 1st, 1961. I did find a still from an old newsreel showing a little bit of it (now we see how old Vanhayes really is!). They just don't make Tron like they used too.
Attachments
Fort1961.png
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

sinewav wrote:
Ah yes, the first Ladle. I wish I was old enough to have been there on that fateful, momentous day: October 1st, 1961. I did find a still from an old newsreel showing a little bit of it (now we see how old Vanhayes really is!). They just don't make Tron like they used too.
lold
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

[/size]Opening Round:

\\MeetYourMaker Vs. Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats (2-1): Tx have the most years of experience, And the most inactive players.

Open Team Vs. Dark Syndicate (0-2): uhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm....

Pure Luck Vs. PRU (2-1): Really evenly matched, But my luck goes to pLx

Immortal Dynasty Vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ (1-2): Slick was mad so he RQed in the first round.. Red finally took his place. Good thing R has some color :D

Crazy Tronners Alpha Vs. Crazy Tronners Beta (1-2): someone had to teach Gonzap a lesson...

.dp Vs. uNk (0-2): uuuuhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.....

Speed Demons Vs. Speedhax (0-2): syllaburr is carrying this team :D

The United Noobs of Armagetron Vs. ~*SP*~ shows hoax&xyron naked teens (2-1): A bunch of nudist SP players coming to this.. IDTS! uNa will pull out (hehe) a win from this one

Quarter Finals:

\\MeetYourMaker Vs. Dark Syndicate (2-0): Liz's Bf didn't call her back today...

Pure Luck Vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ (1-2): The Force is with R.

Crazy Tronners Beta Vs. uNk (2-0): Team .uNk and .uNk Team.. opposites will not attract in this matchup

Speedhax Vs. The United Noobs of Armagetron (2-1): If king wasnt so tempermental they wouldnt have lost the first round :D

Semi Finals:

\\MeetYourMaker Vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ (1-2): Liz's bf called back...

Crazy Tronners Beta Vs. Speedhax (2-1): Who is J-Dawg and why did they put him in the first round?!?!?!

Finals:

Crazy Tronners Beta Vs. _~Rogue Tronners~_ (2-0): God damnit slick... CT wins there 9th lade win in Ladle 50
ImageImageImageImageImage
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

bias grumble grumble something something idc

Rogue Tronners will win this. No over but they added dreadlord this ladle and I think they will win this one. I'd do the full predictions but I got bitched at last time so w/e.
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

J Dawg wrote:Slick was mad so he RQed in the first round.. Red finally took his place. Good thing R has some color :D
:o slick no rq plox
red
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I'll just say I'm pulling for R to win... Since I can't be there nothing for me to say otherwise... And since I won't be there I won't bother with predictions.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.