Open Ladle Team(s)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Open Ladle Team(s)

Post by Lackadaisical »

Every ladle there's always a bunch of people who aren't affiliated with any clan or team but who would like to play. This unorganized teamforming always gets a bit chaotic and tends to lead to rather unbalanced teams. So I thought it would be a good idea to try and just let anyone who doesnt have a team write down their name in this thread, and maybe we can form a couple of open teams which strike a good balance between veterans and newer people (or create the teams randomly).

So yeah, write down your name if you want to be in one of the open teams. Also open to suggestions of course.

List of people who want to play for an open team:
  • Lackadaisical
    bit7
    Ratchet
    Monkey
    Sithy
    k3nny
    Flex
    Phantom
Last edited by Lackadaisical on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
PlayerNub
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by PlayerNub »

Hello.

First of all I want to thank Lackadaisical, hoop, and every other tron player that made possible for all us, clanless/teamless people, to join an open team and participate in a decent competition like the Ladle.

Although I'm not a big contribution, I'd like to write down my name to join this team.

PlayerNuby

It would be my first Ladle, but I think I've trained enough fortress to have developed my own strategies.

Also, I'm not very sure about if I could play every single match, but I want, at least, participate as much as I can.

Waiting for a reply.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm in.
hoop
Round Winner

Post by hoop »

good idea Lack, I like it
atm matado core lists 6 players, and I'm waiting for the response of 2 others which are not sure they'll be able to play that day. So I'd wait a bit to decide what to do (12th Oct is still quite far). Whether I won't be able to collect enough players (about 10) and enough early, I'll be glad to join the random party ;)
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

You're fast, hoop, last time I checked it was just you. :) But yeah it seems like you've got quite a team already going, guess we'll have to see how this goes as well.

PlayerNub: Ladles are just a one evening thing (12th of October) so i do expect people to be able to play the whole thing (which, depending on how well we do can take up to 10.30 pm GMT). For now, I just put you on the list.
PlayerNub
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by PlayerNub »

All right. for now I'm free the 12th October, but I don't think it will take up to 10:30 pm, as I've just seen that the final match will take place at 9:00 UTC/GMT. If you are true, Lackadaisical, therefore I won't be able to play, as I'm free until 9:30 GMT.

And I hope we get along with MC, it would be a nice team ;)
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Ok sure, I can live with that PlayerNub.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I'll play... if you let..
I must tell you I lag horrendously and may not be the best player out there, but I'm willing to listen, and a ladle sounds fun :D
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

hoop wrote:good idea Lack, I like it
atm matado core lists 6 players, and I'm waiting for the response of 2 others which are not sure they'll be able to play that day. So I'd wait a bit to decide what to do (12th Oct is still quite far). Whether I won't be able to collect enough players (about 10) and enough early, I'll be glad to join the random party ;)
similar status from me
bit7

Post by bit7 »

I don't have play ladle games before, but i guess, it could be a new cool armagetron experience to play for an open team on 12th Oct. The idea is good. So please take me in your list Lackadaisical.

bit7 aka ubuntu user
PlayerNub
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by PlayerNub »

Lackadaisical wrote:Ok sure, I can live with that PlayerNub.
Just wanted to be sure :wink:
~|DS|~PhantoM~

Post by ~|DS|~PhantoM~ »

lol as im not gonna be playing ds fort i mite aswel join here :D
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Open Ladle Team(s)

Post by Ratchet »

Lackadaisical wrote:Every ladle there's always a bunch of people who aren't affiliated with any clan or team but who would like to play. This unorganized teamforming always gets a bit chaotic and tends to lead to rather unbalanced teams. So I thought it would be a good idea to try and just let anyone who doesnt have a team write down their name in this thread, and maybe we can form a couple of open teams which strike a good balance between veterans and newer people (or create the teams randomly).

So yeah, write down your name if you want to be in one of the open teams. Also open to suggestions of course.

List of people who want to play for an open team:
  • Lackadaisical
    PlayerNub
    sinewav
    bit7
    DS Phantom

I saw hoop already started Matado Core on the wiki, which was intended to be an open team as well, so maybe we can try and incorporate it?

guess that's a no? =x =(
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Sorry, missed it, adding it right now
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

For some reason lots of teams signed up, so there was only one spot left. This means we only need about 8+ people, so if you want to play and know you are available on the 12th of october, don't hesitate!

There seems to be a bit of overlap for some people who signed up though, for example sine.wav is on the list for matado core, and it also seems that DS has a team so i suspect phantom is going to play for them instead. (Please tell if this is somehow not true!)

Last but not least, the name of our team will be announced soon!