Team Sumo Knockout Tournament - Sunday, 13th September 2009

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Re: Team Sumo Knockout Tournament - Sunday, 13th September 2009

Post by AI Teâm »

So how can I re-sign-up from your HR tournament comp?
Cuz I cant play 2 tournaments at the same time :o
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

If you want to sign up, or take yourself out of my HR tourney, just make a comment on this blog post. http://theserverpharm.wordpress.com/200 ... pharmhr-1/
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Post by AI Teâm »

And you are 100% you cant move the time )=
I would really like to take part at both events.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

That's too bad, but ok. Here's the people who have signed up for both European HRT and TSKT, that will miss out, either one;

DDMJ@forums
Word@forums
Ai.bot@ct/public
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

ok count me out of the sumo thing, i'll suck there :P
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

@flex: Thank you for posting the people in common in our two tourneys. I also would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing an excellent example of how to run a tournament, with the Sumo Knockout Tournament! With your much more vast experience in the Armagetron Community, you have unknowingly done much to help me get up to speed on how to do things. In the future, since we both seem to be running tourneys, I will let you know the dates/times of any tournment, before I make a public post. This way we can coordinate things behind the scenes.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

ok from what i know two of the teams i signed up will be able to play, pru3 is a sub team.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

compguygene wrote:@flex: Thank you for posting the people in common in our two tourneys. I also would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing an excellent example of how to run a tournament, with the Sumo Knockout Tournament! With your much more vast experience in the Armagetron Community, you have unknowingly done much to help me get up to speed on how to do things. In the future, since we both seem to be running tourneys, I will let you know the dates/times of any tournment, before I make a public post. This way we can coordinate things behind the scenes.
There's no need to thank me and again I'm sorry for putting TSKT on the same date, I simply avoided the Ladle then asked people when they most preferred it. I saw your tourney and checked the American time and assumed everything was good and even possibly better as having two tourney gives people a chance to take part in two things in one day. Kind of like a tournament day. All the Americans after taking part in the TSKT have a chance to jump straight to your servers and take on the High Rubber competition.

I'm glad I've assisted you in some way. I don't know what the future brings, so there's probably no need to ask me, but maybe if you need my help, I will gladly help out.
ChrisGW
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ChrisGW »

maybe you can help me a bit,

our Broken Silence server will take a parth in this turney,
its our first time, i dont know exactly what i need to do.

i need just include the settings? and change server name? (a bit to easy or :D?)
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Yup, that's all there is to it. I will soon release either alpha-2 or the final config file.
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

Flex -

Just wondering how those chat logs are coming along. I guess since I don't speak directly to you, I will post here. My name is noob_saibot, you might know me as noobSal or something. Either way, I would like to know for what reason I was banned. I was rude? What did I say? Please advise?

Thx,
n_s
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

If you'd like to talk about it, PM me, because I don't want to have this discussion in this thread. You might want to talk to 1200, as he PM'ed me and I responded, I can forward that to you also, if you want. But I'll explain to you as much as I can, here;

It's on Durka's machine, so I don't have direct access to the logs, I will have to ask Durka for that.

The main problem is your attitude and disrespect towards me and probably to others, as we've never spoken before. Not once but on numerous occasions. I don't know what I did to you nor am I taking this personal. I've barely spoke to you, let alone offended you. But you constantly act very immature and disrespectful which I dislike and which I'm trying to prevent in all the events I host. This ensures people enjoy playing and taking part and not have the added social negativity that sometimes accommodates theses events.

The fact that I'm administrating this tournament and your complete lack of control to prevent yourself from disrespecting and acting very immaturely to me, tells me that you'll probably do it in the TSKT to others. I want this tournament to be clean and friendly. I believe there's a common courtesy that everybody should follow and I will support it till the end and that is to enforce conformance to the rules, spirit, and etiquette of gaming.

Some might consider it harsh, but if everybody acted this way, it wouldn't be worth turning up or trying to win. I also only have two options, go ahead with removing someone or allow them to keep pushing me and completely ignore what I'm trying to uphold. Teen.iZm was also already reported for harassing and disrespecting players during one of the Ladles, I believe just after Fortress Brawl, which gave me the highlight. He then repeated something similar to that in a Ladle after. Now this, with you - In the server I gave you & him a warning and told you and teen, clearly that if your behavours don't stop, I'll just remove you both, but you both laughed and decided to call me on it and insult me some more. It was also a server I control and administrate. This isn't the court of law, which rules are bended and decided independently depending on situation or location. I take your actions and choices with me to the next scenario.

Here's an example;
http://flex.armagetron.co.uk/noobcockbot001.html

Here's the rule, you show no signs of following it.
Be friendly and have fun. If you prevent that for other people, we'll ensure you won't have a chance to do so again.
Anyway, the most important thing is; we can come to a resolution to all this and put this behind us if you both stop acting like that and keep your crude and satirical banter, to yourselves. As long as nobody complains any further and there's no problems, you guys can take part.
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

Constantly act immature? I have barely played this game in over 3 months. Nor have I come into contact with you in quite a long time. And when I have come in contact with you, when have we ever had a disagreement besides arguing about a few hip-hop groups??? To my knowledge, we never ever had a problem??; if I am mistaken, please advise?

