Flex's Fortress Cup (discussion thread)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

oddeuro
On Lightcycle Grid

Flex's Fortress Cup (discussion thread)

Post by oddeuro »

Flex and I are going to host a Fortress Cup with a money reward . We wanted some input from the tron community, regarding whether or not to have an entry fee and the date of the tournament. (details below)

http://speedersclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=971
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=FFCup

Any objections on the entry fee? There's 3 options we've discussed either to
  • a.) have an entry fee of 1.5€ with a reward of 62€ with 8 team slots
    b.) no entry fee but reward reduced to 25 € and anyone can join on a first come / first serve basis
    c.) A qualifying tournament will be held with 16 available spots to decide the top 8 to go onto compete for 50€
Also, is the 25th of September okay for everyone?

Any feedback on tournament is welcome.
Last edited by oddeuro on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Flex's Fortress Cup

Post by syllabear »

So there is there just one "grand prize" available of the total amount, or would it be split between first/second and maybe third/fourth?

And wouldn't there be a fourth option of 16 teams each paying the 1.5 (sorry no euro key) for larger prize money? (Which would allow more of a split between runner-ups, if you chose to do so)

Either way, sounds like an interesting idea :)
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
oddeuro
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by oddeuro »

syllabear wrote:So there is there just one "grand prize" available of the total amount, or would it be split between first/second and maybe third/fourth?

And wouldn't there be a fourth option of 16 teams each paying the 1.5 (sorry no euro key) for larger prize money? (Which would allow more of a split between runner-ups, if you chose to do so)

Either way, sounds like an interesting idea :)
well, prize would be split between the winning team's individual members (or whatever they decide). I think having 16 teams to pay 1.5 each wouldn't be fair because they couldn't be guaranteed stable servers ( hard to even find 4 reliable dedicated servers ) so making them pay (even a small amount) would be a bit unfair.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

The Wiki wrote:All rounds until the finals are first to two, the finals are best of 3 matches
huh?
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

How about we just flip a coin for it. Heads I win, Tails you lose.

Seriously though, I like the idea. uNk is interested, and is willing to pay once you have the info ready.
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

It's more like gambling on some of the ladle servers I've seen.

I don't like the idea, I get frustrated enough playing for free, but it will be interesting to watch.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

i dont think tron need money to be attractive but the idea is not bad , you will need a PERFECT organisation to make it too .

anyways , if it happens , sp is in.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

FoFo wrote:i dont think tron need money to be attractive
This.

I'm not gonna pay an entree fee to potentially win *gasp* €62. If you're gonna do a tournament with a prize, give over €100 to make it worth it.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Also, if there is money involved it would be an awesome gesture if a tiny portion of that was donated to Armagetron. In fact, I would be more likely to participate if it benefited the community that way.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

tron taxes? haha
i like this, the prize starts at 60 euros, i hope by the time i will have to get a job, ill be able to play tron for living :P
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Slov wrote:i hope by the time i will have to get a job, ill be able to play tron for living :P
Can I be a street performer and do mazes?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
oddeuro
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by oddeuro »

PokeMaster wrote:
Slov wrote:i hope by the time i will have to get a job, ill be able to play tron for living :P
Can I be a street performer and do mazes?
sry poke, you've already been appointed as official tax collector for trons. College kids can't maze & do school :<
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

The streets would be full of hungarians, and you wouldn't stand a chance poke :(
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

lol! but titan is right though, when you come to me after 10 - 15 years, all miserable, broke and desperate, ill let you live in my castle.
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

This is all about whether everyone is ok with the date and if they are fine with option A or if they'd rather do B or C. It seems like everyone is OK with the entry fee, and personally I'd prefer it too, considering B and C seems like an alternative, but I wouldn't mind, just it would take more effort and a little longer if option C was chosen. Considering both B and C has no entry fee, as this is all just for fun and not purely about the money, but a reward to add to the excitement.

DDMJ: I removed some lines, and didn't re-read it. Thanks, I'll fix it. 'All rounds until the finals are first to two, the finals are first to three.' Anything else?
vogue wrote:I'm not gonna pay an entree fee to potentially win *gasp* €62.
Good! Hope to not see you there, would be a bit silly if you then showed up, (but not that I'm saying not show up though, in case you think that.)