Ladle 41

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Ladle 41

Post by Z-Man »

nara: Ah. You were there as "uNk's #1 fan" when I kicked you. My apologies, but that was neither wearing the proper team tag nor your proper name nor did you play earlier on my server (only after the match had ended) and there were a million other players wearing the .uNk tag (not all of them registered, of course), so I was assuming you were just a cheering spectator.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Haven't seen the final yet, but gratz teen, liz, g5, spin and eckz :D
Was fun playing against you, although we could do better in 2nd match.

Cu next Ladle
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but there should really be a rule saying that if a certain round (of matches) exceeds 1 hour of continuous gameplay, there should be at least a 10 minute break or something to regain composure/feeling in your fingers. I felt as though we were rushed into our match vs. R after having battled CT for about an hour and 20 minutes (IIRC). We completely blew the first match and then utterly destroyed them the second match before getting harpwnd again in the third. I'm not saying this as an excuse, just as observatory criticism for the good of the game.
Matoso
Average Program

Post by Matoso »

gz gm
Albert Einstein wrote:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Durka, did you ask for a little break at least? I can't imagine CT saying no to that.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

We asked for a break after the ct match, but R said that we were behind schedule and started the match a few minutes later.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

congrats!! :D :mrgreen:
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

gawdzilla wrote:Why does it have to be in a EU server? I chose to stay in the USA one for my teammates. Stop being so butthurt, please.

Thank you to the people who actually simply congratulated us and left it at that, its appreciated.
oh yes sorry, my apologies....

gz teen!!!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

DDMJ wrote:...there should be at least a 10 minute break or something to regain composure/feeling in your fingers.
That rule already exists, kind of.
[url=http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=Ladle/Operations#Rules_for_players]Rules for Players[/url] #10 wrote:Regarding times, if an opponent team has not shown up on time and the opponent team is not currently engaged in an earlier scheduled match, then the match can begin even if the opponent team is not full strength. A team can decide to give the opponent team a maximum of 10 minutes to prepare themselves. A forfeit is considered a bye. After the opening rounds, players may take no longer than 10 minutes between finals to organize themselves for the next match.
You have a 10 minute window. We can extend it to 15, but we risk even longer Ladle days, especially if we see larger brackets more often.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Instead of "a team can decide to give the opponent team a maximum of 10 minutes" isn't it supposed to be "A team gets a break of maximum of 10 minutes between games."?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

owned wrote:Instead of "a team can decide to give the opponent team a maximum of 10 minutes" isn't it supposed to be "A team gets a break of maximum of 10 minutes between games."?
That's just for the opening rounds. I shouldn't have included that in my quote. The italicised part it relevant.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Z-Man wrote:nara: Ah. You were there as "uNk's #1 fan" when I kicked you. My apologies, but that was neither wearing the proper team tag nor your proper name nor did you play earlier on my server (only after the match had ended) and there were a million other players wearing the .uNk tag (not all of them registered, of course), so I was assuming you were just a cheering spectator.
Apology accepted.
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

DDMJ wrote:Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but there should really be a rule saying that if a certain round (of matches) exceeds 1 hour of continuous gameplay, there should be at least a 10 minute break or something to regain composure/feeling in your fingers. I felt as though we were rushed into our match vs. R after having battled CT for about an hour and 20 minutes (IIRC). We completely blew the first match and then utterly destroyed them the second match before getting harpwnd again in the third. I'm not saying this as an excuse, just as observatory criticism for the good of the game.
You are old that's why :P
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I believe (if my memory serves me right), I gave Tx about 6 minutes between the matches. (:59 when i checked the clock, and i said "okay start at 5 after the hour"). My bad if that wasn't enough time. In the future I'll make sure to grant teams more time if they request. It was just more about keeping the ladle on schedule than trying to rush you guys.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Z-Man, I'm trying to watch the finals recording but once you press the finals server, it says "server is full" and then nothing happens.