As Promised: Ladle 29 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

As Promised: Ladle 29 Predictions

Post by DDMJ »

These are my predictions for the upcoming Ladle.

Read and enjoy!

---

Opening Round:

Tongue Twisters vs Freelancers

This Freelancers team isn't as strong as their Ladle 28 one (The Usual Suspects), but they are, without a doubt, the stronger team in this matchup. I applaud Cody's effort to organize another team, but the Tongue Twisters are way too inexperienced to even contend with the veteran Freelancers.

My prediction: The Freelancers rout the Tongue Twisters, 2-0.

Immortal Dynasty vs Crazy Tronners

ID has some new young-guns on their team, and CT is without some of its marquee players. Nonetheless, CT has the server advantage, experience advantage, and, in my opinion, the skill advantage. However, let's not forget when ID upset CT a few Ladles ago. The same thing could happen, especially if CT is looking ahead to their possible matchup with SP 1 in the quarter finals.

My prediction: CT focuses and locks down on their opponents, claiming a 2-0 victory.

degree° vs Speeders 1

Degree had high expectations going into their first Ladle, but had some trouble in the opening round against DS. On paper, their team looks a little weaker this time around, but we can't forget that last time their full squad didn't show up. On the other hand, SP has enough players to form 2 teams. I'm a little concerned with their team choice though because I was almost certain that Judders, one of the top players in the game, would be on SP 1. Yet, SP 1 is still a very solid and impressive team.

My prediction: SP 1 slowly pulls ahead in each match, giving them a 2-0 win..

PLZ RES US! vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats

PRU is without their best player last Ladle, freako, and up against the reigning Ladle champions. They will be more prepared for this Ladle than the last one, while TX could possibly be out of synch due to lack of practice. But you can never doubt the champs as they will ultimately find their grove.

My prediction: TX eases their way into the quarter finals, beating PRU 2-0.

Speeders 2 vs Plus

Speeders 2 will no doubt have trouble dealing with the lag while Plus will feel right at home. However, this Speeders 2 squad has the potential of beating a Plus team that has struggled in the past. Sine.wav will lock down on defense, but if his teammates die, there will be a lot of 3v1 rounds ending in SP 2 victories.

My prediction: Plus fights hard, but falls at the end, losing 2-1.

Open Team vs Team uNknown

This Open Team is better than the other one in the Ladle (Tongue Twisters), but I seriously doubt that they've had much practice together. UNK has been slowly creeping onto the scene and I believe that this Ladle will be their breakout.

My prediction: UNK rolls to a 2-0 sweep.

Wild West vs Velocity

This WW team is much better than people think. If their best players show up, I expect them to win this matchup. On the other hand, VCL (I don't know how VCL = VeLoCity, but anyways...) has a new tag and some new players. With the tag comes the swag (sorry, thought it was time, for a rhyme). All the jokes aside, these two teams are definitely underestimated, and it's unfortunate that they have to play each other in the first round since only one can advance.

My prediction: WW squeaks out a 2-1 win over their rivals.

Quarter Finals

Dark Syndicate vs Freelancers

DS has a bye the first round and will most likely be spending that time practicing in their server. The Freelancers will just be coming off of an easy victory over the Tongue Twisters and will be ready to fight. It's always hard to pick against a KoD-esque team, but if the opponent has the edge in either skill or experience, I may be compelled to make such a pick. However, DS has neither.

My prediction: The Freelancers march into the semi finals, defeating DS 2-0.

Crazy Tronners vs Speeders 1

History repeats itself; this will be the 3rd time in 4 Ladles that these 2 squads will face off against each other. SP won the previous 2 and I believe that this trend will continue. Look for CT to fight back, but without some key players like Woned, Beer, and K-Yo, they might fall a bit short yet again.

My prediction: In a back and forth battle, SP 1 edges out CT, 2-1.

