First TRONIC Bowl

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Re: First TRONIC Bowl

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

It fell through, and this comment was too goofy and too close to spam and is now gone.
Last edited by Cosmic Dolphin on Wed May 27, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Good luck :)
Hope you can make it.
That would be 18th team - 2x more than in L17.
I expect another great tournament.
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

Ummmmmmmmmmm.........
I just realized I that I will be at my cousin's graduation party
at the time stated >_< If I miss that...
Argh! Or, I could take my computer with me...
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
Sage
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Sage »

I think ID will soon have both teams ready :D
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

17 teams have signed up untill this far.

16 to go...

A 2 days event would be great.. Lots of kids (like me) playing this game, if I play another final that lasts untill 1:00 AM my father will strangle me.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Maybe a team could actually take some matches of you, this time, to insure you don't make the finals :wink:

I don't feel that bad about the 12 players who make the finals having to play a little late. However, it should be a privilege, not an obligation. Perhaps the captains could, if the finals are looking late, decide on playing the match the next week.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

My suggestion would be to do it on the same weekend (6th and 5th) with the first day being the 32-quarters and Sunday being semis+finals (3rd place match?)

I smell a vote.

(More like 2: First would be: Do you want 1 day, Saturday and Sunday, or opposite Sundays, 2nd would be:(if the first one is changed) where should the games be split?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

No, right now we have 17 teams. Even if we get 20 total, I say we keep it how it is (default Ladle start time) and instead, have the 2 or 3 extra teams (Total Teams - 16) have "play-in" games before the default Ladle start time. So, instead of moving everything later, we play an early round of matches between 2 teams (or 4 if there're 20).
Concord

Post by Concord »

My views are the same as Durka's
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

The play-in sounds good. It still makes for a long day; a little longer than I would like.

And if the Ladle retains its size, is league play an option? Should we start a thread to discuss it? I'd like to hear the pros and cons.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

sinewav wrote:And if the Ladle retains its size, is league play an option? Should we start a thread to discuss it? I'd like to hear the pros and cons.
I wouldn't like Ladle to become a league play, but yes, the discussion is needed asap.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The AFL format could be revived for that.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

DDMJ wrote:No, right now we have 17 teams. Even if we get 20 total, I say we keep it how it is (default Ladle start time) and instead, have the 2 or 3 extra teams (Total Teams - 16) have "play-in" games before the default Ladle start time. So, instead of moving everything later, we play an early round of matches between 2 teams (or 4 if there're 20).
Well that is effectively the same thing as a full 32-team tournament. Just some teams don't have to play that extra match.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

idk if this is a good idea but PRU and Vcl have twitter channels where we can announce tournaments, maybe something like that would make the whole thing more popular

http://twitter.com/pru_clan
Concord

Post by Concord »

Week of

To Do List:
[*]Team Captains make sure you have players for Sunday, take your team off the challenge board or leave a note about the status (teams with iffy statuses will be placed in play-in rounds). Status message should basically describe how many players you expect to have.
[*]Challenge Board locks 24:00 GMT Wednesday (8:00 pm EST), the team's will be placed randomly using IRC, servers will be assigned as well.
[*]Server Admins - following that selection please get in contact with a team captain from each of the teams using your server in the first round. Please make sure they have at least Team Leader privileges and know how to use them. That would be great and save each of us some work on Sunday. Thanks

On a personal note, server admins: I would love to get a score log from every match. I'll be on IRC after the Bowl but you could also pm me or email me: concord(dot)arma(at)gmail.com, thanks