Either way, noob_c*ckbot, noob_b*obbot, b*ob_saibot, noob_***kbot noob_f***kbot. I have seen many noob_***bot's across the grid, MANY TIMES... Does that mean that I myself am all of them?? No way. So what you are showing me is absolutely nothing.

And for this topic, I am speaking about what happened on 9.3.09, two days ago. What gave you permission to ban me that particular day and for the rest of this tournament for that matter?? (not that I even care to play in it now)?? If I remember correctly, you and teen got into a little scuffle. You called teen a "twat" and I quote "twat." I simply said "Do not call my boy a twat, you hear?" And you started to throw massive threats at me, like how I have been so rude these past few months in ladles (meanwhile I haven't played in over 2-3 ladles) and that you will ban me." Then I LOL! and you DO ban me, reason given "+." LOL! That is a swell reason to ban someone Flax! Oh, and how mature you are saying that my teammate has acted like a "twat." Very good choice of words Mister Ban Those Who Use Non-User-friendly Words.

Please Flax, show me the chat log from 9.3.09. If you are so concerned about keeping the tourney user friendly etc. why were you calling my partner a "twat"? "Twat" does not seem like a friendly word to me. In fact you seem to contradict yourself to the absolute max. You remind me of those admins who are simply power hungry fools. You kicked me for simply saying --> "Don't call my partner a twat, you hear me?" Does that merit a kick?? I think not. You are the one who started this whole thing in the first place..

Please do get these chat log and IP's on 9/3/09 because I would love to see the chat log that led to a ban. Post them here if you feel need be. Otherwise you can PM me.............and maybe I will read that stuff.
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Flex wrote:This isn't a court of law, where rules are bent and decided independently depending on situation or location. I take your actions and choices with me to the next scenario.
Well courts take into account previous convictions also

I doubt sai would break the "Be friendly and have fun. If you prevent that for other people, we'll ensure you won't have a chance to do so again." rule; which the latter part surely only needs to come into effect if complaints are made.
But sai you should really solve personal issues via pm or something :moustache:

At least there are only 3 players who are going to miss out on one of the tournys; sunday is way too popular :)
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

I believe you've got the log? I did ask to speak in PM.. Decided to ignore that.. Also that rule is for everyone taking part, including myself as I'm taking part, too.

I'm glad we agree that we've never had a problem in the past, for this to be a personal issue. This is all a first impression of you and it's not my fault if you make it a bad one. If an outsider came and made any claims, I would look into it, and if you acted this way, I would choose the latter. From that IRC log and a few other times reading your chat in-game speaking to others and now this situation at Durka's server, I felt, you and teen will carry on.
noob_saibot wrote:Either way, noob_c*ckbot, noob_b*obbot, b*ob_saibot, noob_***kbot noob_f***kbot. I have seen many noob_***bot's across the grid, MANY TIMES... Does that mean that I myself am all of them?? No way. So what you are showing me is absolutely nothing.
I provided a chat log to you in the pickup channel acting very immaturely.. That wasn't you?
noob_saibot wrote:And for this topic, I am speaking about what happened on 9.3.09, two days ago. What gave you permission to ban me that particular day and for the rest of this tournament for that matter?? (not that I even care to play in it now)?? If I remember correctly, you and teen got into a little scuffle. You called teen a "twat" and I quote "twat." I simply said "Do not call my boy a twat, you hear?" And you started to throw massive threats at me, like how I have been so rude these past few months in ladles (meanwhile I haven't played in over 2-3 ladles) and that you will ban me." Then I LOL! and you DO ban me, reason given "+." LOL! That is a swell reason to ban someone Flax! Oh, and how mature you are saying that my teammate has acted like a "twat." Very good choice of words Mister Ban Those Who Use Non-User-friendly Words.

Please Flax, show me the chat log from 9.3.09. If you are so concerned about keeping the tourney user friendly etc. why were you calling my partner a "twat"? "Twat" does not seem like a friendly word to me. In fact you seem to contradict yourself to the absolute max. You remind me of those admins who are simply power hungry fools. You kicked me for simply saying --> "Don't call my partner a twat, you hear me?" Does that merit a kick?? I think not. You are the one who started this whole thing in the first place..

Please do get these chat log and IP's on 9/3/09 because I would love to see the chat log that led to a ban. Post them here if you feel need be. Otherwise you can PM me.............and maybe I will read that stuff.
If you don't care about playing, then that settles it, no need to argue or disagree. If you don't like my actions and want to defend your right to be who you are, then fine, but if you believe you're not how I perceive you as, then we have a discussion. That particular day is not the whole reason, it's only that day I decided that you won't take what I say seriously and carry on acting like that. There's not much happening in that log, apart from me judging you both, and making a decision to call it or not.

I didn't give any reason for kicking you, you had "+" at the end of your name it must have placed this as a reason. This has nothing to do with Plus, as I left 1200 on the team bracket and both teen and you were the issue. If this has anything to do with your specific team then why is 1200 not involved in all of this? 1200 have a good understand, he never once got involved, that proves to me it's only you two.

Calling me Flax is a nice one, too. You just don't stop..