Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by sinewav »

prettylights wrote:...and amazing defense today, awesine
Oh Thank You! :D
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Great picture. However, it wasn't needed.

So let's just use SP as an example as this is what started all of this a ways back??

SP1 has players 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 listed on the challenge board.
SP2 has players 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 listed on the challenge board.

Players 5 & 6 actually play for SP2 and players 11 & 12 actually play for SP1. These changes can't be made the hour before the ladle for whatever reason but can be made during or after the ladle? What is the point?

Notice, rule 7 states that changes made after the ladle starts may be made for
Wiki wrote:(scores, server changes, substitutes, no shows)
But changes from one moving one player from one team to another?
Durka was not a sub for mYm. Durka was a player for TX who was then moved to mYm.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I thought rule 8 referred to players not listed on the wiki anywhere (so for example, if I played for a team, since I'm not listed on the wiki, I could join as a sub before the semis for that team without breaking the rules), while players already listed for one team cannot switch to another team from 1 hour before the ladle onwards

Or is my understanding of the rules incorrect?

I'm not out to get anyone or anything, I just am curious about my understanding of the rules and whether Durka broke them?
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok look, the reason there is a hold on edits is because we need a window of opportunity to take care of any problems that might arise before Ladle starts. This could be any number of scenarios (like missing servers and such). It's usually at this time, the hour before, when teams are finding out which of their players will actually show up, and who is hanging around without a team (potential subs). Editing right before opening rounds is pointless and just makes everything more complicated than it needs to be. (Also, the original plan for this magical hour also included Team Leaders meeting in #armagetron.ladle to go over any problems -- though that part never materialized.)
thick headed kid who argues for no reason wrote:Notice, rule 7 states that changes made after the ladle starts may be made for
Wiki wrote:(scores, server changes, substitutes, no shows)
But changes from one moving one player from one team to another?
Durka was not a sub for mYm. Durka was a player for TX who was then moved to mYm.
No, Durka was a sub for mYm, that's why he was edited in to reflect that. Remember, a substitute is ANY player who hasn't played for another team in Ladle. Where they are listed on the Challenge Board (or not) makes no difference.
syllabear wrote:I thought rule 8 referred to players not listed on the wiki anywhere (so for example, if I played for a team, since I'm not listed on the wiki, I could join as a sub before the semis for that team without breaking the rules), while players already listed for one team cannot switch to another team from 1 hour before the ladle onwards

Or is my understanding of the rules incorrect?
Your understanding is incorrect. It doesn't say anywhere that listed players are forbidden to be substitutes and it clearly says edits can happen after Ladle starts but not in the hour before.

Here is the last thing I can say about this. The rules are very utilitarian and as succinct as possible. They are designed to get the most people into the game without giving anyone an advantage due to team size. Especially in the case of today's Ladle everything worked out great because of these rules.

When mYm met Rouge Tronners, mYm's Team Leader couldn't get into the server. It would have been 4v6. Is that a fun semi-finals match? Durka hadn't played yet and wanted too. Why shouldn't he be able to help a short-handed team? Is it fun to exclude someone from helping a team that needs it? Several rounds after the start, the missing Team Leader was able to join and teams were 6v6. These were very good, fun, intense matches -- all of which wouldn't happen with your interpretation of the rules. Think about sportsmanship. Don't be selfish. Have fun.
INW

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote:
thick headed kid who argues for no reason wrote:
What is your problem dude? At least respect the people you are talking to. Bashing and acting like an asshole isn't going to get you anywhere in discussions. I can see why you have no job, or life, rather.

I am not even going to analyze your post because of your rude attitude.

The "Rules for players" section is completely broken and full of holes. You need to sit down and create explanations and exceptions for every rule on listed to the point where there aren't any questions or doubts about anything.

Rule #1: To be considered valid, a team must have a minimum of 4 players including at least one but not more than two Team Leaders.
So I can just list my players as Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4 and then change them to the actual players after the ladle. Great, add that to the rules.

Rule #2: Team Leaders must list their Global ID on the Challenge board. Players can not be signed up under multiple teams. You may only play for one team each Ladle.
But if it doesn't matter what team you are signed up for before the ladle, who is to say Player 1 didn't play under an alias for a different team?

