Explosions in recordings

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Have them enabled?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes! Fireworks, wooo!
56%
No! They block the view on how awesome I play!
44%

Total votes: 25

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Explosions in recordings

Post by Z-Man »

As per title, new question for the recordings. This one can't be tweaked locally without the risk of breaking the recording, as explosions are game objects that are either there or not and that influences the timestep order, which shouldn't break things on a client too badly, but may anyway.

Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Explosions in recordings

Post by Slov »

*ashamed*
Last edited by Slov on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho

Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Z-Man wrote:This one can't be tweaked locally without the risk of breaking the recording
Way to read slov :)

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I've been playing with explosions off for a several months now because they can get in the way, but I do turn them on for some game modes because fireworks are awesome! I personally think, since it's a recording, explosions wouldn't affect the average person's viewing enjoyment. But I guess if you are using recordings for tactical analysis, then they could be annoying. I voted no, but I'm not to committed to my decision.

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hah. Turns out I was thinking bullshit. Of course, the explosion setting doesn't disable the game object creation. The explosion game object is also responsible for the sound and making the hole, throwing away the whole object would also kill those. So: Disregard, ignore the vote, this can be treated like the other settings.

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ow, ow, ow. Double bullshit alert. What I said above is true. However, it turns out that settings from local configuration files are completely ignored on playback UNLESS the corresponding settings are hardcoded to be ignored from the recording (such as the regular graphical settings). So no, no easy way to just use your local defaults. The poll is valid (though it's a preference thing, you'll still be able to edit the recording and tweak it).

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Z-Man stop failing! :D Please no explosions :(