Ladle 44

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 44

Post by DDMJ »

apparition wrote:I defended for CTz and didn't really expect such an aggressive attack (rare in Ladle now, I think) - as evidenced by the first 4 or 5 rounds of getting utterly dumped on.
I haven't been around enough lately to notice this apparent decline in aggressive attacking, although your observation seems rational since defenses continue to become harder to break due to safer techniques and better sweepers.

On a side note: It was a great feeling to not have to worry that much about center attacks, which, in my opinion, are becoming an obsolete tactic (thank god).
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Gratz TX, you played excellent game against CTz (we sucked a bit too :)) with some very agressive and effective fortplay. Overall it was another nice Ladle, although CT should've done better :(
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Wow tx, just wow. You guys were a real powerhouse, and we all felt it. It kind of scares me to hear that your defense was so hard to crack, because your attackers were absolutely just destroying us. You guys doubleteamed me so f'ing much, it was actually a huge challenge just staying alive. I told raph this, and I'm completely serious when I say that my going inside luffy for a double defense was more to hide from you guys than to actually provide a double def. Jebus.

And to unk: you guys were really really good too. Any other ladle, and you guys would have had a great shot at winning it.

Also, great matches with sa and Tu. You guys really took us by surprise. Tu: holing our pos 2 wingman for a center attack nearly every round was a really interesting (and good) strategy; it gave us tons of problems. And sa: some of you just need to learn to die more quickly (*cough* Eber *cough*).

And also, thank you so much to the organizers of the ladle and to everybody who worked on it. You all were great as always (it's coming to be expected...maybe you should stop spoiling us...) and it's much, much appreciated.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY! :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Just saying poke, unk did that to pru last year.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

By "that," I assume you mean holing the wingman? Ahh, cool.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

yes.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

gm's Open team and R.

R the 5 of you played really well waiting for Lacka to show up and we made too many stupid mistakes to take advantage of the extra player. And you capitalized on our mistakes. Well done R.

And gz to TX.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:By "that," I assume you mean holing the wingman? Ahh, cool.
I invented that.
garisimo
Average Program

Post by garisimo »

As hard as it is to play together with random ppl...one day the Open Team will win it
all this praise is proof of a well organized event
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Gm's everyone & as previously said extra thanks to devs, organisers & admins this time considering
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Lackadaisical wrote:Grats tx! Don´t know about your attack, but definitely some of the best sweeping since the fofo/flex domination of last year.

Also some bigups to sa, who managed to gave us quite a run for our money with only five players most of the time, and also to tu for a nervebreaking third match.
yeah sweep was very nice.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

DDMJ wrote:
apparition wrote:I defended for CTz and didn't really expect such an aggressive attack (rare in Ladle now, I think) - as evidenced by the first 4 or 5 rounds of getting utterly dumped on.
I haven't been around enough lately to notice this apparent decline in aggressive attacking, although your observation seems rational since defenses continue to become harder to break due to safer techniques and better sweepers.

On a side note: It was a great feeling to not have to worry that much about center attacks, which, in my opinion, are becoming an obsolete tactic (thank god).
You were there when the trend became holing > aggressive attack weren't you?
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

DDMJ wrote:On a side note: It was a great feeling to not have to worry that much about center attacks, which, in my opinion, are becoming an obsolete tactic (thank god).
Not at all :( it was just too laggy to try :(
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

apparition wrote:
DDMJ wrote:

You were there when the trend became holing > aggressive attack weren't you?
I honestly don't know :?