I retire from FFF

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

I retire from FFF

Post by epsy »

One year after the first FFF, as I was preparing to organize the next one, someone randomly came in and took it from my hands, without even talking to me at all. He claims it being a new tournament while keeping the name, and filled it up with the crap ladle settings are. I'm disgusted. I'll therefore stop bothering with FFF just as well as I stopped bothering with Ladle.

Thanks to whoever played the first FFF.
Last edited by epsy on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

This reminds me of this topic.
epsy wrote:Thanks to whoever played the first FFF.
yw :D
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Epsy..you shouldn't think of me as taking it from you...i haven't been opening the tourney i am running up to the wider community...just the limited Ww community. If you really are retiring, I may consider taking the place you filled. But epsy, I never intended to offend, or to take your place. Please do not be angry with me or offended!

I started this whole disaster of a discussion because I percieve a very real need to run a regular FFF Tournament. I never meant to provoke division, anger, frustration, and quite frankly the ire of the larger Tronic Community!

But this post is really addressed to Epsy personally. I am more concerned about his feelings than anybody else. Right now, I am more concerned with his frustration with this community, and with me, than any of you.

Dude, I am sorry, no offense was ever intended!

If fact, I have found myself, on several occasions, defending you and saying that "epsy is not a jerk! Quite frankly, I like you man! I really respect all the work that you have put into Armagetronad and would never mean to offend or minimize that work. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

You, as a developer, have taken the time from bug tracking, on several occasions, to stop in where i was playing, just to say hi. I totally respect that. I admire your ability to code. You may be less than half my age, but you have skillz that I admire and have never acquired! Also, you may act your age at times, but I think that you can be remarkably more mature than people my age! So, I say piss on anybody that wants to say anything bad about epsy! F them! They Suck!

I have seen your footprints all over the place in the Tronic World. If anybody would open their eyes, they'd see it too! Thank you for all of your highly skilled hard work!

In other words:
I am sorry if I have offended, Dude you Rawk!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: I retire from FFF

Post by sinewav »

I loved it. It was executed perfectly. The detail on the FFF website was really what made the difference. It's the event that turned my interest in Fort from curiosity to addiction.

I really don't see why there can't be two FFF tourneys. It's not like we are short of players right now.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

That was exactly my point Sine.wav! I think it would be best for the community to have 2 tourneys. Personally, I would think it best if the main one run by epsy, eventually, was the only one.
The only reason I am going to run a second one, is because some clans have asked me too.

I have no intention of doing that forever!

After a few runs of a small tourney...I intend to close it down, and if they want to continue to play, they can join the mainline FFF tourney!

That has been my goal all along!

Not to divide, in the long term, only in the short term.

BTW, I too thought the original fff website was awsome! I almost joined a team, but knew that my skillz were like nowhere.
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

DDMJ wrote:This reminds me of this topic.
LOL! Another one bites the dust!
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:I think it would be best for the community to have 2 tourneys.
Actually, I don't think that's best at all. I think it's a terrible idea, but there doesn't seem to be a better solution since you are determined to run a separate FFF. That's your prerogative though. I understand your intent, but I don't agree with it even thought I support your right to do so.

There seems to be enough players available for two smaller tournaments, but for each we rob the winner of some degree of fulfillment, since being the best of 6 teams isn't as rewarding as being the best of 12. Or, being the best "American" team isn't as rewarding as being "best in the world".
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, the winners of the two can always meet in an ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

And I thought I had forgotten (youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM) it forever.
yw
Last edited by owned on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

owned wrote:
epsy wrote:ube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM it forever.
FAIL
Z-Man wrote:...ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

What are you talking about?

I didn't edit it. Oo
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Ok, I am not absolutely locked into the idea of running a separate tournament. And, I absolutely agree that it would be best to run one, and only one tournament.

If we can agree to the same day: 2nd Sunday of the month..then I will tell those that want me to run a separate tournament to, in the words of my dearly departed mother "go pound salt".

The reason for that day is that many of the players that I have attracted to this Tourney can only participate on that day, as they have commitments to other tourneys every other Sunday. Saturdays are pretty much filled up with clan wars.

So, here's what I propose, we agree on a day. We run one tournament. Period. No baloney. Anybody objects, they don't have to sign up. I have promoted the heck out of the idea, and several clans have set up their own servers.

Epsy, you want to run one tourney, i will do what I can to fully support it.

Let's just do this thing...Every month...No Baloney!

I really think this could help to grow the Ladle, etc.

I don't want to be a "stick in the mud" or an idiot!

Alternatively, if epsy no longer wants to run fff, then I propose to create an organization to run fff, that I will found. I would, in that scenario still like to run only 1 fff tourney, and it be an international one.

I only wait to hear from epsy....
Concord

Post by Concord »

call it the spoon, make it every other week, I say
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

That could work...though i think monthly is enough..what do the rest of you think?
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

maybe bimonthly leading up to the bowl, but after that cut it back to 1 per month/2 months

but we really don't need to be flooded with competitions

i'm still for four team FFF