Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

bmg
On Lightcycle Grid

Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by bmg »

Opening Round

Crazy Tronners: 2
Open Team: 0

Ashi, chrisd and garisimo wont be able to lead their team to victory over a tough Ct team and chances are the Open Team wont even be able to get 6 to show up. Ct should win this match no problem

Sweet Sixteen

Team.unk: 2
Crazy Tronners: 1

This match I think will be a close one. Without potter for the first round and also a bit of a server advantage for Ct this match can go either way. However, I think Ct is a little unprepared (being entered late, etc.) and thanks to holing, team.unk will be able to eek this one out

Dark Syndicate: 2
PRU: 0

I think Dark Syndicate has more depth and skill on their roster and will sail through to the sweet sixteen.
(sorry word, 30th ladle isnt the charm)

Unk.team: 2
Deja Vu: 0

Dv is a skilled clan but I think they won't be a match for unk.team especially since their 1st round loss last ladle they will make sure it doesnt happen again

Next Generation: 0
Twixted Xats: 2

Bad luck for next generation. With or without titan, tx should breeze by them and into the sweet sixteen

\\MeetYourMaker: 2
MeetYourMaker//: 1

Even worse luck of the draw for mYm however they get a good warm-up match. I think \\mym has a bit of a better roster and will come out with a win

Pure Luck: 2
uNa: 0

The team consisting of mainly ex-sa members will easily beat a weaker uNa team. But uNa will keep improving by playing better teams and by continuing to participate in ladle.

Immortal Dynasty: 2
DpG: 0

A more experienced ID team will put away a newer clan that is inexperienced in fort and advance to the elite eight for the first time in a while

Rogue Tronners: 1
Magical Speedhax: 2

I think this match will also be a good one. After taking a break last ladle this team is ready come out and win it as they did in ladle 45. However, they will be stopped by speedhax who beat tx and made it to the finals. This Speedhax team has great chemistry and is hungry for a win after last ladle's visit to the finals and that will be enough to put them over the edge in a close one

Elite Eight

Team.unk: 2
Dark Syndicate: 0

DS was able to slide into the elite eight but it looks as if their ladle will end there. Team.unk will be too much and beat them with their holing and defense.

Twixted Xats: 1

In my opinion this will be the best match in the whole ladle this time around. Both teams have what it takes to win and it could go either way. Since the server favors unk.team and the dynamic duo of slash and fofo I think unk will come out with a win but it will be a great match either way

Pure Luck: 1

Contrary to their name, Pure Luck has a lot of skill. Led by dariv and koala I think this team will make it close but in the end meetyourmaker will come out victorious. Their teamwork and skill will be too much for TIC too handle in this shootout.

Immortal Dynasty: 0

After a tough 1st round match against _~R~_ the speedhax catch a break here against a weaker ID team and coast into the final four

Final Four

\\MeetYourMaker: 0

MeetYourMaker might keep it interesting for a bit, but the ladle 47 runner-ups end up winning and going to their second-straight final. Even though they don't advance to the finals, mYm gets their 3rd seed in a row. Everyone better be careful because mYm is slowly emerging as one of the better fort clans!

Team.unk: 1

The two unk teams will battle it out to see who goes to the finals. We all know each other pretty well so this is pretty much a toss up. I'm going with unk.team because they want to win more and wont let anything get in their way.

Finals

Magical Speedhax: 1

The skill and team chemistry of Unk.team plus the addition of FoFo is too much for the Speedhax who put up a great fight and should be proud of what they accomplished. Unk.team is able to get revenge after losing to Speedhax in the first round of ladle 47 as Team Unkown brings in its 2nd ladle in a row!

*I know I am biased, sorry about that. Also I wish everyone good luck in ladle!
Last edited by bmg on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by Word »

Whenever i come across the prediction threads I miss Concord's power rankings. When I read them I always thought "hm...we don't come off well, as always..." but come on, at least he never forgot to state his reasons. His predictions were rational, and I don't like how most predictions aren't rational anymore and just seem to be a shot in the dark. I'm not saying i'm better at it, I just know that I'd approach it in a different way.

