Fortress Cafe Tournament

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Fortress Cafe Tournament

Post by Desolate »

We have Ct liv and Ct usa signed up already.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

there's ct sto too, and i think we have another one called joy?
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Updated the config RINCLUDE & added authorities (all teamleaders & made Desolate admin just in case).

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... nt#Servers

Put up _~R~_Kansas (tested it briefly 8v8 today, works well, feels like a normal good US server)
and _~R~_ Paris server..... max_clients can't go over 16 and it probably can't handle 8v8 fort............. only use if super super super super-needed. reserve of the reserves. god the idea? =P

thx animuson for hosting rincludes!

(hehehe _~R~_include. ftw)
INW

Post by INW »

If you guys need a server; you can always use mine. Scene just got a different host that doesn't fail and the server works fine. Just let me know if you need it so I can add the RINCLUDE.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

tell u the truth WildWest might not show up since im not with WildWest anymore just a head up, another thing open team is signed up but not on the brackets are we going to redo brackets or is Open team going to take WildWest spot?
INW

Post by INW »

And what about the server? We have 4 servers signed up but we need 8...hmm.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Spook wrote:another thing open team is signed up but not on the brackets are we going to redo brackets or is Open team going to take WildWest spot?
Open Team are welcome to play vs Starbucks the opening round.

Actually I'm just gonna add them to the brackets now for less confusion tomorrow.
INW

Post by INW »

I think what Spook is trying to say is that he is listed on the Open Team and Wild West. He isn't playing for Wild West and should be removed from there as team leader and a new one should be added for Wild West. This being said; Wild West will probably not show up anyway.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

i can remove myself of WildWest team on wiki and put someone else as leader. I really meant to take them off the wiki but i never got the chance to take wildwest off before they closed it and put brackets up =/. Thats my fault cause cornix got ahold me i think either Wednesday or Thursday and he said he needed more players so i told him i'll join him cause wildwest wouldnt have enough members but sorry for not taking wildwest off sorry
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I assume in reality it's Deso's decision to put the Open Team where it fits best for the tournament, but since he's american I have a feeling he'll show up just before the tourney due to his time zone.

I don't know how we best would solve this, since no Ww's seem to read these forums it's hard to have a dialogue.. Let's just hope it works out and we can have a smooth tourney under the circumstances?

I'd feel kind of bad taking Ww off the brackets, have 5-7 of them (maybe 8) show up only to realize they can't play.

Maybe the best way is to put Open Team vs Ww in the opening round - that way if they don't show, Tx/uNa won't have to have a bye right after their opening.

Edit: Disabled smileys because of the silly 8)
Last edited by Titanoboa on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

i think this is a good decision.

We might do it like Tit described it :)
Signature? wtf...
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

We'll have Open Team take Ww's spot. Spin, G5 has a server setup he said, so we'll use that instead of Paris. I have no time to fill in servers right now, if someone wants to do that quickly it'd be great. Otherwise, I won't fill them in until soon before the tournament.
INW

Post by INW »

I added my new server which is located in Philadelphia and gives great pings and small lagometers and Pru added theirs before mine. That makes 6 and we need 6 servers for the '3rd Round (18:45 and 19:00 GMT)' in case matches are delayed or last long; we have 2 servers for the losers bracket. You could just use the same 4 servers for the winners bracket and the same 2 servers for the losers bracket that way the losers bracket wont depend on matches finishing in the winners bracket. (:
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Nvm, servers are listed.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Did my best with the time given to make the "Winner from server x" vs "loser from server y" as clear as possible without changing choice of servers. Filled in the missing servers (in semi finals loser bracket) in hopefully a suitable way.

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... afeBracket

There's a speedbump in the opening round because there are 9 teams... hopefully that won't slow the entire tourney down.

I don't like double elimination :P