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs Speeders 2

Having to play in a US server again, SP 2 will have its hands full against TX. Assuming either SageLord and/or CuRbSidE show up, TX will have its way with SP 2. Nonetheless, TX is clearly the stronger team is the matchup and they will prove this on the grid.

My prediction: TX advances without much trouble, winning 2-0.

Team uNknown vs Wild West

As I said earlier, this is UNK's breakout Ladle. Look for them to take charge against WW and never look back. But they better watch out for a WW comeback, since WW also has a lot to prove. This quarter final matchup, albeit they're not the two strongest teams, will be a great one to watch.

My prediction: UNK has the server advantage and the victory in my book, 2-1.

Semi Finals

Freelancers vs SP 1
the 'Ladle 28 Predictions' thread wrote:PsYkO, Lackadaisical, Flex, Luzifer, Sasha, pavelo, viper, eggcozy, FoFo, MaZuffeR, Judders, madmax, etc, etc. This could very well be the championship match, but due to the draw, these 2 powerhouses are going to duke it out in an epic Ladle showdown. SP is a hot team with new additions, but if The Usual Suspects can rekindle their past chemistry, then they've got this in the bag.
The players are almost the same, it's the semi finals again, and both teams will be at the top of their games. Both teams got slightly weaker from Ladle 28 to Ladle 29, but SP lost more ground than the Freelancers did.

My prediction: In Ladle 28, SP lost 2-0. For Ladle 29, I expect the same outcome.

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats vs Team uNknown

UNK's magical run stops here. For the defending champs, the finish line is in site and UNK is just a small bump in the road. TX has the edge in virtually every category (skill, experience, past ladles, etc.) and will have little trouble with this UNK squad. Nonetheless, UNK should be very proud to have made it this far.

My prediction: TX bursts into the finals, sweeping UNK 2-0.

Finals

The Usual Suspects vs Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats

More or less a rematch of the Ladle 28 finals, the Ladle 29 finals will not disappoint. The 3 things I notice are that (a) this Freelancers team is not quite as good as the Ladle 28 version, (b) if CuRbSidE shows up, that makes TX only harder to defeat, and (c) the finals are in a US server, giving an additional advantage to TX. But don't count out the Freelancers, especially since they are seeking to avenge their Ladle 28 loss to TX in the finals.

My prediction: TX repeats as Ladle champions, defeating a very good Freelancers team by a score of 2-1.
orion
Match Winner

Re: As Promised: Ladle 29 Predictions

Post by orion »

/me agrees
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

I agree with everything but one. I think degree could win a match luckily.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

lol thanks roze.. tbh we haven't practised but heh luck is always a factor. Let's hope everyone show's this time :P

I will say one thing though in regards to plus, be cautious, theyre a bigger factor than made out here; afaik they've beaten SP twice already in "pre-ladle" wars ~ just saying.. :d
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

These predictions are about the same as ladle 28. Sorry tx fanboys/fangirls but I predict either the freelancers or ct will win. Plus also has a stronger team than past ladles. This might be a surprising ladle.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

(a) this Freelancers team is not quite as good as the Ladle 28 version,
/me takes responsibility for that.
You've gone too far, turn back!
BamBam
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BamBam »

Wild West doesn't have Rudy nor Punish and Des at Defense who never really plays so i disagree with their first round victory and Vcl had Lizmatic so thats a + on the attack side.

-What Has Tron Come too.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Olive wrote:These predictions are about the same as ladle 28.
Well, not that much as changed.
BamBam wrote:Wild West doesn't have Rudy nor Punish and Des at Defense who never really plays so i disagree with their first round victory and Vcl had Lizmatic so thats a + on the attack side.
The rosters didn't reflect this at the time of my writing this.
BamBam
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BamBam »

haha plus WENT OFFFF! l

-What Has Tron Come too.
Pezz
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Pezz »

Not sure why but we gave up our server advantage and played on the texas server and lost :S
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

yea sorry pez it didnt matta to me were we played at.

bambam maybe next time you wont believe everything u hear :mrgreen:
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

nice predictions, donkey
Well...I did.