WST "tips".. players read here.

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am

WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by gawdzilla »

As we saw with the happy tron friends, 3v2 is a major advantage if you have 2 great players like Punish and Rudy. Less zone space to share, and less points to give to the other team, so the admins of WST are gonna make 3 people mandatory. For the next times, can we please use our own names? It was fun to play under an alias one time, but the whole teams list was a joke, and it was very hard in the finals to see who was winning.. so, please?

Comments welcome. ^^

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by orion »

i think what rudy and punn did was epic..
if u have 2 players... u cant atk really..
Image

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by Hoax »

Lizmatic wrote:Less zone space to share
Give your space to a team mate or just plain get out the way
Lizmatic wrote:and less points to give to the other team
Don't die

Sounds quite ironic that the team with less players would be forced to get more to make it 'fair'
Maybe the team with 3 just sucked? I don't know I wasn't there

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by gawdzilla »

...I never said they didn't deserve it nor that its easy to win with 2 people.

Just notifying it why its mandatory to have 3 people from now on, reasons aside, it IS a 3v3 tournament.

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by orion »

is harder take spaces with less players
Image

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by gawdzilla »

Thats entirely subjective.

Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by Concord »

if having fewer players manifests itself in the type and magnitude of advantage as you claim, your game mode sucks.

I would wager that Rudy, Punish and a third player would have won anyway.

Tremor
Average Program
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by Tremor »

Actually, even though you have will get less points going against a two man team, that two man team has one more extra person to worry about.

I noticed Pun and Rudy had trouble dealing with teams that sent the extra person as an attacker. So Pun and Rudy ended up being bushed back to their side of the zone and stuck in the middle between two of the people holding their ground and the attacker sealing their exists. They were victorious because they are very good at working in little spaces and mazing.

It was truly sight to see a whole lists of alias and wild team names. But since it isnt like the ladle which is more team and clan oriented and people already know that you are part of that team or clan there is no point to hide your name.

I felt like the admins were just a little too strict. They silenced every chance they got, even if it was a slight mistake. One even banned cuddles and silenced cuddles AKA beanertron from playing thinking he wasnt part of the team when he was You cant really be 100 percent strict with a tourney that has a lists full of aliases. But besides that they did a very good job at maintaining order and making sure the tourney ran smoothly.

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by gawdzilla »

Suspending Cuddles was a mistake because a player had earlier join Punish and Rudy's team, and he wasn't mean to join them, then later Cuddles joined them and Rudy said 'wtf' (later he said it was about something else) so the admins suspended him quickly. Simple error.

This tournament had no controversy so I think being strict did its job, better to be strict than too lenient.

User avatar
ItzAcid
Match Winner
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 am
Location: I reside in your mind.
Contact:

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by ItzAcid »

I like the idea of making 3 mandatory. If the 3 person team gets behind it makes it more dificult for them to close the score gap. gz to rudy's team. i didn't think it was too strict, they reacted in accordance with the situation.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by Gonzap »

Lizmatic wrote:Suspending Cuddles was a mistake because a player had earlier join Punish and Rudy's team, and he wasn't mean to join them, then later Cuddles joined them and Rudy said 'wtf' (later he said it was about something else) so the admins suspended him quickly. Simple error.

This tournament had no controversy so I think being strict did its job, better to be strict than too lenient.
it was funny to see that only some were silenced when u stopped playing, admin's friend ftw


gz happy tron friends, ur great ^^

gawdzilla
Liz of the many names
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by gawdzilla »

I don't have friends in tron. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

LucK
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by LucK »

Gonzap wrote:
Lizmatic wrote:Suspending Cuddles was a mistake because a player had earlier join Punish and Rudy's team, and he wasn't mean to join them, then later Cuddles joined them and Rudy said 'wtf' (later he said it was about something else) so the admins suspended him quickly. Simple error.

This tournament had no controversy so I think being strict did its job, better to be strict than too lenient.
it was funny to see that only some were silenced when u stopped playing, admin's friend ftw


gz happy tron friends, ur great ^^
Zap really? The main admin doing the silencing left while liz was playing. During the finals a lot of ppl didn't get silenced because me and spin were doing something. We silenced ppl that we did happen to notice and I did try to silence that player 2 guy but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by Gonzap »

huh, then u focus on it when your friend is on the grid but no when she isn't? xD cool

LucK
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Re: WST "tips".. players read here.

Post by LucK »

Oh yes zap and btw where was your team at?

Post Reply