Loose Dogfight Tournament (LDFT)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ZiNgEr
On Lightcycle Grid

Loose Dogfight Tournament (LDFT)

Post by ZiNgEr »

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... Tournament

This is a 1v1 df tourney single elimination

The Tournament is on January 8th, 2011

(Also this is my first time creating a wiki page/hosting a tourney so if there are any suggestions on how i could improve the way i do things let me know. But plz be nice about it)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Loose Dogfight Tournament (LDFT)

Post by sinewav »

Looks good man. Instead of listing the settings like you have, maybe you can include an official configuration for server administrators to download or RINCLUDE. And when you say list your "@forums", what you mean to say is list your Global ID -- unless you only want members of this forum to join. You can take some hints on running a tournament by reviewing the Ladle pages; since it's the most successful tournament in Armagetron to date.

:) Good luck, and I hope it is a success.
Fini
Core Dumper

Post by Fini »

What happens if someone dig to kill the opponent (accidentaly). ?
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Oooo is it time for Slick to come back to DF after like a year off and show the newbies who's boss? ;)
ZiNgEr
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ZiNgEr »

Fini wrote:What happens if someone dig to kill the opponent (accidentaly). ?
Thats one reason I'm making it so the palyers do the score manually. So they can just nc it if the trap isnt clean.

Also I'm still adding stuff to it like the Ref section, Added it to the competition hub, i still gotta put it on calander. Still a few kinks to sort out but I'm learning as i go. I have never doen anything like this so I'm winging it and hopeing that it isnt a disaster
elysia
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by elysia »

I thought DF was dead?
Oh, sorry all the good dfers are..
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

elysia wrote:I thought DF was dead?
Oh, sorry all the good dfers are..
Lol true.
Fini
Core Dumper

Post by Fini »

haha time to back to loose times... :)

I'll sign up, gl all! =D
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Fini wrote:What happens if someone dig to kill the opponent (accidentaly). ?
You just do what the 'open et al' players do: Just say "sry" or "soz" or "mb." It doesn't even have to be accidental, especially if you're in with the right crew.

Really, Zinger, you guys should actually implement the settings Z-Man went to the trouble to put in that enforce open play, especially for some competition you're wanting to make "official/legitimate."
ZiNgEr
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ZiNgEr »

Phytotron wrote: Just say "sry" or "soz" or "mb." It doesn't even have to be accidental, especially if you're in with the right crew.
Dude accept that Dogfight has changed. Rubber has gone up yes. Traps have gotten more complex (a little tighter) and it makes many fights more intense. I am using the settings of the average loose server.

Become active in df. Know whats going on in the community before you go criticizing.

Also people don't always only say sorry or my bad. There are still quite a few df'ers that will let people out if they stab, plug, or dig. If the escaper dies there are still many who will give the point back by suiciding (Including me).

The reason I am doing manual score is so that if someone dies on a illegal trap then they can just not count it, and it's like it never happened.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

ZiNgEr wrote:
Phytotron wrote: Just say "sry" or "soz" or "mb." It doesn't even have to be accidental, especially if you're in with the right crew.
Dude accept that Dogfight has changed. Rubber has gone up yes. Traps have gotten more complex (a little tighter) and it makes many fights more intense. I am using the settings of the average loose server.

Become active in df. Know whats going on in the community before you go criticizing.

Also people don't always only say sorry or my bad. There are still quite a few df'ers that will let people out if they stab, plug, or dig. If the escaper dies there are still many who will give the point back by suiciding (Including me).

The reason I am doing manual score is so that if someone dies on a illegal trap then they can just not count it, and it's like it never happened.
wd good point gz gm.
You seem to have grown a lot Zinger, i'll come visit u in DF sometime ;)
ZiNgEr
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ZiNgEr »

Slick you should deffinatly start df'ing again.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

:P I might come in a couple times if I see some solid players just to keep u guys on ur toes
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ZiNgEr wrote:Dude accept that Dogfight has changed....
I have no idea what you're talking about in that comment, or its relevance. I've never supported any sort of "open" play (whether you want to call it Dogfight or whatever other silly name), nevermind harkening back to some better way of doing it. You obviously missed my point and joke, not surprising given the completely alternate, bizarro sort of logic that's in the heads of open/loose/DF/whatever players. Nevermind.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

I am banned from many df servers ... specially "loose". Hope this wont affect anything ;)