Ladle 40 predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Olive
Match Winner

Ladle 40 predictions

Post by Olive »

Am I fast?

Yes I'm fast.

Powerrankings again for me next time, and gl/wd in advance for all the other predauthors.

Dont pay too much attention to the ranks. The explanations are, in my eyes, of more value.

1. R
Some might think my decision comes from bias, or my love for R, which are indissolubly connected. Somewhat blessed with the brackets they take a heavy blow with lackadaisicals absent, who is defined as one of the best forters all time. The rest of the base contains the succes team from ladle 38, and no one can doubt their growth individually and as a team. Individually carrying a new-skewl mind, as a team sharing an old-skewl thought. Personally I blame the intoxication of ladle 38 win as a cause to their last loss, but they're back, more focussed than ever and determined to win.

2. CTA
The unquestionable runner-up, armed with a great arsenal of skillful players. Woned will, as always, be a pain in the ass, as his center attacks penetrate all defenses. CT will probably follow the new-classic approach, attack the enemy base and defend your own. It has payed off, as the toughest and sharpest team usually turns out strongest. CT is tough and sharp, but lacks new tactics. CT is the laidback team that reacts on other team's change of strategy, taking no initiative means taking no risks, it has payed off in the past. Every time a team reigns the constant factor CT is there to kick 'em off the throne. Adaption above inspiration, a huge succes or epic failure.

3. unk
Carried by players, not the team. Unk knows when and where to act and react, but lacks formal leadership, being their main reason for succes and failure. Each team member is offered the chance to rise to a greater level, hence grow rapidly and rule their part of the grid. They know how to win, but there are more roads to Rome, and one must beware his route does not clash with a teammate's one.

4. Oracle
With a strong debut in ladle 39 they added some top-notch players to their roster. Undoubtedly very eager to win, maybe too eager. Nothing to lose yet afraid of losing. I always applaud a new formation of players, a new mix of ingredients for a surprising taste. Hopefully for oracle they keep their seed, allowing them to grow and return stronger than ever in ladle 41. This however, will not be their goal. They are capable of winning, if spook and godzilla get along, that is.

5. pRu
I like traditions, and though they appear on the roster fully-capitalized, I stick to the old way. Word will be optimistic as always, still clinging to that one clanwar where pru beat tx. The other members however will be realistic. I always envied hamar's skill, hopefully word knows where to distribute it. I sincerely hope pRu pulls off a stunt, as it will benefit the clan, continuing to be a breeding-ground for young players. I hate the fact that the tag acts like a burden. Everyone saying pRu won't make it past the first round won't boost their morale.

5. TX
No one can deny TX has strong players. Strangely the team that had been winning many ladles a year ago has decreased in strength that much. Almost every single member has flourished in another team or on another competition, but their team hasn't reached far up the brackets since some ladles.

@Durka , r u st00pid? Rally ur minions 2geddur and grab that magniflorious trofee.

6. DA
Even though 1200 has put a lot of effort to make the team name look slim on the challenge board, they never train together. A lack of training didnt seem a problem with 'the freelancers', yet DA would be so much tighter if they spend a little 20 minutes together on the grid each week. Teen and 1200 have been constant factors on the grid for a long time, they might carry their team past the semi's, but certainly won't win the finals.

7. SP
The only reason I put them 7 is because I simply forgot them, and I cba to rearrange the last teams. j/k SP always finds a moment to practice and has the most failproof communication system ever. The largest reason for their previous succes was innovation, which they currently lack. SP's strength is to act, not to react, and their reaction to R & CT certainly won't be strong enough.

8. CTB
I always rate B teams low because they are B teams. In my opinion, any A<B, B teams will always have to cycle through the shadow of the A team. Knowing they probably lose to the A team is a mental blockade which simply cant be crushed or avoided. BBBBBBBBB, I hate B teams, they never ever win...

9. ID
ID has somehow impressed me. <3

10. TU
lack of inspiration,

gl sylla.

11. DS
no inspiration,

12. uNa
A team defining theirselves as noobs mustn't be good.

13. OT
Random AshitakA is random, not skilled enough to win a ladle.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 40 predictions

Post by Slov »

neat :mrgreen: you got two number 5s tho
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

they are equal in strength :roll:
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

Olive wrote:Am I fast?

Yes I'm fast.