(and in case all our team's player's laptops won't suddenly explode on sunday, compare our line ups please, the really active players on the roster, and use that as a basis.)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote:Whenever i come across the prediction threads I miss Concord's power rankings.
He's a good writer, I miss his work too. No one has stepped in to fill his place. Like him or hate him I think his thoughtful, balanced editorials contributed a great deal to the atmosphere in Fortress.
bmg
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by bmg »

Word wrote:His predictions were rational, and I don't like how most predictions aren't rational anymore and just seem to be a shot in the dark.
Just wondering since these are my first ladle predictions how do you think mine are "a shot in the dark" and what is irrational and what could i do to improve them?
Last edited by bmg on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

Im guessing giving rational reasoning to your predictions could make them more insightful
red
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Check out a few of my prediction threads below and you'll see what Word means. Rather than posting random scores (aka "shot in the dark"), I post detailed explanations for my picks for each matchup:
bmg
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by bmg »

I understand, I should have put comments but before I made these I only checked ladle 47 predictions and they were all commentless (if thats a word).

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 60&t=21698

Anyways, If i have time ill edit these and put up my reasons sorry about asking i was just wondering. gl in ladle to everyone! :)

Edit: I fixed my predictions word and durka :)
Last edited by bmg on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Opening Round:

Crazy Tronners(2) vs. Open Team(0) - No idea who or how many will show for CT, irregardless, they will have no trouble with Ashi's team

Rogue Tronners(2) vs. Silly Puddy(0) - Even with a full team I don't think Silly Puddy could win this.

Sweet 16:

Team.uNk(2) vs. Crazy Tronners(1) - This matchup depends on who plays for CT. I believe the winner of this match will make it to the final four.

PRU(2) vs. Dark Syndicate(0) - Another fairly even matchup, but I believe the advantage goes to PRU here.

uNk.Team(2) vs. Deja Vu(0) - uNk + dreadlord and Fofo will have no trouble with teen and the DV crowd.

Next Generation(0) vs. Twixted Xats(2) - A rematch of the Elite Eight matchup of last ladle with the same result, especially since NG is without Titan.

\\MeetYourMaker(2) vs. MeetYourMaker//(0) - Bad luck for the mYm clan, but \\ is better than //.

Pure Luck(2) vs. uNa(0) - even with the return of Nelhybel, uNa doesn't even come close the talent that pure luck(sa?) has

Immortal Dynasty(2) vs. DpG(0) - ID and there almost 30 team members have more experience then any of the members of DpG.

Rogue Tronners(0) vs. Magical Speedhax(2) - R has had trouble with people showing up to ladle in the recent months so Speedhax will win this.

Elite Eight:

Team.uNk(2) vs. PRU(0) - Easier than the first round opponent uNk/CT gets a breather in this round.

uNk.Team(2) vs. Twixted Xats(1) - This match could also go either way. I believe uNk squeaks out a victory here.

\\MeetYourMaker(2) vs. Pure Luck(0) - This match could end up being close; I don't know enough about pL to make a better guess here.

Immortal Dyansty(0) vs. Magical Speedhax(2) - Even with almost 30 players, ID won't stand a chance against the Ladle 47 runner ups.

Final Four:

Team.uNk(1) vs. uNk.Team(2) - Either Team.uNk or CT will lose to uNk.Team here.

\\MeetYourMaker(1) vs. Magical Speedhax(2) - mYm just doesn't have what it takes to beat SP.

Championship:

uNk.Team(2) vs. Magical Speedhax(1) - A rematch of the opening round of last ladle with a very different result.

EDIT: added the R vs. Silly Puddy opening round matchup
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

So I've only been back for a few days, but I love writing these, so here goes (credit to bmg for the template, as I am editing off of his text):

Opening Round

Open Team: 0

It's difficult to be sure who will show up for the Open Team, but regardless of who shows, CT is a veteran fortress clan of strong players who have practiced together a very great deal.

Sweet Sixteen

Team.unk: 1

CT is back for revenge from being eliminated early last ladle; with a nice warm up against Open Team, and a great deal of determination - and the fact that my mindset is still largely in the unk of late '10, early '11, when they'd often come close to a Ladle win, but never actually win - CT will win 2-1.

Dark Syndicate: 2
PRU: 1

From past experience, the caliber of the Pru clan is higher than the caliber of the DS clan; but in the past few days, I've seen DS players playing a great deal, whereas I have yet to see a Pru player. While this alone is not of the utmost important, a quick look at the roster... doesn't help, they still look evenly matched. My gut says the final score will favor Spook and his boys.

Deja Vu: 1

I feel this is a group of skilled players comfortable and well practiced with each other, against a team of very skilled players. For having skilled players, each team gets a point. For the comfortability factor, uNk get's the second point.

