Flex's Fort Cup 2011 - 18th September 2011

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

oddeuro
On Lightcycle Grid

Flex's Fort Cup 2011 - 18th September 2011

Post by oddeuro »

Flex's Fortress Cup 2011
Sign-ups are open - http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=FFCup

This is a five versus five Fortress cup tournament. Just like a regular Fortress knock-out tournament/cup, it will take place in one evening. Each team will be matched up randomly against another team. The winning team will move onto the next round, the losers will be knocked-out of the tournament. Eventually only two teams will have surpassed them all to reach the finals. All servers will be randomized before being placed on the brackets.

This tourney will be using a strict sportsmanship policy, outlined below. All teams are recommended to have a website with a public viewable page of their full clan/team roster and a freenode IRC channel, it does not need to be registered, but that's your own responsibility. All teams are recommended to provide a server so we can fully utilise the best available servers.

Note: This tournament will only be held as a yearly event.

Date:
Sunday the 11th of September, 2011. 18:00 GMT.

Sign-Up Deadline:
18th of September, 2011, exactly 23:59, GMT.

More information available on the wikipedia page, further inquiries can be addressed by posting on the Speeders forum FF Cup thread.
Last edited by oddeuro on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flex
Round Winner

Re: Flex's Fort Cup 2011

Post by Flex »

We also need server's so, if server admins would like to provide a server, then that would be nice. Just four is needed, but we'd like possibly two more, extra, just in case! It's next month, so there's enough time to arrange things.

EDIT / UPDATE 1: I've closed the sign-ups for now due to the entry fee possibly not complying with PayPal terms and conditions. I will gather more information then re-open it soon. I will remove the entry fee, but still keep the prize money. Adjustments in terms of the available slots can either be determined by qualifiers or some form of requirement(s) per team. Then a free for all sign up starting on a specific date.

EDIT / UPDATE 2: Sign ups are now open again. Those clans/teams that have shown interest have already been signed up, please just update your rosters on the wiki page. Sign ups and player or team adjustments will close on the 11/09/2011 and the tournament will be held on Sunday, September the 18th, 2011. A few changes have been made, but other than that, everything is the same. Please sign up no more than 14 players, anything more than five is acceptable.

EDIT / UPDATE 3: Sign ups are full and now closed, but just in case any clan drops out, and you would like the spot, please PM me your full roster (no more than 2 captains and 14 players in total) and if any clan drops out I will replace them with yours. First come first serve. Also remember the team edits close on the 11th.
Flex
Round Winner

Re: Flex's Fort Cup 2011 - 18th September 2011

Post by Flex »

I've completed a near final configuration file for the tournament. It will only contain the map settings and I will provide the authorities and access levels/chat settings, etc, in the other one soon.

http://khemist.net/resource/flex/fortre ... fcupv2.cfg

If you think something should or shouldn't be in this one or any suggestions or errors you find, please let me know.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Sorry it didn't work out Flex. Good idea and I hope it does next time.

Thanks for your time and effort.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Yeah, maybe it works next time.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

oddeuro wrote:
Date:
Sunday the 11th of September, 2011. 18:00 GMT.
[/url]

I don't get it, did this tournament happen yesterday? What happened?
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

it was moved to a weekend later, but too few teams signed up... "too many sumo tourneys, we want fort!"
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Too few teams signed up? It says the brackets are full... that's why I didn't even consider entering.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

There were teams signed up, just no players. From my understanding, flex set a deadline to have team's rosters on the wiki and only 2(?) teams met that deadline.
Slov wrote:"too many sumo tourneys, we want fort!"
I think this falls on the captains, I would love to try 5v5 fort, or 4 way fortress and I'm sure many other players would too. In sumo tourneys if I want to play, I can sign a team up easy, but in fort your clan/team is supposed to sign you up which didn't happen in this case.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

Well most my teammates don't know if they'll be available to attend a tournament until the week of usually. The way Flex posted it seemed like he wanted confirmed players to be added; that's why I waited to add. Sorry I missed the deadline >_< .
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Flex i dont know if DV can make it. A lot of players have dropped out of the clan leaving us. You can open the slot for another team. Sorry i would have said it earlier but it was just recently.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

-*inS*- wrote:There were teams signed up, just no players. From my understanding, flex set a deadline to have team's rosters on the wiki and only 2(?) teams met that deadline.
Well that's stupid because it stopped genuine teams like ours from even having a chance at registering.

This competition has potential, once a month is not enough competitive fort (for me at least!), hopefully there will be more genuine entries next time.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

dariv wrote:This competition has potential, once a month is not enough competitive fort (for me at least!), hopefully there will be more genuine entries next time.
Yes agreed 100%, more fort is good! I think that world cup tron knockoff is coming up soon :P.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Related: I thought it would be cool to do a Pickup style Fort tournament. One match only for each meet. Quick, easy, and guaranteed to not run late.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Yea sorry it never happened. I PM'ed all the team captains, but none responded or complied. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I allowed each clan/team to have a total of 12 players and maximum 2 captains, enough to add pretty much everybody in your team/clan in order to compensate for no-shows, but only CT and eventually R bothered to add their full roster. Pr3, even if you added yours, I would have only been willing to run after 1 team not at least half.

I canceled because it seemed nobody was interested enough to provide servers or even include their rosters. Originally I wanted a prize for the winner, but that didn't even go to plan, so I felt it was time to call it.

I named it Flex's Fortress Cup, so the name could be changed by a new host/sponsor every season, so someone else can take this on and do it the way they prefer, obviously sticking with the final settings (or there would be no point).