Ladle 48 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 48 Predictions

Post by DDMJ »

Cody wrote:
DDMJ wrote:That's neither cockiness nor ignorance. I never said what's going to happen this Ladle (because anything can), I was just pointing out a historical fact.
I'll beat you! if its the last thing i do this ladle!
DDMJ wrote:How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

How many times has that actually happened?

/thread
ONCE;

Oh durka heres a suprise for you :> your team sux!

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4969/lololwc.png

i <3 u
When I said my team it was kinda implied that I meant a team that I played on (I didn't play in that CTF tournament). Furthermore, you never predicted that you would beat us so your argument is null :P.

To answer Psy's post: because it's fun! It gets people more engaged in the Ladle! All these discussions help hype up the games leading to exciting matchups!
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

FroZen wrote:I think people are taking predictions a bit too seriously. It's like getting angry over fantasy football.
DDMJ wrote:To answer Psy's post: because it's fun! It gets people more engaged in the Ladle! All these discussions help hype up the games leading to exciting matchups!
I agree to both posts, people should see predictions as what they actually are in my opinion: Subjective assessments by people who are looking forward to the ladle and who try to evaluate the current state of a single player or a whole team, mainly in an interest arousing way. In case that you are not agreeing to someone´s predictions, don´t view it as an insult, try to prove him wrong instead by straining in the tournament.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

FroZen wrote:I think people are taking predictions a bit too seriously. It's like getting angry over fantasy football.
Hey. Fantasy football its very serious. People have a right to get angry.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

DDMJ wrote:All these discussions help hype up the games leading to exciting matchups!
I don't think anyone is mad. Who is mad? I don't see it.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Slickster wrote:
DDMJ wrote:How many times has Cody predicted beating me (or my team) in tournaments?

How many times has that actually happened?

/thread
Hm, I feel as if I shouldn't feed into your cockiness and ignorance but Cody isn't the only member of this R team. kthxbai
I think you could call this being mad.
INW

Post by INW »

Slickster wrote:kthxbai
Ending a post with that is mad.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:
Is that sarcasm? I can't tell. Maybe poor writing skills are preventing me from seeing all this alleged rage? I know when I write something angrily, it's pretty obvious and full of scathing dialogue. And I usually call someone a jerk. :)
INW

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote:
INW wrote:
Is that sarcasm? I can't tell. Maybe poor writing skills are preventing me from seeing all this alleged rage? I know when I write something angrily, it's pretty obvious and full of scathing dialogue. And I usually call someone a jerk. :)
lol

From what I have seen, most people are raging when they end a sentence or post with "kthxbai" or "kthx". Or anything with a sarcastic tone when telling someone thx then bai at the same time.

You know?
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

DDMJ wrote: To answer Psy's post: because it's fun! It gets people more engaged in the Ladle! All these discussions help hype up the games leading to exciting matchups!
I enjoyed the power rankings (and that blog in general), but they were more general and though not totally unbiased as Concord was himself a participant, easy to appreciate.

I just find these posts a bit irritating - trying to categorize every team and put them in their place. I love the idea that teams can totally surprise the entire community - no one expected speedhax to do what they did last ladle, same with oracle when they were still going in the ladles they played and I hope for many more surprises in the future.

These predictions always feel like they're pulling these big dreams back down to earth. Before ladle, we acknowledge the standard of which every team is at, and afterwards we may bother to say "gz" on the forums to the winning team. Teams who do fantastic things in a particular ladle rarely get the acknowledgement they deserve by one person, let alone the whole community.

You could argue who cares what people think? - and I guess this is true, I don't! But these posts clearly due get some people worked up to an extent as has been recognized. Sorry for my rant, I just think we can do better than this :D
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:You know?
Ah! I see now, thanks for clarifying. I haven't experienced that before.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Would we have all this ridiculousness if we just posted the brackets without explanations?
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

@Cody:
You know that R will have no more than 4 players, don't you? :P

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

AI-team wrote:@Cody:
You know that R will have no more than 4 players, don't you? :P
*blah blah blah my name is AI-team and I'm a slut*

less talky more predicting!

<3 u AI

kthxbye
biasoner
Average Program

Post by biasoner »

Ok, kiddos, back to the main subject: Predictions

I do enjoy reading all the back and forth every month. It is very entertaining!

My Predictions:

I predict I will show up and play for pRu. I predict we will win a few and lose a few, and the order and rate of the wins and losses are up in the air. I also predict that one of the teams will win eventually. I also predict that Word will say during the ladle in-game at least twice " ATTACK OR I'LL SUICIDE!" :lol: -tRonPaul
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

You'd lose that bet ;)

I changed that instant chat to "ATTACK! I REALLY DON'T NEED HELP!! PLEEEEAASE!" a few days ago :P

I predict suddenly all Americans will get disconnected after China turned off your electricity :P