Ladle 43

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Ladle 43

Post by kyle »

and the auth file is there

thanks sine
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

yeah but the thing is now we have kind of more equals teams and we wanted to fight at least in semis, if not finals :( bad luck there

@sine: yeah :(
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

The R kansas server is quite bad quality for europeans, so it probably shouldn't be used at all. If it has to be used, please take it out as soon as possible.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

dariv: If you see this, sign up SA next ladle. :)
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

i noticed some time before yet forgot to post it;

where did the 'past ladle' section go?!

ktnx and here's a snail for you! :snail:
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Pre
Average Program

Post by Pre »

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Concord renamed the headings a while ago. That's why Rules/Regulations is now "Operations" Makes sense I guess.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

sinewav wrote:Brackets are up.

Notice! There were no servers listed on the Challenge Board. I've since moved the previous ones out of the commented area back into the wiki section. I do not know the current status of any of these servers, so please check and make sure they are both running and up to date.

:) Good luck everyone.
Where are the server logs from the randomisation? I've checked in the logs and can't seem to find them, so I'm probably being really stupid lol
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

PokeMaster wrote:The R kansas server is quite bad quality for europeans, so it probably shouldn't be used at all. If it has to be used, please take it out as soon as possible.
bump @ ladle enthusiasts
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:
PokeMaster wrote:The R kansas server is quite bad quality for europeans, so it probably shouldn't be used at all. If it has to be used, please take it out as soon as possible.
bump @ ladle enthusiasts
I don't think it's fair to switch out servers after the brackets are made unless there is an emergency. Also, there are no other servers to use. Ani should only have one server listed for Ladle since they are on the same machine, and the Velocity server is unconfirmed. Actually, they are all unconfirmed except for ~R~Kansas, because Titanoboa was in IRC when I made brackets! No one added servers for this month's Ladle so I used the previous month's. Besides, any server listed is a "good" server. If you don't feel comfortable donating a server, don't list it.
syllabear wrote:Where are the server logs from the randomisation? I've checked in the logs and can't seem to find them, so I'm probably being really stupid lol
I have no idea where the logs are even kept! Please tell me and I'll help you find it. I did most of the hard work, Titanoboa witnessed the server placement and randomization, and made the brackets more attractive by moving the bye'd teams forward and using the team's full names instead of my abbreviations. We used !Frobot to randomize since .Tronner has apparently gotten sick of us and left.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Ladle/Operations wrote:Ladle Enthusiasts meet up on the official #Armagetron IRC channel sometime between 17:00 and 20:00 GMT the Thursday prior to the Ladle to determine the brackets. Once on the IRC channel, one enthusiast will fill in the servers to play on, following these procedures
And the logs should be found here
ps I'm not tokoyami
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

syllabear wrote: And the logs should be found here
tronner is down for a while now. So this logs dont get updated atm.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

syllabear wrote:And the logs should be found here
Yep, that log is definitely incomplete. The last entry is on March 3rd at 15:11 GMT...

Code: Select all

2011-02-03T15:11:14 *** theroze <[email protected]> has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
...and the brackets would have been filled around 19:00 GMT or later. Maybe it will show up in a few days? I don't know what that page is or how it works.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

That looks like 3rd of febuary to me (after figuring out that confusing backwards timing)
ps I'm not tokoyami
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

syllabear wrote:That looks like 3rd of febuary to me (after figuring out that confusing backwards timing)
Yup. It's actually the least confusing date/time format out there though. Just gotta get used to it.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn