Pro Sumo Challenge

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Eckz
Core Dumper

Re: Pro Sumo Challenge

Post by Eckz »

Nineteen dates would mean nineteen weekends? So, what happens when majority of the players can't make those dates?

Maybe you could try something like:

-- One-on-One Tournament
-- Duration: One month (Start of May)
-- Players can enter specific servers to play one-on-one
-- For every match a player wins he gets 1 point, every bout 2 (max points per bout would be 4 points)
-- Players refer back to a specific topic with screenshots(?) confirming the victor (mandatory?)
-- Players may not play the same opponent more than x amount of times within - insert time limit -
-- After a month the player with the most points wins

The difference is that it allows anybody to play, but it gives them the ability to play when they want to instead of forcing them to play at a certain time.

For example, you play a few matches and end up with 10 points. You then have to go on a trip out of town, but you return within the month and continue where you left off, 10 points.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

we can organize it to play 19º dates. but too play during the week to do it short.. and players can say with aticipation "i cant play these day".
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Generally, a good idea. But i have one or two questions:

Why don't admin's just choose 20 players? If 60 players signed up, and only 20 players are allowed to play, there will be alot of drama. IMO, there will be a few of the not-participating will complain about their skills and the participating ones. They'll discuss why they aren't allowed to play, and, as i said, lots of trouble. However, The "Pickout" won't only base on the player's skills, it will also base on the friendship between the signed and the admins.

E.g., there are 2 players left, and only one spot for the chosen ones. Both are good, and got the same level of skills. I believe the admins will choose that one who has a better friendship with 'em.

So, IMO, a "voting" between the admins could be the key. If there are two guys who have the same number of votes, get extra discussed or something like that.

Just a guess.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

orion wrote:All weekends , 19º dates
fail
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

im professional for vatations.. i will no choose my friends... :)i will vote who i think are the best 20.. and the other admin too.. its the idea.
and hoax: i said weekend and others days too.. so no neccesary play 19 weekends.. we can finish it before.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

orion wrote:wd titan. im thinking to create a wordpress page. like concord use for FPL.
i can make all there.
Concord usedPBWorks for the FPL.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

ohh it. pb works
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

ouch.. i have to pay :(
well so this will be in wiki. i need get 1 experimented admin or 2.. for votations and for matchs controls
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

I still don't get it.

Just adapt the KOTG 1on1 tournament?
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

not really.. its 1v1. with 20 best sumo players singed up. its obligatory all vs all.. if are 20 players, so a total of 190 matches. 19 rounds.. liz, its like a soccer tournament... all vs all
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

orion wrote:ouch.. i have to pay :(
well so this will be in wiki. i need get 1 experimented admin or 2.. for votations and for matchs controls
You do not have to pay. For personal use, clubs, etc. it is free.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

tyvm comp. ok, if u guys like it. i will start to organize it. so players can sing up..
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

What in the heck do you mean with "all vs all"? Am I the only one who thinks its 10v10 by reading that?

I'll just sit back and enjoy how orion is gonna handle this tournament.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

orion wrote:im professional for vatations.. i will no choose my friends... :)i will vote who i think are the best 20.. and the other admin too.. its the idea.
and hoax: i said weekend and others days too.. so no neccesary play 19 weekends.. we can finish it before.
You will just choose Durka (who will win anyways) and all sp members that sign up (not that there is anything wrong with that, <3 FoFo, <3 viper, <3 ins).

JK!

But, the voting thing is a terrible idea; why would you let 60 people sign up just to tell 40 of them that they cannot participate? The LAST thing we want to do on this game is discourage/eliminate participation.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

ethan, its a only a game, nothing will dead for it.
the players have to practice. i hope the players know understand is nothing personal, i will vote who deserve this place. i dont know why people will be angry