Thirteenth Tronic Ladle!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

can i edit the ladle pages and make them easier to edit?
since we can push down old results we should do the same for challange board, so we can keep the same page and everytime just push down and enter the new results. in this way we'll have Ladle/Results and Ladle/Challenge_Board instead of Ladle/10255/Results, Ladle_10256/Results and so on...
So, if you agree I wish to take care of it.

@K-Yo: the settings were intended to be standard fortress settings, but since z-man is developing new features for 0.2.8.3 version he proposed to use some of them. no setting has been used without the agreement of both teams captains.
END OF LINE
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

A pity nobody wanted score_hole :(
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I think it would be better if the Challengeboard remains 'fresh' with just the current stuff, and when the ladle is over the brackets (and maybe line ups as well?) should be moved to the Results page. Having all the feedback go through the forums instead of through both the forums and the wiki (which wasn't used anyways this time) would make it easier as well.
Either way, go ahead.
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

So, I made new pages and linked them in the blurb. It will be easy to switch back to previous situation if this is unliked.
Please Lack and others check how i intended it.

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... tition_Hub

With this solution you have only to change Ladle/Blurb and then push down challenge board, prepare a new table in Ladle/Challenge_Board and push down feedbacks in Ladle/Outcome.
It is faster and allows to search something in the whole feedbacks and previous enries very easily.

I'm finishing to copy feedbacks from old pages.

EDIT: Also we should decide some fixed servers. If server admins agree i would ask for: Z-Man's, DS Fortress, Wild West and the last could be Wrtl's, or maybe if CT could host one ad hoc, or another american server would be even better to keep par condicio.
END OF LINE
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

I'm happy to host a server for the ladles.

It would be nice if the server admins had a standard settings file, as there was in the afl. So all the servers were as identical as can be.
I noticed scoring was different than standard at Z-Mans Fortress. I have no objections to the new scoring sytems, I actually prefer it, but strategies could change based on the scoring.

Also, can you make sure at least one person with admin rights present at each match hopefully not necessary when Armathentication is implemented).
CT played DS at WildWest, but none of us had admin rights so arranging teams, kicking players, etc became annoying. Especially since both CT and DS both have servers of their own with admin rights.
But both of these servers weren't quite standard as they had no idea they were destined to be used in the ladle.
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

Rain wrote:@K-Yo: the settings were intended to be standard fortress settings
ed wrote:It would be nice if the server admins had a standard settings file, as there was in the afl. So all the servers were as identical as can be.
that is what I meant, it should appear in the guidelines since everything that isn't written in the rules doesn't have to be followed. :roll:
K-Yo
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

I think i'm with lack on the wiki. I just checked it however & what you've done is nice rain.

Although, to keep it 'fresh' you could just display the current challenge board BUT have links to the others underneath or somewhere; before you had to change the url to get the old challenge boards up.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

very efficient
rain
nice improvement

one thing:
the contents box seems too small for most of the ladle pages...
hold the line
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

kyle wrote:Well owend and Goodygumdrops should Either be banned also
How are you dragging me into this? I edited nothing besides my own team's name and roster.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

my bad WTF did i see.

oh well all done over with
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

@ hoax: i see your point, but when you open the page it is actually fresh, just do not scroll down too much :wink:

@ 2020: indeed i'll find a better solution.

EDIT: i thought about it some minutes more. it would be cleaner to have only actual challenge board in challenge board page, however i will try to keep it like it is and work on layout instead.
END OF LINE
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

ed wrote:Also, can you make sure at least one person with admin rights present at each match hopefully not necessary when Armathentication is implemented).
CT played DS at WildWest, but none of us had admin rights so arranging teams, kicking players, etc became annoying. Especially since both CT and DS both have servers of their own with admin rights.
I was wondering why Team 7 played Team 8 in WW, but then Team 1/2 played Team 3/4 in WW afterwards?

Also, can a Wiki admin actually lock the challenge board on the day of?
Infamous
Average Program

Post by Infamous »

Z-Man wrote:A pity nobody wanted score_hole :(
LOL luckily for us :D
Homer: Uh...it's like...did anyone see the movie "Tron"?
Dr. Hibbert: No.
Lisa: No.
Marge: No.
Wiggum: No.
Bart: No.
Patty: No.
Wiggum: No.
Ned: No.
Selma: No.
Prof. Frink: No.
Rev. Lovejoy: No.
Wiggum: Yes. I mean -- um, I mean, no. No, heh.
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

DDMJ wrote:I was wondering why Team 7 played Team 8 in WW, but then Team 1/2 played Team 3/4 in WW afterwards?
Par condicio?
END OF LINE