WST 3

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: WST 3

Post by INW »

alrighty...compguy is nice enough to host the rinclude once again for this WST. I will test his servers in the mean time. Also, servers are needed so feel free to sign up 1....or 10.

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

For those of you who know a bit about what kinds of servers are available, I would like to describe the type of servers that will be used for the WST.

Xen hypervisor based virtualization that is the enterprise-grade Version 3.x of the Xen Hypervisor. Most importantly, hosted on Dell or HP hardware. The reason for that is simple. The server hardware supports the Xen Virtualization Hypervisor with bios extensions, and the proper Intel processor. All of them have 100mbit connections to the Internet, except for one. nc.theserverpharm.net (Asheville, NC) actually has a 1gbit (1000mbit) connection on a 10gbit backbone. Durka's Jumbo Sumo will soon be moved to that server. That will solve the problems of 12 people playing. ID MegaFortress (US) is currently hosted there. Technically, I can put a ladle server there, but I want to wait until the next Ladle so I can provide a truly stable setup.
My wife and I just bought our first house and I am kinda busy with that at the moment, but I am still putting a lot of time into TheServerPharm.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

So lizmatic is an official global admin and a team captain/player? Just curious about your thoughts regarding that.

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

My thoughts are CRY MORE.

compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Technically, it is probably not a good idea for any player to be a global admin. As a practical matter, if lizmatic does not do anything to be a badadmin it can be a great thing, as she will be there and available to fix problems. Also, I can see several reasons why I do not have a problem with this. Liz has really been trying to contribute in many positive ways to the game! She also has been doing things that clearly show that she just wants there to be plenty of tournaments, and is willing to step up to doing what she can to facilitate that. Besides, if she were to do anything as a badadmin, she knows that she would lose the opportunity to ever be an admin again!

INW

Post by INW »

Looking at the teams list....it seems that each WST 2 more teams sign up than the previous one. Well anyway....sign ups do close Thursday of this week and brackets should be put up within the ladder part of the week. Have Fun!

INW

Post by INW »

It seems sign ups will close very shortly today and brackets will be posted...atm, there are no servers to put in the empty spots but I'm sure after Compguy and Taz get there's up, only a few servers will be appreciated as backup for any reason(s). Maybe CT or Z-man or G5 would be kind enough to lend a hand? (or a server ^^)

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Brackets are up :D

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hmm? Bzz? Oh, a backup server. Sure. Just remind me in time :)

INW

Post by INW »

Luck sent compguy the auth. list so all the server settings and authentication should be ready for server owners today; I'm hoping...the tournament is this Sunday btw Z-Man.

K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

INW wrote:It seems sign ups will close very shortly today and brackets will be posted...atm, there are no servers to put in the empty spots but I'm sure after Compguy and Taz get there's up, only a few servers will be appreciated as backup for any reason(s). Maybe CT or Z-man or G5 would be kind enough to lend a hand? (or a server ^^)
Let us know if you need a server, kyle or me can set one up in a minute.
If you lack global admins, you can add my GID ([email protected]/jedi or [email protected]) but I'm not sure I'll be there...
K-Yo

compguygene

Post by compguygene »

I will be fixing the wiki tonight, and putting up my servers.

Given how many decent servers I can put up, I think CT should also put up 1 per hosting server. I will make a post when I have my servers up, and the wiki fixed for the resources. I am testing mine first, while putting in 14-16 hour days fixing our new house.

apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Deadmau5 wrote:My thoughts are CRY MORE.
And this is the reason you shouldn't be a Global Admin for anything. But hey, I'm not participating in the WST, so have fun everyone :)

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

apparition wrote:
Deadmau5 wrote:My thoughts are CRY MORE.
And this is the reason you shouldn't be a Global Admin for anything. But hey, I'm not participating in the WST, so have fun everyone :)
If any1 abuses their admin then report it to me or spin.

K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

compguygene wrote:I will be fixing the wiki tonight, and putting up my servers.

Given how many decent servers I can put up, I think CT should also put up 1 per hosting server. I will make a post when I have my servers up, and the wiki fixed for the resources. I am testing mine first, while putting in 14-16 hour days fixing our new house.
that is done, but I (and neither can LIV) cannot download config... is talk.tsp.net down?
maybe it's a DNS issue, 'ill try with it's IP
K-Yo