WST "tips".. players read here.

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by LucK »

Goodygumdrops wrote:
LucK wrote:
Lizmatic wrote:As we saw with the happy tron friends, 3v2 is a major advantage if you have 2 great players like Punish and Rudy.
It was me who originally said that I thought 2v3 was unfair liz just agreed with me.

yes, it is totally unfair for the other team if rudy and punish are playing together

solution: no good players allowed in the tourney

there, now it's fair again

i'd also point out how anyone who thinks being a player down is an advantage in sumo obviously doesn't understand the game...good thing luck is running sumo tournies
*edit* nvm It's not that big of a deal sorry but if you don't like our rules then don't play the rules are not unfair. We will be using the setting Team_balance_with_ais 1 We have discussed it and even though there are ways around it this is the best way to do it.

Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

so you're still letting good players play? obviously it is unfair to all of the less skilled players

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

wtf does this have to do with good or bad players? It had nothing to do with it being rudy and punish I know both of them are beast and I have no doubt that they probably would have won with a third person there. I have always felt that 2v3 was unfair.

Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

Luck wrote:wtf does this have to do with good or bad players? It had nothing to do with it being rudy and punish I know both of them are beast and I have no doubt that they probably would have won with a third person there.
Cmon man.....Goody is obviously joking.....
Luck wrote:We will be using the setting Team_balance_with_ais 1 We have discussed it and even though there are ways around it this is the best way to do it.
I think Sine was joking too when he said it....i really hope you don't implement this....why create more of a disadvantage for the 2man team???

INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

my opinion of this is 2v3 really isnt that much of a deal, the tourney rules are set to 3v3 just like the ladle is set to 6v6, but when someone doesnt show up, it might end up 5v6...just like in this tourney, it might end up 2v3...thats less players for the other team to kill. Erm, imo, just keep it going with the flow of the community, all this talk is just causing arguments.

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

*edit* Going to take a vote about rules.

INW

Post by INW »

LucK wrote:2nd idea is to let the other team decide if the team with 2 players gets to play or not.
That is the best idea....ask the other team at start if they would like to play....what might happen is if one team makes it to the finals but has to lose a player on the way/they have to leave....cant the other team just decide not to play the finals just to say they won?

And the bot thing is ridiculous....especially in between rounds or matches when teams might switch players....what if one round that player didn't get in quick enough? The team has to play with a bot? That idea is just retarded.

theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

1200 wrote:
Luck wrote:We will be using the setting Team_balance_with_ais 1 We have discussed it and even though there are ways around it this is the best way to do it.
I think Sine was joking too when he said it....i really hope you don't implement this....why create more of a disadvantage for the 2man team???
Agreed. Usually, only the beasts "are allowed" to play in the finals.

Its just like if there'd be a 5vs6 in ladle in you give the 5 player's team a nongrinding bot. Of course, you could all shuffle down, but then the center attacking is just too easy.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

This is stupid, everyone is pulling a personal opinion out of proportion, just drop it.

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

I agree. Do as she says, not as she does.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

LucK wrote:We will be using the setting Team_balance_with_ais 1
:D

DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

I didn't take the first round very seriously as I was afk for a lot of the first match in bot-mode, which came back to haunt us since we lost that match. We won the next one, but then the third one sucked.

I just found it very hard to kill a team of 2 when they both had about 40 ping and my teammates were sliding everywhere, but, nonetheless, they deserved the victory.

...Ya can't win 'em all :(

FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

DDMJ wrote:I didn't take the first round very seriously as I was afk for a lot of the first match in bot-mode, which came back to haunt us since we lost that match. We won the next one, but then the third one sucked.

I just found it very hard to kill a team of 2 when they both had about 40 ping and my teammates were sliding everywhere, but, nonetheless, they deserved the victory.

...Ya can't win 'em all :(
Durka wasn't being serious the first round. Do-over?

orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

rule #4
who lost... is because was not playing serius :P

Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

i'm not joking

you're talking about what is fair, and clearly it is unfair if the players on one team are better than the players on another

and 2v3 is unfair as well...for the team of 2

if rudy and punish want to play alone again, make them take durka on their team as well...then they'll lose the advantage of being a two-person team

i'm sure adding durka to the mix would make them easier to beat, right? if not, then you don't really believe that having one less player is an advantage