Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

orion
Match Winner

Re: Discussion from "Ladle 35 Date Poll"

Post by orion »

why we made like 3 or 4 topics about l35? its stupid
ladle rule: "ladle would be played first sunday of each month"
who can play 4th PLAY, who cant DONT PLAY.
its a better idea
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

I'm actually with orion on the date changing issue (and many others who have brought this up). So what if we get an 8-team ladle one month?

If we move the july ladle to the 18th, we'll get 2 weeks to prepare for the august one. Then maybe we should move the august one to the 3rd sunday as well. And the september ladle too. Actually, let's just have this vote every single month and choose whichever Sunday works best "for the community".
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Please dont have a vote for every single month :/
When you can't make it to a ladle you propably will make it to the next. Where is the problem at all?
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Will all the Americans puhlease stop crying about the 4th of July? How will you do this day justice, really? Get drunk and then party the rest of the day? :roll: The ladle will go on without you and then you can participate in the next one.
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

Wouldn't be a big deal to change it to the 11th (like we have done in the past) if the euros weren't whining about the world cup being on. Rugby is a better sport, get over it.

With that being said, SP votes for not 4th of July.
Robot Chicken
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Robot Chicken »

If you read my first post for my vote, I feel it was politely written. I personally hate how others bring this 'country war/comments' into things. Everyone is entitled to vote the way they see fit.

I guess you can call myself a Euro Canadian? I'm German, but I live in Canada. However, not that this should matter. I'm just making conversation.

A couple people were bickering back and forth about this on the grid the other night, so I stepped in and mentioned how I feel about this.

I had said that if the 'Euros' (As people like to say) had come to Arma Forums and created a poll mentioning that if they had a major holiday the day the Ladle fell on , I'd be happy to change the date. The ladle date will not always be convenient for everyone. As long as people don't base their vote on this being a 'US/Euro thing' then I'm happy with that.

I merely wanted to point out to some that July 1st is Canada day, and I personally will be having a big get together/party this day and enjoying the remainder of the long weekend. The US peeps are celebrating the 4th of July. For me it's an escuse to break free from the home and enjoy the outdoors and unwind. And the large majority of the ID'ers wish to have this weekend free also.

I guess you can say I was vote influencing. Whatever day it happens, it happens. If it happens on the 4th it looks like we won't be there. The 11th is fine with me too (and the rest) of the clan, but I respect the fact that the World Cup will be happening, along with the crosseyed and painless tourney. So the 18th is what I'm sticking with.

If not, see you next ladle
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PsYkO wrote:Wouldn't be a big deal to change ...like we have done in the past...
When was that? I remember us switching for New Years, but that affects everyone on our calendar, not just people within certain political borders. 4th of July only affects "some" people from the USA - not all of them, and doesn't affect anyone from Canada or Europe.
PsYkO wrote:With that being said, SP votes for not 4th of July.
You have to pick a date because you don't get 2 votes. Either the 11th or the 18th. Also, this isn't the voting thread.

Also, this thread makes me embarrassed to be from the USA.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

orion wrote:why we made like 3 or 4 topics about l35? its stupid
ladle rule: "ladle would be played first sunday of each month"
who can play 4th PLAY, who cant DONT PLAY.
its a better idea
You made the first thread about changing the Ladle 35 date because you thought there was a World Cup game going on. Anyways you're free to change your opinion.

I'm okay with the Ladle being played on the 4th, even though I may not be able to play and I'd be going for a 3rd consecutive victory. A precedent has been set for not changing the date. In this instance it may lead to one of the smallest group of participants since Ladle 16, but it's just one phase. The Ladle isn't going anywhere, and someday there will be another large group of teams to play.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

epsy wrote: Side note: Also I have no way of seeing who are ID's members or admins, as everything on http://idclansite.co.cc/forum/ is hidden to guests. This means I can't authentify an ID admin's vote as legit. But that is your problem. Fix it! :)
As a friend of the the ID team, I found that pretty offensive. They have every right to keep their forums under a sort of lock down, and had I endured some of their past experiences, I would do the exact same thing.

On topic with this post: There's a poll, the date is being decided democratically. I personally feel the Americans/Canadians have a more legit case (and I will maintain I have bias, being an American). But if July 4th wins (which it looks like it will), I'm not going to put up a hissy-fit or something of the like. I would expect those on the other side of the isle to do the same.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
Sinn
Average Program

Post by Sinn »

Have it when you will, I just think it's bs and figured people would concider the importance of this day for many of the U.S. tronners. It slipped my mind that I was dealing with many Euros, and we all know how most of "them" are. I guess I still have it in my mind that not all people are ignorant jerks and have some sort of respect for others....not me but just other fellow tronners. I figure even tho we all come and play from differant areas of the world we should all act like 1 big "tron community. I am entitled to my opinion even tho I come across as blunt and angry on these forums most of the time. So i'm sorry I thought more of you.

So I guess my post was more of a statement to show how rude and insensative many people on these forums are.

Anyway......

I've already told my clan we would not be playing as a clan, but if they want they can create their own teams and play if they wish.

I wish the rest of you who do play the best of luck and hope you have an enjoyable ladle, and I do mean it. I just wanted to show what I thought about the situation and I did that. Now i'm over it.

Thanks,
Sin
The truth is out there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

The World Cup is more important than the 4th of July.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:goatee:
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Re: Ladle 35 Date Poll

Post by gawdzilla »

This is a stupid unofficial vote anyway. Disregard the result.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I humbly ask you all to stop treating this as an "us vs them' issue. This was already split to stop you from making the voting thread a mess, and I won't hesitate to lock it if you keep treating each other without respect. I don't want to read broad generalizations how camp X does not care about the emotional wellbeing of camp Y or how event Z isn't celebrated the way camp W thinks would be proper.

What all of you need to be aware of is simply that no matter whether the 4th or 11th is chosen, a large number of players will not show up and the validity of the July ladle as a competition to determine the globally best Fortress team will be questioned. Holding it on the 18th would move it too close to the August Ladle. Let me throw a compromise into the ring:
- Play one leg on the 4th with teams that can't or won't play on the 11th.
- Play another leg on the 11th with the rest of the teams.
- Have the winners of both legs meet on the 18th.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Or you know *gasp* skip making it complicated and just accept this ladle will be with fewer teams.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 35 Date Poll

Post by Titanoboa »

Deadmau5 wrote:This is a stupid unofficial vote anyway.
Just wondering what makes it unofficial?