Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by INW »

Hmm, the forum posted my post twice. Err, delete?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:I am not even going to analyze your post because of your rude attitude.
Ok, I'm sorry I lost my temper with you, but you tend to drag things out way longer than needed. Notice how this isn't about DDMJ/mYm and now about me and the rules? That's what I'm talking about.
INW wrote:The "Rules for players" section is completely broken and full of holes. You need to sit down and create explanations and exceptions for every rule on listed to the point where there aren't any questions or doubts about anything.
This is exactly what we don't need. It's not broken at all, and there are no holes that anyone cares about, or any that have been exploited. All the points you made about the rules are perfectly true. Yes, you can sign up your entire team as "Player 1". It's called the "alias problem." We are all aware of it and there is nothing that can be done. As long as there is a valid GiD listed for the team, the rest gets sorted out with ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_TO/OF. And yes, when dlh, kyle, Flex, and I revised the rules I mentioned an exception for Open Team -- but everyone decided you would have to be a pretty big dick to go after them since it's totally impractical for that team to be organized in such a way.

What you want is hand-holding. Can you imagine the size of the rules if we write in every possible scenario? I'm mean, the rules are already massive as it is and clearly overwhelming to you. I personally hate that they are so long and I'd like to see rules removed.

Be creative. Be "Freedom-minded." Assume that if there is no rule saying you can't do it, then it CAN be done. Because that's probably the case.
Last edited by sinewav on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

INW wrote:I wasn't trying to get Durka in trouble.
INW wrote:Should mYm lose their seed? Should disciplinary action be made towards Durka?
INW

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote: All the points you made about the rules are perfectly true. Yes, you can sign up your entire team as "Player 1". It's called the "alias problem."
Oh yes, that is right. I remember that discussion now. Makes sense now.
vogue wrote:
INW wrote:I wasn't trying to get Durka in trouble.
INW wrote:Should mYm lose their seed? Should disciplinary action be made towards Durka?
I was asking questions to
INW wrote:bring light to a rule that syllabear pointed out.
The whole purpose of your post was what liz? To drag out an argument. kthx
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

INW

Post by INW »

I did that on purpose. :lol:

Talking to liz here, remember.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

INW wrote:
I did that on purpose. :lol:

Talking to liz here, remember.
We need a "kthxbai" armistice.
Thilo
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Thilo »

kthxhai

Just wanna throw in.. I felt sorta dickish to mYm for being sticklers about the server. It wasn't our GOAL to exploit the situation and it's partially my bad because I forgot that you guys didn't know that R is psychic and knew kairo would be able to join within a few rounds. Also, I was all for Durka joining. What Sine said ^^ rules should prevent unfairness and abuse, not prevent epic battles.

Okay. Thank you. Good bye.
<--- shoebat