Twixted Xats: 2
Next Generation: 0

Next Generation has an interesting assortment of players that could potentially play very well as a team; but looking at recent results, TX seems to have improved tremendously as of late, and will win this decisively.

MeetYourMaker//: 0

This is really bad bracket luck for Meet Your Maker. Both teams are stacked with players I know to be highly skilled. But my guess is, as would any clan, Meet Your Maker specifically stacked one team as an "A team" and one as a "B team", and intuition tells me you can identify which is which by looking for Liz's name (though I'm surprised Sine and Chah aren't on the same team as her). With this assumption, I believe \\ will simply be a superior team and will win both matches.

uNa: 2
Pure Luck: 1

I played a war with uNa tonight against ID; despite us having a 6 (or 9 counting subs) to 4 advantage against them, we still lost both matches. uNa has the skill and the talent and the drive, more so than they have in the past, but that magical charm just hasn't clicked yet for all of our attributes to really show on the grid. Despite this negative, I'm confident in our ability to win this. I'm familiar with Dariv, Koala, and Zat, and I know that our best can take them. Is Sylla on there under alias? If so he may be our biggest obstacle; regardless, I am confident uNa will win this (though we will somehow manage to lose one of the matches despite having an early lead, that's just how we roll).

Immortal Dynasty: 2
DpG: 0

To the best of my knowledge, DpG is an assortment of CTWF players who are still finding their groove; they're up against an above average veteran team - so they'll be able to pull off a few amusing skirmishes and win a few rounds, but ID will ultimately win the first two matches.

Rogue Tronners: 0

Looking at the past few Ladle results leads me to believe R is going through a temporary lull; on the other hand, speedhax seems to be a strong team that made it to the finals last ladle. That's BS for I don't have a clue which way this will go. But based on those facts, I think Speedhax will win both matches.

Elite Eight

Dark Syndicate: 0

Not only will CT have the advantage of being a traditionally better clan than DS, but they will also have the warm-up of beating a decent Open Team and also the winners of last ladle.

Twixted Xat: 2
uNk.team: 0

Like I said, TX seems to be of a higher caliber than they were the last time I watched the Ladle closely - and given the fact that they were always good in the first place, I don't think they'll have too much trouble against what seems to be the uNk B team.

uNa: 0

uNa will be enthused by their round 1 win and may be able to use that momentum to play this match better than they would otherwise. Further more, the server location should favor us against attacks from Liz or any other Euros MYM might have. But realistically, this won't be enough to overrule the inevitable.

Immortal Dynasty: 0

ID's team of 27 people won't be able to help them against Speehax (or R, if they happen to win round one), regardless of who they face. The ID team just isn't what it was a number of months ago, and playing one of the best teams on the challenge board is certainly no help.

Final Four

Magical Speedhax: 1

Speedhax has certainly improved since Ladle 46, seeing as they came in the finals of Ladle 47 - enough to pull out one match here. But I doubt MeetYourMaker has gotten worse, in fact quite the contrary.

Txisted Xats: 2
Crazy Tronners: 1

CT, though on a run this Ladle, will be stopped here; still not fully recovered from the loss of dreadlord and xyron, and with TX seeming to be on top of their game as of late, the advantage will lie with the latter. Yet, I am sure that CT will put up a tough fight and win one match.

Finals

Txisted Xats: 1

Definitely a match worth watching, and I'm sure the closely paired teams will result in a 2-1 result. I give the advantage to Liz, eckz, and their peeps in MYM, largely due to how the quarter I just flipped landed.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Nel, you seem to be certain that every clan uses an "A" team and a "B" team. I wouldn't be so sure to classify EVERY clan like that.

By the way, what's your guys' clan site? I forgot it :/
Boxed
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

thank you bmg, that's more fun to read :)
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

bmg wrote: \\MeetYourMaker: 2
Pure Luck: 2
Do we play a undecided best of 4 now? :D
Signature? wtf...
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Nelhybel wrote:Is Sylla on there under alias? If so he may be our biggest obstacle;
<3

No, sorry to dissapoint but even if I were, I'm still with 400+ ping and out of practice :P

Nice predictions so far everyone, but I'm fairly certain nobody is 100% yet... too much bias :D
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

DAMNIT I was done writing predictions, then opera crashed. CT is gonna win, deso is gonna fail holing against uNk.Team, that' all I can remember. :| :x
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Nelhybel wrote:[...] I don't think they'll have too much trouble against what seems to be the uNk B team.
Ouch, that hurt.