Ladle 47

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 47

Post by syllabear »

þsy wrote:We must of hit the wall at the exact same time or something, how weird :D
No, i've done that a few times, you both die...
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
animal
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by animal »

þsy wrote:What a crazy ladle!

Finaly, did anyone see my hole against unk? Mkay was grinding me and we drove into fingerbib's defence, and we just kept going! No hole was made, we literally drove through the wall into the defence without anyone dying. We must of hit the wall at the exact same time or something, how weird :D
No I didnt see.

Gz uNk :)
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

þsy wrote:
Finaly, did anyone see my hole against unk? Mkay was grinding me and we drove into fingerbib's defence, and we just kept going! No hole was made, we literally drove through the wall into the defence without anyone dying. We must of hit the wall at the exact same time or something, how weird :D
I don't understand..there was a wall in front of both of you (the defence) and when you went to hole it, you both wallh4x'd right through the wall? O.o
Boxed
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Clutch wrote:
þsy wrote:
I don't understand..there was a wall in front of both of you (the defence) and when you went to hole it, you both wallh4x'd right through the wall? O.o
Yeah no joke, we full on just drove through it. Watch the recordings if there are some, it was insane. It wasn't like I majorly timed out either, as I then died im the zone on someones tail (mostly due to shock)
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

FoFo wrote:gz unk on your first victory , i like you guys and i think you deserved to win a ladle :)

wd to speedhax too who managed to beat unk , cta and tx to reach to the final <3
you forgot to wd the server CT Liv ;)

gz UNK!!!
Signature? wtf...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

þsy wrote:Watch the recordings if there are some...
We all forgot to record in Z-Man's absence. We have no evidence that uNk won. Maybe it's all a dream?!
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

sinewav wrote:
þsy wrote:Watch the recordings if there are some...
We all forgot to record in Z-Man's absence. We have no evidence that uNk won. Maybe it's all a dream?!
If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up :lol:
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Gz unk productions on Inception
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

þsy wrote:
Clutch wrote:
þsy wrote:
Yeah no joke, we full on just drove through it. Watch the recordings if there are some, it was insane. It wasn't like I majorly timed out either, as I then died im the zone on someones tail (mostly due to shock)
Oh now I understand your name, you probably got 70 of speed or something
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

syllabear wrote:thats the way fort has always been dariv.
If there's no other reason, can we vote on it being time based? It sucks when you have fast rounds and then lose like 96-86 because it's the 10th round.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

It sucks when you lose.

Why do we have elimination tourneys? Wouldn't it all be better if nobody got eliminated and everyone got to play until the finals? No losers, all winners.

(I wouldn't mind a limit_time instead of limit_rounds and limit_score, it works great in pickup. However, the current system is awesome (correct me if i'm wrong. just speak up if ladle isn't your favorite fort event) and it allows for great matches. Really great matches. Why would we change that?)

Oh and I too had the opportunity to taste the bitterness of limit_rounds 10 this ladle. Score was like 74-86 against CTb in the first match, and they suicided & thus won the match. That sucked for us, but it was prolly fun for them ;) And it was in no way an unfair victory.

By the way here's a suggestion. How about a new setting that can give the enemy team x points if you suicide (no specific player, just the enemy team). I've always thought that it's unfair that you can die without giving the enemies any points, and it's becoming more and more common with tactical suicides.
Example: Team blue was awarded 2 points because Titanoboa committed suicide. I'm sure one of you can come up with a better wording though, haha.
(And before anyone says it.. No, I don't think score_suicide -2 would have the same effect at all.)
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Yeah this sucked, shame on you CTb! :D

I'm not sure we should change Ladle settings because of that, I agree it's annoying sometimes when enemy dies close to you and you don't get any points, but suicides mostly happen in first 5 seconds and one team already has player advantage because of that, so I don't see any point why they should also get points when someone was killed by lag/slides.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

If you make it time based, with the competitiveness of ladle, you'll get mega time wasting, which will be far more boring than any castle def
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

ppotter wrote:If you make it time based, with the competitiveness of ladle, you'll get mega time wasting, which will be far more boring than any castle def
That's what I was going to suggest, but for this reason I'm going to forget that idea.
pLxDari - Challenge us!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

If I were to change anything, I'd forget about limit_time and remove limit_rounds, making it purely based on score. It's pretty rare for a Ladle match to end on rounds, and there are plenty of matches that go on much too long and never reach 10 rounds, so, raising the round limit won't positively mean longer Ladles. In fact, raising the number of rounds creates more opportunities for exciting comebacks, which we can all agree is a good thing. And of course, making limit_score the only way to victory immediately eliminates team suicides.