Thirteenth Tronic Ladle!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Hmm idk...Monkey, rain & legionnaire are always specing & they still suck :wink:

Hope to see you in Fort cafe sometime turtle

(an electric turtle must be really slow oO)
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

Hoax wrote:Hmm idk...Monkey, rain & legionnaire are always specing & they still suck :wink:
hmmm...
END OF LINE
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

whoever does the recording...
could you please set the recording on external camera
and also include the key-settings for camera manipulation?

on playback we can move the camera about
and perhaps record some bits of the games that are interesting
so we can produce some kind of vid...
may be my only useful contribution
BUT I NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT CAMERA KEYS
otherwise it is just a pain in the ass
hold the line
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

what are the right camera keys ? :D
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

one that match those of the recorder
whatever they are

any editor of the playback
needs to know what they are...
hold the line
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

i think the recording only register the action, not how it is seen. so your client keys should work in any recording. am i right? i am not sure.
END OF LINE
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The recording records the whole configuration and the actual keypresses. Otherwise they would not be debug recordings :) I typically make mine with a special client setup that uses only default settings (maybe no sparks).
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

While playing back the recording, just go to the camera input config to see the keys.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

aha
thanks durka...

so...
can we record with external view
and no keypresses throughout the recording?
(including no chat)
hold the line
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That's precisely how I do my recordings all of the time :) (except at the AFL final where I also was admin on a server that was not mine and there was no spot for two clients).
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

About the settings, should we use the AFL settings? They had no winzone and a slightly increased defense rate, so that 2 vs 2 would just not conquer the fortress.

I'm putting my server up with one more experimental setting, please test. It's the new FORTRESS_HELD_SCORE. You get five points for winning the round, and additional five points for holding your fortress. Those additional points are awarded only after two seconds (more if there are deaths), so you won't get them if the enemy gets your fortress just after you got his.

Also, it's using the new authentication code. Team leaders are encouraged to PM me passwords and usernames, you'll then be able to log in by saying "/login username@". You'll then be able to manage to enable your team members to play on your own by saying "/op <team member name>".

Don't worry, there is a fallback server with unmodified code in place to take over in case of problems.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

authentication code...?
ooo...
where's the info on this?
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

rain:
is there a reason why there is no continuity between quarters and semi's wrt servers...?

the original idea
was that the challenge board allowed captains to jostle for position
to locate their team wrt other teams
and wrt servers...
hold the line
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

2020 wrote:authentication code...?
ooo...
where's the info on this?
here and there:
http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=18176
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... or_Players

About the server shuffling, I'd say it is to make sure nobody has to play on that one server that is oh so laggy all of the time in two matches of the tournament. That is, unless Team 1 or 2 make it to the final :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

By now, Tank has completed the installation of the authentication script on the forum. That means you'll be able to log in with your forum account, under one condition: you need to log out of here and log in again. That's because the database needs to store your password in another form. To log in, just say "/login forums", wait for the prompt password (it should come during the next round break, can't be earlier because of the debug recordings the server constantly makes). There, enter your username here and your password. Your client will auto-rename you to match your username, but you can revert that without losing the login. Some random people have already been declared team leaders with the special powers of /lock and /invite (see the wiki article from the last post). You can also /op your team members if you like, but there is no beneficial effect of that any more.

My servers will go offline starting about 24 hours from now because of electric work here at the institute (again). Power should be up again Saturday evening, I'll try to fight my way through the boozed crowd (Carnival is hell around here...) on Sunday morning/afternoon to put it back up. Edit: false alarm, that will be next week. I was wondering what electricity company would work on this weekend.