Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by DDMJ »

Desolate wrote:
Cody wrote:
DDMJ wrote:How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

How many times has that actually happened?

/thread
LuL GM today durka :P i win.
you never beat him
Nah, I played with mym after TX lost (I didn't play with TX)...BUT, Cody never predicted I would be on mym, so he couldn't have possibly predicted beating me :P

hehe <3
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

durka worst excuse i ve ever heard :D
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Umm doesn't this mean that durka broke one (or more?) ladle rule(s)?

From what I can see from a brief check at least Rule 7 from here, and technically rule 3 (but nobody even cares about that anymore by the looks).

Surprising results anyway, and I'll just post gz to unk.team here (I had a feeling either you or CT would win), and to R who very definately surprised me with their finals result.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
INW

Post by INW »

Wiki wrote:7. Players listed on the Challenge Board are not allowed to join or switch teams under any circumstances in the hour before opening rounds. The Challenge Board is effectively locked until Ladle starts, after which changes may be made to reflect actual playing situations (scores, server changes, substitutes, no shows).
8. Substitutes may be added until the start of the semi-finals. After the semi-finals begin, a team needs the approval of the opponent to add a substitute.
Rule 8 contradicts rule 7.

But is Durka is not allowed to move himself from one team to the other beyond the hour before the ladle. He was listed for TX. He then moved himself to mYm after TX lost. (The wiki actually shows that Durka moved himself after they lost in the semi's? at 19:45 GMT)

Should mYm lose their seed? Should disciplinary action be made towards Durka?

/me speaks to the ladle committee.
O wait...
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

INW wrote:
Wiki wrote:7. Players listed on the Challenge Board are not allowed to join or switch teams under any circumstances in the hour before opening rounds. The Challenge Board is effectively locked until Ladle starts, after which changes may be made to reflect actual playing situations (scores, server changes, substitutes, no shows).
8. Substitutes may be added until the start of the semi-finals. After the semi-finals begin, a team needs the approval of the opponent to add a substitute.
Rule 8 contradicts rule 7.

But is Durka is not allowed to move himself from one team to the other beyond the hour before the ladle. He was listed for TX. He then moved himself to mYm after TX lost. (The wiki actually shows that Durka moved himself after they lost in the semi's? at 19:45 GMT)

Should mYm lose their seed? Should disciplinary action be made towards Durka?

/me speaks to the ladle committee.
O wait...
Xyron did the same thing a couple of ladles ago, switching from CT to TX, and nothing was done.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Yeah, no big deal. All this means is Durka lost in every way this Ladle :)
INW

Post by INW »

Stealing a blue road cone from Busch Gardens is nothing too big but hey, it is against the law.

/me looks in circles
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Or you could argue that if unk had a 'leader' or whatever, they could have won a ladle last year

as for Durka he definitely broke the rule about only captains changing the lineup (he's not sp though <):D)
& afaik he switched to mym after not playing for TX in accordance with rule 8. I guess 7 & 8 should be looked at if they conflict then
ElmosWorld wrote: Xyron did the same thing a couple of ladles ago, switching from CT to TX, and nothing was done.
Hm when was this & did you bring it up anywhere
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Hoax wrote:
ElmosWorld wrote: Xyron did the same thing a couple of ladles ago, switching from CT to TX, and nothing was done.
Hm when was this & did you bring it up anywhere
Ladle 46. No and I didn't bring it up here, just pointing out a fact.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:Rule 8 contradicts rule 7.
lern2read. There is no contradiction. Here, I'll use fewer words to explain the guidelines:

After brackets are randomized only Team Leaders may edit their teams, and that means a maximum of two players can be added or switched. Any player can be removed. No editing happens in the hour before the Ladle. However, after Ladle begins the Challenge Board may be edited to reflect who actually played. Regarding substitutes, anyone who hasn't played in Ladle that day is considered eligible to sub.

That's all there is to it. Case closed.
INW wrote:But is Durka is not allowed to move himself from one team to the other beyond the hour before the ladle.
Beyond the hour? Where did you come up with this?

And mYm will probably lose their seed anyway since Durka and I are subs and who knows if mYm will even have enough for two teams next time, or enough of the same players. Instead of disciplinary action, why don't you have a core dumping contest with Durka/mYm instead? If you win, they have to sit out next Ladle. :lol:
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Oh well it just seemed like you wanted something to be done about it that's all

edit: judge sine slipped in a post there
INW

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote:
INW wrote:Rule 8 contradicts rule 7.
lern2read. There is no contradiction. Here, I'll use fewer words to explain the guidelines:

After brackets are randomized only Team Leaders may edit their teams, and that means a maximum of two players can be added or switched. Any player can be removed. No editing happens in the hour before the Ladle. However, after Ladle begins the Challenge Board may be edited to reflect who actually played. Regarding substitutes, anyone who hasn't played in Ladle that day is considered eligible to sub.

That's all there is to it. Case closed.
Then this explanation needs to be listed on the wiki dude. You can only take a rule for what it is listed as. All this explaining needs to be in small print or as a footnote. Blame yourself, not my reading comprehension skills.
sinewav wrote:
INW wrote:But is Durka is not allowed to move himself from one team to the other beyond the hour before the ladle.
Beyond the hour? Where did you come up with this?
Wiki wrote:7. Players listed on the Challenge Board are not allowed to join or switch teams under any circumstances in the hour before opening rounds.
Learn2read, it is right there. Just restating the rule, nothing else.
He changed teams on the challenge board after the semi finals in which he played in.
Derp.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

apparition wrote:Yeah, no big deal. All this means is Durka lost in every way this Ladle :)
prettylights
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prettylights »

sinewav wrote: And mYm will probably lose their seed anyway since Durka and I are subs and who knows if mYm will even have enough for two teams next time, or enough of the same players. Instead of disciplinary action, why don't you have a core dumping contest with Durka/mYm instead? If you win, they have to sit out next Ladle. :lol:
i dont think we will (or should if people learn to read). we'd still keep our seed under one team so long as 4 of the 7 // are listed under that one big team.

thanks for subing durka, hope you don't have to deal with anything here. and amazing defense today, awesine

gs unksss
\\eNVY
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:Blame yourself, not my reading comprehension skills.
Dude. What does "in the hour" mean? It certainly doesn't mean beyond the hour. Here, I'll draw a picture since we're down to this.

"In the hour" is the yellow area. When did Durka edit the Challenge Board?

If you answer correctly, I'll give you this gold star --> :star:
Attachments
editing.png