8. CTB
I always rate B teams low because they are B teams. In my opinion, any A<B, B teams will always have to cycle through the shadow of the A team. Knowing they probably lose to the A team is a mental blockade which simply cant be crushed or avoided. BBBBBBBBB, I hate B teams, they never ever win...
Dont underestimate Ct A, olive :D
Signature? wtf...
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Olive wrote:they are equal in strength :roll:
oh, so you put them in order from best-worse? why is R higher than SP then? :$ :o
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

because R won the last ladle and SP got beaten by Oracle
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

gawdzilla wrote:because R won the last ladle and SP got beaten by Oracle
false!

Cta won last ladle.

R won Ladle 39.
Signature? wtf...
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Lol. I always find it funny when someone corrects someone but then makes a mistake themself :)
Cronix wrote:R won Ladle 39.
R won Ladle 38 :P
Your first part is still right though.
Last edited by owned on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Here's the outcome for ladle 40, for those of you who just can't wait until sunday :D

***spoiler alert*** :P

Opening Round

Crazy Tronners Alpha - ~bye~2
One of the least interesting matchups to be honest. CTa's only easy win this ladle! 2-0

Open Team - Crazy Tronners Beta
The only B-team this ladle, but one of the most solid B-teams I've seen, with names such as K-yo, orly, emphasis, arks, etc. and the younger cr0nix, wanting to prove himself to the bunch. Needless to say, CTb will walk all over Open Team for a quick 0-2.

Immortal Dynasty - PRU
Both teams have been rather weak in the past, but they're both on an up-swing. They'll both enter this match with high ambitions, and PRU will win the first match with effective holing and a structured team. But as the rounds go by, ID will adjust to PRU's nifty tactics and by the end their patience will last longer than PRU's. 1-1 quickly becomes 2-1 as PRU loses focus and motivation.

Tronners Unlimited - Team.uNk
Team.uNk are here to win, and they won't let Tu stop them. 0-2

º¦Oracle - Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
From what I've seen, Twixted Xats are lacking motivation as well as activity, and they'll have to surprise me to beat Oracle this ladle. Ironically, that's exactly what I think they'll do. Oracle will try to put up a fight, but things go Tx' way and they won't really give Oracle a chance to defend their seed. 0-2

DarkSyndicate - dRµG ådD¡k†z
I'm not sure that all the drug addicts will show up on time, but even so they won't let DS stand in the way. They'd win 4 against 6 if they had to. 0-2

Speeders - The United Noobs of Armagetron
Speeders have chosen to focus all their power on one team this ladle, and regardless of what 6 players they line up in this match, they'll beat uNa rather easily. 2-0

Survivors - Rogue Tronners
They won't survive for long. 0-2

Quarter Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha - Crazy Tronners Beta
I'm convinced that these will be two great matches, and even if it'll seem rather one-sided on the scoreboard, it won't be all too easy for CTa to pull through against the experienced CTb. CTa are still stronger though. 2-0

Immortal Dynasty - Team.uNk
Team.uNk are here to win, and they won't let ID stop them. 0-2

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats - dRµG ådD¡k†z
Drug Addicts will have to adjust their split for raph not to completely molest them this match. He's become a great center player lately, and his successful center attacks will spread some good vibes within the team. 2-0

Speeders - Rogue Tronners
Speeders as I know it is a very solid team that wants to control the entire grid when they play, forcing the enemy team to react to what they do. But what happens when the enemy claims momentum? R will manage to take an early lead, and SP won't quite catch up. This will be a great match, and if R doesn't manage to get 0-2, there's a chance SP will pull through for a close 3rd match, with both teams on 90+ points. It's a nightmare to be up against SP in that situation. I hope it won't happen this ladle, for my own heart's sake :)

Semi Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha - Team Unknown
This match will be remembered for a long time, by both uNk players and CT's. CT will have to make some substitutions, and this will benefit uNk who will manage to claim momentum against CT (easier said than done! trust me). Once CT realizes that Woned's edge as center has been more or less neutralized, they start losing their spirit. uNk's holing practice will come in handy this match. 1-2

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats - Rogue Tronners
_~R~_ R still hyped up from the tense match against SP, while Tx are a bit more relaxed. I think Tx still underestimates most opponents a little too much, and since R is relatively new, Tx might just take them too lightly. It will, however, without doubt be two close matches with a lot of intense zone action. _~R~_ will pull through. 0-2

