Team Sumo Knockout Tournament - Sunday, 13th September 2009

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Flex
Round Winner

Team Sumo Knockout Tournament - Sunday, 13th September 2009

Post by Flex »

The Team Sumo Knockout Tournament 1 will be held on Sunday the 13th of September, 2009.

You've played one vs one Sumo. Now it's time you team up with your best two team-mates and play three vs three! Little lag, no vultures.

Each team will be matched up randomly against another team. With just one Zone and two teams consisting of three players each. The winning team will move onto the next round, the losers will be knocked-out of the tournament. Eventually only two teams will have surpassed them all to reach the final match. The winners crowned the Sumo Warlords.

Rules & Settings;
  • Three vs three,
  • One Zone,
  • Two teams,
  • Best of 3 matches.
  • First to 1200 points or highest score after 12 rounds, wins.
SIGN-UP'S ARE OPEN - SIGN UP HERE;
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... moKnockout
Flex
Round Winner

Re: Team Sumo Knockout Tournament - Sunday, 13th September 2009

Post by Flex »

To not make the main post complicated, I'd like to discuss some basic formalities to agree on. First to 1200 points or 1000? Highest score after 10 rounds or 12? Do you have anything better? What have we used in the pasted? Any other settings or maps to suggest? Because right now, I'm going with; First to 1200 and highest score after 12 rounds, wins. And this map;

Code: Select all

http://resource.armagetronad.net/resource/turtle/classic/sumo-faceoff-0.0.1.aamap.xml
Please discuss this, so we can all be happy.

P.S. Server admins are welcomed to place adverts on their public servers.

ROUND_CONSOLE_MESSAGE 0x66ffffTeam Sumo Knockout Tournament 10xffffff - Sunday, 13th September 2009!\n0xff9900Sign up now at - http://tinyurl.com/teamsumoknockout
Last edited by Flex on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Wait until most teams are set, and then start a poll for settings like the one on the ladle?
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

I think aligning on fortress and using a round limit of 10 would be nice. My guess on the corresponding score limit would be 1200. We should probably try that on the pickup.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

it's on the same day as compguy's hr tournament :/
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Desolate wrote:Wait until most teams are set, and then start a poll for settings like the one on the ladle?
As this is the first one, I don't think we need to have a poll. A normal discussion will do for now, because I just want to find out everyones opinions.
epsy wrote:I think aligning on fortress and using a round limit of 10 would be nice. My guess on the corresponding score limit would be 1200. We should probably try that on the pickup.
I think 2000 worked pretty well, for the pickup, due to the 1 match limit, instead of best of 3. As the tournament will be best of 3, maybe 1000 is enough with 10 rounds limit.
Word wrote:it's on the same day as compguy's hr tournament :/
You're right, it's on the same day, but his HR tournament starts at 20:00 EST, and the TSK starts around at 15:00 EST and would probably finish around 17:00 EST, so there should be enough time for both.

But while I double checked I saw he has different times for the European one? 20:00 GMT? Maybe compguygene can change his European time to say 16:00 GMT? which would be around 12:00 EST? So the Europeans have a chance to play both.
~*PsYkO*~

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

You're right, it's on the same day, but his HR tournament starts at 20:00 EST, and the TSK starts around at 15:00 EST and would probably finish around 17:00 EST, so there should be enough time for both.

But while I double checked I saw he has different times for the European one? 20:00 GMT? Maybe compguygene can change his European time to say 16:00 GMT? which would be around 12:00 EST? So the Europeans have a chance to play both.[/quote]

Not many euros play high rubber. You would have a better chance convincing him of moving back his tournament. Say 22 or 23 GMT
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

After having thought about it for a day, I have decided to move the European HR tournament 8pm GMT to 6pm GMT. I know it was a simple mistake on the part of flex to schedule his tourney the same day as mine. And I am certain that we can avoid this happening in the future. But, I would rather not force players to choose which tourney to follow. I will post announcements on all the necessary clan forums later today.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Flex wrote:

But while I double checked I saw he has different times for the European one? 20:00 GMT? Maybe compguygene can change his European time to say 16:00 GMT? which would be around 12:00 EST? So the Europeans have a chance to play both.
I think that's a good idea ... why don't you do this, comp?
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

He has. :)

Thanks compguygene, sorry for the mishap.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

NP, flex. It's an easy mistake to make. I almost scheduled my tourney the same day as the Ladle.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

I've changed some score settings. I think it's best we have no round limit and then; make it first to 600 points with 20 for the zone and 10 for each kill. So it needs to take a minimum of 12 rounds just to reach 600, and an average of 20 rounds if it's a tight game. Sounds fun and fair. I think?

Here's what I've got, at the moment. If anyone thinks it won't work, please say.

#SCORING
SP_SCORE_WIN 0
SP_LIMIT_SCORE 600
FORTRESS_CONQUERED_SCORE 20
SCORE_DIE 0
SCORE_KILL 10
SCORE_SUICIDE -10 
SCORE_WIN 0
LIMIT_SCORE 600
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Flex wrote:I've changed some score settings. I think it's best we have no round limit and then; make it first to 600 points with 20 for the zone and 10 for each kill. So it needs to take a minimum of 12 rounds just to reach 600, and an average of 20 rounds if it's a tight game. Sounds fun and fair. I think?

Here's what I've got, at the moment. If anyone thinks it won't work, please say.

#SCORING
SP_SCORE_WIN 0
SP_LIMIT_SCORE 600
FORTRESS_CONQUERED_SCORE 20
SCORE_DIE 0
SCORE_KILL 10
SCORE_SUICIDE -10 
SCORE_WIN 0
LIMIT_SCORE 600
Those settings are just a third of the default sumo settings. Why not just stick to the default but make limit_score 1800?
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

True, but just maybe 1600, instead of 1800. Then again, still seems too long.. Maybe 1400, if that works smoothly with the points..

Edit: Yes, First to 1400 points or highest score after 20 rounds, wins.

Sounds good?

We have 16 teams and I believe 2 or 3 more teams on the way, but we still only have 6 servers. We need 8 in total. Durka will provide two. G5 can you provide two yourself?
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

I hate to retract my earlier statement about moving my tourney time, but I just can't change the time of my European HR tourney for 2 reasons.

1. The majority of people that I have asked about moving the time, cannot play if I change the time to 6pm gmt.

2. I have several people playing, that I signed up by catching them in an HR server. They do not seem to follow the forums at all, and I can only contact them by catching them in-game.

I really don't like to run our tourneys at the same time, but it seems unavoidable. Looking at the signups that I have for my HR tourney, I really think its a conflict for only 3 or 4 players. So, I think that I will have to just let them decide what they want to do.