Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Robot Chicken
On Lightcycle Grid

Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

Post by Robot Chicken »

Given the large amount of Canadians playing in the ladle the first date won't be good as Canada Day falls on the long weekend of July 1st and I intend on indulging in relaxation away from home. If it happens that weekend I guess I'll have to find a wifi hotspot near the lake... :P

Just thought I'd mention this so as to influence others not to vote for that date. I'd much rather be playing in the comfort of my home...

I prefer July 18th
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 35 Date Poll

Post by Nelhybel »

Sounds good to me. Just curious, how does an open team usually vote? Do they collaborate, or is it just whomever makes it to the forums first gets to vote?

Also:
"whoever is denying that post as a vote, tell them they are idiots"
-- Robo, from ID Chat Box

So I have ID down for July 18th.
Last edited by Nelhybel on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Sinn
Average Program

Post by Sinn »

ID will NOT be playing on the 4th of July,

I realise all you Europeans and Canadians don't give a shit about July 4th but some of us do.

You can all go bump yourselves [ Fixed --epsy ]

Have fun!
The truth is out there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

woah
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Sinn that was a bit uncalled for.

Is that behaviour tolerated where you're from?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:Is that behaviour tolerated where you're from?
You mean "The United States of America?" Unfortunately yes. Most people here seem to think bigotry is a right protected by our constitution (by some perverted interpretation of "freedom of speech"). Of course, most of those same people aren't even aware of their behavior, and when you call them out on it, you get accused of bigotry yourself. That's why we let people into our country to abuse and slander it, then we give them government aide so they can continue to do it. Please feel free to come into the US and burn our flag next weekend. You'll only get in trouble if you don't have a fire extinguisher handy...and maybe not even then.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Guys chill out, its a game.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

sinewav wrote:Please feel free to come into the US and burn our flag next weekend. You'll only get in trouble if you don't have a fire extinguisher handy...and maybe not even then.
Which is one of the good things about the US and its Constitution's First Amendment—something most countries don't share. (Of course, one might get put on some terrorist watch list under the USA PATRIOT Act, but that bit of anti-American, unconstitutional, totalitarian legislation should be repealed.)

Now, I'm no nationalist or jingoist—far from it—and haven't celebrated the 4th since I was a kid. It should also go without saying I think Sinn's comment (and general attitude) was ugly, to say the least. However, putting aside the ideological aspect of this, a lot of Americans do get together for the holiday, for cookouts and other events (festivals, concerts, fireworks), whatever. So, it would seem poor scheduling for a competition that would involve a number of Americans, just from a practical standpoint. Look at it from the perspective of your own respective important national holidays.
Last edited by Phytotron on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Uh ID voted for the 18th idk where nel got the 4th from. Also, Cody you didn't even play for the open team so I don't think you have the right to make that vote for them.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

LucK wrote:Uh ID voted for the 18th idk where nel got the 4th from. Also, Cody you didn't even play for the open team so I don't think you have the right to make that vote for them.
While what I wrote very well could have been read as ironic humor, it was a typo, so thank you for pointing that out Luck.

As for Sines post: all the anti-American sentiment that seems to go around Americans these days, imo, makes his comment excusable, if not at least relevent. He's just an American whose fed up with all this stupidity taking place in the country around him. Yes the First Amendment is a great thing, so I never understand why so many people use it to harass the country that supplies that freedom to it. If all Americans were to hate America, there wouldn't be an America, and uh-oh, no more freedom...

I could go on very much longer, but now Sin, Olive, Titan, Sine, Sylla, Phytotron, Luck, and now Nelhybel have failed at the instructions Nelhybel originally issued:
Nelhybel wrote:Vote, don't discuss.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Nelhybel wrote:
LucK wrote:Uh ID voted for the 18th idk where nel got the 4th from. Also, Cody you didn't even play for the open team so I don't think you have the right to make that vote for them.
While what I wrote very well could have been read as ironic humor, it was a typo, so thank you for pointing that out Luck.

As for Sines post: all the anti-American sentiment that seems to go around Americans these days, imo, makes his comment excusable, if not at least relevent. He's just an American whose fed up with all this stupidity taking place in the country around him. Yes the First Amendment is a great thing, so I never understand why so many people use it to harass the country that supplies that freedom to it. If all Americans were to hate America, there wouldn't be an America, and uh-oh, no more freedom...

I could go on very much longer, but now Sin, Olive, Titan, Sine, Sylla, Phytotron, Luck, and now Nelhybel have failed at the instructions Nelhybel originally issued:
Nelhybel wrote:Vote, don't discuss.
uh I have OCD when I see a rule I have to break it. sorry :(
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

New official rule: LucK must post atleast once more on these forums.

:D
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Titanoboa wrote:New official rule: LucK must post atleast once more on these forums.

:D
LOL! That's hurt.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

Post by epsy »

Can ID post their vote in a clear fashion on the voting thread like everyone else now?

Side note: Also I have no way of seeing who are ID's members or admins, as everything on http://idclansite.co.cc/forum/ is hidden to guests. This means I can't authentify an ID admin's vote as legit. But that is your problem. Fix it! :)
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

Post by LucK »

epsy wrote:...

Can ID post their vote in a clear fashion on the voting thread like everyone else now?

Side note: Also I have no way of seeing who are ID's members or admins, as everything on http://idclansite.co.cc/forum/ is hidden to guests. This means I can't authentify an ID admin's vote as legit. But that is your problem. Fix it! :)
They have pretty much made themselves clear that they want to play on the 18th.