Ladles

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

3B3B3B
On Lightcycle Grid

Ladles

Post by 3B3B3B »

Hello everybody ! :roll:

is it possible to reschedule ladles at 19.00gmt cause i finish work at 18.30gmt every sunday ??
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladles

Post by Slov »

i think finding another job would be easier than rescheduling a tron competition.. :P xD
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

You can put it to the vote, but I'm pretty sure most people aren't going to be swayed by one person, who can still just join in 15 minutes into the first round.

Your team can even stall till about 10 too or 5 too, so you would only be losing 5-10 minutes anyway
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

I'd be willing to change it. That'd help my shedule with juggling tron, church, and family too :P.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
Rudycantfail
Average Program

Post by Rudycantfail »

Slov wrote:i think finding another job would be easier than rescheduling a tron competition.. :P xD
bahahaha, true
-Just another fortress nerd.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Against it.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

sinewav wrote:We're not voting on a time change. Sorry Fini. If you were a hardcore tronner, you would revolve your life around it like the rest of us.
Hoax wrote:needs to be one hour later if anything
There's a good reason why ladle has been scheduled to this time; it's the perfect time for americans and europeans. It's already quite early for americans.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

As an American I would rather have it earlier than In The middle of my day
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Magic wrote:As an American I would rather have it earlier than In The middle of my day
:!:
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I wouldn't, and Durka Definitely wouldn't
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

When I saw this topic, I misread its title as "Ladies" 8)

And we've discussed this quite a bit 3B and the conclusion was keep it the way it is.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

did you see what you just asked..? move an entire tournament because you won't be in time for it? yeah no
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I have another issue relating to ladles, and since this topic is pretty aptly named, I think I'll just bang it in here.

I think that a little banter now and then is pretty harmless, and infact a good bit of fun. Maybe a lot of banter sometimes, depending on what mood I'm in.

But outright rudness is pretty disgusting, especially if its just because its against one team that certain people don't like (probably because of jealousy in this case, but thats purely speculation), and I think this has no place in ladles, and it just ruins the replays for me, and probably any other Tu who wants to watch the recordings, or anyone who just wants to see an honest match, where the competitors were completely civil.

The kind of thing I am talking about is present THROUGHOUT both matches Tu won last ladle (vs ID2 and pru), mainly from a few individuals, however many spectators were participating at some point (although the odd comment I have no problem with, it is still encouraging it sometimes).

Here is an example, and it is not taken out of context. Both players were infact agreeing with the initial statement

Now, I don't know whether we can just ask all spectators and players to behave themselves, or whether we need a moderator to be present at all times to either silence or kick, perhaps even ban such spectators.

And note, its not just from non contendors, but even players from other matches come in and make rude remarks, not just about tactics, but about players themselves, and I find this disturbing. Perhaps we can start to think about ladle bans for such offences (after warnings of course)?

I know I'm no saint, but I don't think I've ever made excessive fun about someone behind their back in such a way, and if I have, I apologise, it wasn't meant in harm, as this likely was.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

oh like in that one TST final when you were being so nice in spectator...? :roll:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

syllabear wrote:...outright rudness is pretty disgusting...and it just ruins the replays for me...
Well, you do have a point about the recordings. And spectators do get silenced and kicked for spamming and fighting occasionally. But it's one thing to ruin it for the players while the match is going, and a whole 'nother thing to hurt their feeling after the match. I don't think there is much that can be done at this point.

I wonder, since many people use IRC, if it wouldn't be a crazy idea to remove chat from spectators completely and prod them to use #armagetron.tourneys instead? Can a legitimate player in spec still get a message to his team?