CTF BRAWL 9

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: CTF BRAWL 9

Post by sinewav »

Oh, I though Ux was more girly* since the other team has the "y," like in your chromosomes.

I hope I see some outstanding play in this Brawl. Last month's was pretty weak. Made me think just about anyone can win a Brawl.

*misogynist.wav!
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I fail to see how thats misogynist in any way, and you're just taking PC to a rediculous level.

GL HF anyway, and I might actually pop in and see how this one goes o.O
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

sinewav wrote:Oh, I though Ux was more girly* since the other team has the "y," like in your chromosomes.

I hope I see some outstanding play in this Brawl. Last month's was pretty weak. Made me think just about anyone can win a Brawl.

*misogynist.wav!
:/ just cuz we won...?
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Im cheerleading if im not too hung over.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Slickster wrote::/ just cuz we won...?
No Slick, I said that because I really didn't see any outstanding play. In Fortress, there is a lot of effort to stay on top and that means innovation. I haven't seen anything innovative in CTF for a long time. All the matches last month were, well, pretty weak. It hardly looked different than weekday games of CTF and wasn't inspiring at all. Of course, I myself didn't have anything to add either. I guess I'm relying on the "pros" to impress me, which they haven't. I want to get excited about CTF, to stay interested.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

sinewav wrote:
Slickster wrote::/ just cuz we won...?
No Slick, I said that because I really didn't see any outstanding play. In Fortress, there is a lot of effort to stay on top and that means innovation. I haven't seen anything innovative in CTF for a long time. All the matches last month were, well, pretty weak. It hardly looked different than weekday games of CTF and wasn't inspiring at all. Of course, I myself didn't have anything to add either. I guess I'm relying on the "pros" to impress me, which they haven't. I want to get excited about CTF, to stay interested.

this is a good articulation of why I think I could never get into it either.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

I definitely see where you're coming from Sine.

I have seen some innovation tho. When levi and Ww won, I saw some crazy shit.

The last 2 have been week. I feel like the first 5 were really exciting.

Obvious is obvious tho it wasn't exciting last time cuz I couldn't make it :P
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Give it some time, sine et al. I really think with more CTF games springing up outside of the Laggy, Noobish, Ww CTF, you are going to see some new innovations. As an aside, let me mention that ID is moving to having "Insert Disk" teams (tag ID.) so we can easily add players from outside of ID to any ID team. In the future, ID teams competing in any tournament will be "Insert Disk" ones. This will allow me to easily create some CTF and CTFS teams that will have only a few ID members, but I will be able to fill the teams. I have been playing a lot of CTF and CTFS lately, and I have some ideas that I would like to explore, if only to pwn you all.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Oh and if someone noticed:
Uy's Lineup wrote:(Tru, Sexy Beast (Tru@forums, sexy\ beast@forums), Rorschach, Giby, Tru, Regedit, Ti, Gftis, Portgas D. Ace, Lawliet)
Splitscreen and two players, Tru? :D
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

has ctf ever been tried without the res?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:This will allow me to easily create some CTF and CTFS teams that will have blah blah blah...
Less talk, more action gene.

@poke. No. But you and I know CTF needs a serious overhaul. Right now the focus of the game is kills, not flags -- thanks to bogus scoring. As an example of how dated CTF is, we still have a DZ ending rounds after 5 minutes. If you know the original reason for the DZ, you know how behind the times this game mode is.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

well plx just beat open team, i felt like i was playing in ww ctf. nothing special, thanks for hosting though, gives me something to do lol.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:
compguygene wrote:This will allow me to easily create some CTF and CTFS teams that will have blah blah blah...
Less talk, more action gene.

@poke. No. But you and I know CTF needs a serious overhaul. Right now the focus of the game is kills, not flags -- thanks to bogus scoring. As an example of how dated CTF is, we still have a DZ ending rounds after 5 minutes. If you know the original reason for the DZ, you know how behind the times this game mode is.
Well, finally we are getting to the conversation we should be having. I would be more than happy to experiment with some new settings. I did try adding 100m to the tail, and liked that a lot. Eliminating the DZ is something I will do gladly. But, let's talk about the scoring. If the game is "Capture the Flag" then would it be wiser to increase the ratio of SCORE_FLAG/SCORE_KILL? Just as an example,

SCORE_FLAG 10
SCORE_KILL 1
LIMIT_SCORE 100

First team to reach 100 (10 scored flags) wins the round. With only 1 point per kill, kills will not affect the score much except in close rounds.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

scrap the score kill and scrap the round pts. its capture the flag, not who can quickly dump everyone and get the round points.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

pLx ftw..

not even over but I call pLx will win!