Ladle 40

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

theroze
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 40

Post by theroze »

Or lets just make something which lets you talk in public 3 times while being spectator. The silence lasts for 5 (+/-) minutes, and unsilences you again. If this happens again, this lasts for 20 minutes. We could archive it and look for those people conspicuous.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Z-Man wrote:
Olive wrote:Is there a possible way to maintain the /msg when ur silenced?
You still can message teammates/other spectators. If no admin is there to unsilence you, there should be someone willing to speak up and get you invited.
WRONG

A player who is ingame (not spectating) can /msg anyone and /team, but cannot talk in public.

A spectator who is silenced cannot /team or /msg anyone in game, but can /msg other specs (and obviously cannot talk in public or /shout)
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

-*inS*- wrote:
INW wrote:
-*inS*- wrote:But wait, did you play? I strangely didn't see you at all - oh must've been sweeping :oops:, come back I miss you!
She was at pos 1. Me and her holed u a bunch? Her and me got by fofo and flex a few times then i holed and she then messed up ur def a few times? O well, must have been too busy watching your own players while you were dead. ;)
Wait by mess up my defense do you mean me suiciding when it is 6v1 and all 6 of you are at your base? :lol:
why are you so mad that our strategy beat yours
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

INW wrote:
Z-Man wrote:We should get to an official consensus about how much public talk should be tolerated from spectators. Is between rounds OK? Or just between matches? Or none at all, bar "invite me!" cries from registered players?
I don't think any public chat should be allowed by spectators even between rounds or matches.
Although I understand what you're saying INW, your sensitivity to other people chatting shouldn't become other people's problem. Only Admins should have the ability to silence people when necessary, but is there ever a real time for that? I think sine.wav's suggestion of the default setting makes sense. That way /silence can't be used to take out aggression or even to insult anyone.

Should it be a personal responsibility to silence people locally? Does it take too long to silence people? Maybe what could help is the creation of an ENABLE_CHAT 0 for non-players and players on the other team. Or a catch-all to silence anyone not on your team?

ENABLE_CHAT_SPEC 0
ENABLE_CHAT_TEAM_1 0

Team Leaders probably wouldn't want to use this so they can see when a member of their team needs to be invited. Same reason they shouldn't use ENABLE_CHAT 0.

EDIT: Changed tone of writing :)
Last edited by apparition on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

or maybe people need to grow up and realise that one word every once in a while between rounds will not affect your play ability UNLESS you make something of it!
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

gawdzilla wrote: why are you so mad that our strategy beat yours
I'm not mad, just explained why we had a hard time holing.

you seemed pretty heated in sumo today though Image
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Imma Let You Finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

PokeMaster wrote:Gz. CT. I didn't watch you guys play at all, but I'm not surprised you won. I would rate you guys the #1 team in fortress right now.

Gz to SP too in our match. Your guys' holing technique is near flawless, and ruins us every time.

lol that's funny cuz I think our holing sucks balls and hurts us more than helps us win matches =(
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

Z-Man wrote:That was just K-Yo being confused about/experimenting with access levels, I think:

Code: Select all

[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been promoted to "Team Member" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been demoted to "Authenticated" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been promoted to "OP-ed-5" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been demoted to "Authenticated" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been promoted to "Shunned" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been promoted to "Fallen from Grace" by order of K-Yo@forums.
[14] Puuquie@ct/senior has been promoted to "Team Member" by order of K-Yo@forums.
Also note how the joke (if it was one) ends at "Team Member" level, not "regain own privileges taken away by humorless server owner and start over again". There is a well documented and accepted way to joke with admin commands: put a space before the /. Lol, " /admin KILL K-Yo".

This made me LOL. Nice one k-yo
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Is it too soon to start a ladle 41 topic? After all the challenge board has been cleared, with appropriate seeding.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

It's never too soon to start a new topic. Just update the challenge board and put in the appropriate seeds before you do.

Edit: Just realized that someone did that already. Start a topic if you want mkay.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I didn't look at who reset the brackets and moved all the Ladle 40 stuff to history, but I updated the blurb :)
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

syllabear wrote:or maybe people need to grow up and realise that one word every once in a while between rounds will not affect your play ability UNLESS you make something of it!
I was under the impression that some playful banter was part of the game. I know that chatting with my opponents was part of the fun of some of the best Ladle matches I played in, at least for me.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

opponents yes, specs no
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Desolate wrote:I didn't look at who reset the brackets and moved all the Ladle 40 stuff to history, but I updated the blurb :)
I wasn't sure about date of next Ladle so I left the blurb alone. Thanks for updating it :)