dBd wants to be in ladle

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Spook
Round Winner

dBd wants to be in ladle

Post by Spook »

dBd was late signing up for ladle but they would want to know if they can fill one of the bye rounds to play in the ladle, i told them i wouldnt mind playing against them in the first rounds, cause i know with liz she wants to keep her bye
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Re: dBd wants to be in ladle

Post by gawdzilla »

Cause you know that? Obviously you don't, because I don't want a bye. So, I'd like to play against dBd if possible.

Let dBd decide who they play against.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Spook has either done some epic reverse psychology, or both teams are just vying to warmup against dbd...
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Wiki wrote:If your team misses the sign-up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team with the first bye for permission to fill the open slot.
That's fine Spook, thanks for posting. I'll add dbd to the bracket. Please ask them to list their team when they get a chance.
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

sinewav wrote:
Wiki wrote:If your team misses the sign-up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team with the first bye for permission to fill the open slot.
That's fine Spook, thanks for posting. I'll add dbd to the bracket. Please ask them to list their team when they get a chance.

Seriously next ladle can we make a vote on If we should aloud late teams to take ~bye~ places, its just unfair.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Cody <3 wrote:Seriously next ladle can we make a vote on If we should aloud late teams to take ~bye~ places, its just unfair.
Seriously, read the guidelines.
If your team misses the sign-up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team with the first bye for permission to fill the open slot.
Asking WildWest was correct, because they're the team with bye1.
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

dlh wrote:
Cody <3 wrote:Seriously next ladle can we make a vote on If we should aloud late teams to take ~bye~ places, its just unfair.
If your team misses the sign-up deadline, and one or more teams have a bye in the first round, you may ask the team with the first bye for permission to fill the open slot.
Its unfair tho, they got to pick a team to vs in first round. I didn't get to choose the team I get to vs in the first round.

Also dlh go back and re-read my first post. I didn't say that what they did was against rules. It was just unfair.
Last edited by Cody <3 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Cody <3 wrote:
dlh wrote:
Its unfair tho, they got to pick a team to vs in first round. I didn't get to choose the team I get to vs in the first round.

Also dlh go back and re-read my first post. I didn't say that what they did was against rules. It was just unfair.
It's not unfair because they don't get to pick which team they get to play. There is only one team they can possibly play, and that is the team that's facing bye 1.
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

owned wrote:
Cody <3 wrote:

It's not unfair because they don't get to pick which team they get to play. There is only one team they can possibly play, and that is the team that's facing bye 1.
How about we re-write the rule, I think all teams should vote if that team should be aloud to enter. It affects everyone not just that team with a ~bye~.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

If there's more than one bye and a team signs up late it should be decided randomly which empty slot they take
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cody, If you think this is unfair, write yourself a reminder to bring the topic up for discussion - in two months.

We're not going to vote on this now, and I think that's a bad idea anyway.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

@Cody: Then submit that to the voting in the next session.

But as it is, the team doesn't neccessarily get to play. If you had withheld your application, and Tu was the clan with the bye, then it's unlikely I would let you battle us, since we would have a better chance of getting through otherwise.

Since dbd isn't exactly known for their fort skills, they don't really pose much of a threat to either team, so both teams are willing to play them.

Also, it appears they honestly missed the deadline.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Yes, it was my fault, I stopped paying attention to the forums for a tad bit and missed what the deadline was. Plus there was a lot of disorganization we had when the person who was doing this for us decided to up and hop clans.

And since apparently everyone is doubting that we have any chance... I'll say what I'm sure a lot of people are thinking.

This is essentially a bye for Ww, but I don't think so. Ya know, any given day anything can happen.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

Overrated wrote: Ya know, any given day anything can happen.
Exactly right 8)