Wild West's Vote
* team_max_players - 6v6? 7v7? 8v8? 6v6
* score_hole - yes (+1 point), no (0 points) no
* 2v2 - unconquerable? conquerable? unconquerable
* scoring distribution - score_win 6, fortress_conquered_score 4? or score_win 10, fortress_conquered_score 0? 6/4
* brackets - random teams, seeded teams (top 2? top4?) random
* servers - random? balance of Euro/American? (like Ladle 20) balance
* finals - always Z-Man's? rotate between Z-Man's and American Server? (TR Fort? ServerPharm? PinkTomato's?) rotate
* server names - normal? (all different) coordinated? (like Ladle 20) coordinated
* team signups - list players? (do they have to play with the name listed? is there a size limit? can teams recruit on the day of?) don't list players? play with names listed
Just as a matter of explanation, our team is voting for rotating the finals server on the basis of trying to "mend the rift" that seems to have developed in recent times between some euro and american players, and on fairness. Some American players seem to feel, quite unjustly, that the Ladle is a "European" event. Also, many Europeans seem to view many American Fortress players as just n00bs. Perhaps rotating the finals would help to rectify some of those feelings of unfairness. And quite frankly, it seems somewhat unfair, as a Leader of the Fortress Division of an American Clan to consider the possiblility that my team will always face the European clans at a disadvantage in the finals. We are expected to cope with reasonably high pings (note I do say reasonable pings) compared to low pings always in the finals under the current system. It just doesn't seem fair! I know many of my European players have the skillz to deal with the same kind of situation, and I feel that a rotating system for the finals, will give a better overall outcome.
For instance, if we do implement a system of points toward an overall ranking. It would seem rather unfair if Euro clans won many more ladles than somewhat equally skilled American clans, if the finals were always played in a Euro server, except when played between two American clans. And this is precisely the kind of outcome that I would like to see us avoid. I have put a lot of effort behind the scenes to try to build up Fortress Play in America. I would hate to see may efforts curbed, in the long run, by us sticking with tradition. I apologize for the long post, but I had much to express on this issue.