FINALS

Team.uNk - Rogue Tronners
Most wouldn't predict this matchup in the ladle 40 final. Most are wrong this time though. uNk and R have more or less become rivals over the past few months, and they're both trying to develop their own game independent from the other clans. _~R~_ will be coming from two intense matches vs. SP and Tx, but uNk just had to deal with CTa. So when two equally skilled teams are equally tired, experience will kick in. _~R~_ has more experience in ladle finals, and this will determine the outcome.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

owned wrote:Lol. I always find it funny when someone corrects someone but then makes a mistake themself :)
Cronix wrote:R won Ladle 39.
R won Ladle 38 :P
Your first part is still right though.
rawr... i cant count!!! so now its out...
Titanoboa wrote:The only B-team this ladle, but one of the most solid B-teams I've seen, with names such as K-yo, orly, emphasis, arks, etc. and the younger cr0nix, wanting to prove himself to the bunch
I like how you say... the younger cronix :P
Signature? wtf...
dariv
Round Winner

Post by dariv »

Survivors v Rogue Tronners: 2-1 :twisted:
pLxDari - Challenge us!
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Tu over unk. Every day.

Nice predictions guys.
BTD
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BTD »

Round 1

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs ~bye~2
CT is here to win. 2-0

Open Team vs Crazy Tronners Beta
CTb simply has a much more experienced and skilled players, Open Team won't be able to stand a chance. 0-2

Immortal Dynasty vs PRU
Both ID and PRU holding some skilled players, this will be an interesting match. This can go both ways just depends on which team starts to make more mistakes. 2-1

Tronners Unlimited vs UNK
Tu is lacking strong team work, which UNK holds and not to mention UNK also outplaying Tu in individual skill. As things start to fall apart for Tu, the worst they will play. 0-2

Oracle vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats
For me this will be an interesting match. Oracle being a new clan and having a great showing in Ladle 39 are filled with energy and are eager to win. On the other hand Tx hasn't had the strongest showing in the last couple of ladles. Both teams are going to play eagerly to move on. I'd say this will be the highlight of the opening round. 2-1

DarkSyndicate vs dRµG ådD¡k†z
In all honesty I am clueless to what DS has in store or what they are truly capable of. But from what I can see for previous ladles they won't stand a chance to the DA's, who won't have great team work but will out skill DS 1 on 1. 0-2

Speeders vs The United Noobs of Armagetron
Speeders not having the showing they were expecting last ladle, are coming out with only one team and motivated to play their best and win. UNA on the other hand has gone quite inactive and surely won't stand a chance against SP. 2-0

Survivors vs Rouge Tronners
Survivors being a late addition to the brackets, is a team who already has doubts of having a full maned team show up. Then theres _~R~_ who are coming from previous ladle finals ready to play. This will be quick 2 matches for R. 0-2

Quarter Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs Crazy Tronners Beta
I want to watch this!! Probably one of the most exciting matches of ladle 40. Both teams holding experienced and skilled players, but in the end CTa is stronger. 2-0

Immortal Dynasty vs UNK
ID will be coming from tiring matches with PRU and won't be ready for UNK. UNK will blow ID out and take the win. 0-2

Oracle vs dRµG ådD¡k†z
Oracle is holding 2 previous assets of the DA's. Oracle will take full advantage of them and fight for 2 winning matches. 2-0

Speeders vs Rouge Tronners
Ah yes, yet another exciting match. Both strong teams holding strong and experience players. Both wanting to stand back up on the podium. Going with a gut instinct, SP wants to win more then ever and will fight harder then ever to win. Being 3 very close matches SP barely slides a win. 2-1

Semi Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs UNK
UNK getting yet another step closer to the finals can smell victory. But then theres CTa, Ladle 39 winner standing in the way. UNK will throw there best strategies forward but CTa will continue to play strong basic fort while always adjusting to what UNK throws. 2-1

Oracle vs Speeders
Hmm. Who wants it more? SP or Oracle? Both teams want to stand with the Gold medal this time, Oracle wanting to be that new clan that won ladle in there second month and SP a team who lost to Oracle last ladle. SP will come out with full force as will Oracle. Ultimately SP's experience, communication and team work will get them through.
1-2

Finals

Crazy Tronners Alpha vs Speeders
Oh yes. Its the classic CT vs SP match up. CT not meeting with SP since Ladle 37 wont know what to expect and neither will SP. This will be your intense high 90+ scoring matches but CT will do what they do best and pull through 3 tiring matches with SP. 2-1

But to all GL HF. :)
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

disappointed on you titan!
radian
Core Dumper

Post by radian »

its a good job none of you are bookmakers

WANTED-------> INSPIRATION