Rule #3: Only Team Leaders may add, edit or remove their team from the Challenge Board. Modifications to the position of Team Leader may be done by the current Team Leader(s) or the new Team Leader(s).
This is false, I have added myself to my team many times without the team leader doing it. It has happened more than a handful of time where players add themselves to their clan's ladle team. Also, where is the exception for an Open Team?

Shall I continue on through Rule #10?

EDIT: I would sit down and type up explanations and exceptions to all the rules but they wouldn't be accepted anyway. Ever seen a rule book for a professional sport? Ever notice how the majority of rules have a definite explanation? Ever notice how the rules are enforced? Some have holes but the holes or "exceptions", rather, have solutions.

Interesting, I know.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

1. Durka didn't play for TX.
2. So what durka is listed on the tx roster BUT he didn't play therefor, to me he is kind of a "ghost" on the tx roster
3. I don't get why there is an argument, both teams agreed durka could play, and he hadn't played at all that day.

Rules only go so far then comes common sense. Lets use it.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I just wanted to clarify my understanding so I don't get mad at anyone in the future if this happens with me. Thanks for clearing it up for me sine :)
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Wiki wrote:7. Players listed on the Challenge Board are not allowed to join or switch teams under any circumstances in the hour before opening rounds. The Challenge Board is effectively locked until Ladle starts, after which changes may be made to reflect actual playing situations (scores, server changes, substitutes, no shows).
1. I was a "no show" for TX.
2. I subbed for mYm.
3. I was added BEFORE the semi's

How did I break any rules?!

Believe me, I read over them and so did both team captains before we agreed I could play. Besides, I never even put my name on the TX roster for the Ladle. What if I was out of town and did not know Hoax put my name down on the list? The last 2 sentences are irrelevant though.

Great matches R!
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

1. Rules are meant to be broken.
2. As long as UnK didnt break the rules this discussion should end since even if the teams DID break the rules they lost so ....
3. Congrats UNK again!

4. i can count.
HighTech

Post by HighTech »

Whenever I want to watch unk vs tx I get a connection lost sign after 30 sec or so?
Anyone else with this problem? Or am i just not doing it the right way?

I would love to see the epic comeback so please help ;)
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

man who cares , durka didnt play for tx , he came when unk vs tx finished , mym needed someone he joined nothing else , where is the problem? its not like he played for tx and mym , you guys care too much about the rules and forget tron is a game made to have fun , why durka playing for mym would be a problem ? Oo
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

INW wrote:
sinewav wrote:
What is your problem dude? At least respect the people you are talking to. Bashing and acting like an asshole isn't going to get you anywhere in discussions. I can see why you have no job, or life, rather.

I am not even going to analyze your post because of your rude attitude.

Come on guy, that is not cool. To be honest, you do argue for no reason, you even said it....... twice. I could careless
I couldn't care more

You probably started out with respect, but lost it. Sine is not an unreasonable person, who has contributed more than you can fathom to the community. I remember ct|kyle had me on his foes list after I made some of my earlier ID drama posts. He then took me off it as I had been better. I could compare your terrible grammar to how you are lazy and "could careless about" being intelligent (something that is actually considered cool, in the real world of success), but that would be a dick move. Not that sine needs it, but I will defend him from WHOEVER makes shit to him.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Why are you getting mad at his description of you?
This is exactly what you're doing.

Anyway, who was the closest with his/her predictions? Seems like a lot of unexpected things happened this ladle. Funny to see people of different clans playing with other clans/teams too.
bmg
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by bmg »

I used titan's counting to score the predictions and posted them below. However, they got lost 2 pages ago by this argument. Here they are again for the people wondering:
bmg wrote:Prediction scores:

1st place: Bmg with 26 points
2nd place: Elmo with 23 points
3rd place: Potter with 18 points
4th place: Cody with 16 points
5th place: Nel with 10 points
6th place: Apparition with 7 points: (youre score is really low because you didn't put match score predictions)

gz to unk.team for winning ladle and _~R~_ for surprising everyone (except cody) and going to ladle finals!

*I gave everyone who didn't add in the silly puddy game 2 points because since they added late a lot of people didnt edit their brackets and I thought most people would think _~R~_ would win 2-0 so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
INW

Post by INW »

I wasn't arguing for no point this time. I wasn't trying to get Durka in trouble. I was trying to bring light to a rule that syllabear pointed out.

Ya, no big deal.

As for arguing, I was just defending forum Rule #5.