Breakfast Tourney This Weekend

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

eggcozy
Average Program

Breakfast Tourney This Weekend

Post by eggcozy »

Ok, this is tentatively how I'll do it.

For funsies, I'll do an unorganized group of singles matches (If enough people want to play). Each match will last for 40 minutes, with no match point limit (edit: i forgot that you could limit times on the server, and that it ends during a round when the time is up. )
I will keep track of points because of the occasional lag out, and server drop. Don't complain if you get dropped and lose by a point, this is just for fun, and just a test really. We all know how shaky my server is, so I'll try to handle all problems democratically.

M1 Sunday 5:35ishPM PST / ???AM(monday) GMT
  • Players: locutus, eggcozy, diggin, Kyle, Misery, 2+2=5
M2 Sunday ??PM PST / ??AM(mon) GMT
  • Players:
M3 Sunday night ???AM(Monday) PST / ???AM(mon) GMT
  • Players:
I WILL EDIT THIS THREAD BEFORE THE MATCHES WITH THE SERVER NAME, AND ILL LIST ALL PLAYERS THAT CLAIM A TIME IN THIS THREAD.

SERVER_NAME
Ok, custom connect is needed.
ip: 24.24.143.172
port: 4534

I ALSO MIGHT EDIT THE TIMES OF THE MATCHES IF SOMETHING COMES UP. I'LL NEVER MAKE THEM SOONER, I'LL ONLY POSTPONE THEM. CHECK HERE BEFORE MATCH TIME TO DOUBLE CHECK.

You can only play one of these matches, minimum of 4 players for a match, max of 6. If less than 4 show up, the match is canceled or posponed.
Top 2 players in each of M1, M2, M3 will play a final match at an undetermined time.

All of this may change, and I'll add more if I think of something. This is all just an experiment, and we can all just play it by ear. Post requests or suggestions if you got em.

FYI, Breakfast will not be served during the matches.[/b]
Last edited by eggcozy on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

ill play in the early sunday match
Lucifer
Project Developer

Is this the DBers vs Non-DBers?

Post by Lucifer »

If so, I probably shouldn't play because I'd only make *their* case. ;)

IN any case, if there's a shortage of players, I can probably play in the late Sunday match, the one for 12am PST Sunday Night(monday morning). You can schedule N+1 for that one, and if you get enough besides me I don't mind ducking out. My shedule's fscked right now anyway. ;)
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

put me down for whenever. I will check this thread and see when I play. 8)

edit: I have to go to work tonight so i can't play. sorry.. :cry:
Last edited by Speedracer on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Post by Seleucus »

Alagan and i are available sunday evenings, like past 730 EST, btw is that this sunday, as in today? still doable for us i think i will have to call alagan and check.

-Seleucus
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

Seleucus wrote:Alagan and i are available sunday evenings, like past 730 EST, btw is that this sunday, as in today? still doable for us i think i will have to call alagan and check.
Yeah that's today seleucus. Do you two want to play in a singles match as part of this pseudo-tourney, or do you two want to play a separate team match?

I think I can move around the time for the last two matches, currently, 8pmEST and 3am(monday morning) EST
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

So based on the first try, we need to do custom connect. I'm not fast and good enough at changing around settings on the server fast enough for a listed server.

Look at the first post in this thread for the connect info.

for the 5:15pst/8:15est match, we have locutus, eggcozy, diggin, Kyle, Misery and we can have one other.

Please confirm you are in .. pretty please :-)
2+2=5

Post by 2+2=5 »

can i play please
diggin

I'm in!

Post by diggin »

in in in in in in in in...

gee... do i sound like i'm excited?
.....::||we go quietly into the air... then we return with loudness unsurpassed... then, the beginning||||||||
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

This is getting frustrating. The server still shows up in the master list. I set it to not talk to the master server, but it seems like it still is, even when I change the name of the server, the server name is changed in master list.

If anyone knows of a solution that would be cool
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Hmmm, is it possible to connect in spectator mode so we can watch, and possibly heckle between rounds? ;)

On another note, I just restarted the armagetronad server on my computer, apparently I need to fix some settings 'cause it keeps shutting down when players don't connect. ;( Anyways, for those of you wanting a Breakfast fix, or to warm up for tourney, my server's available again. Sorry for any inconvenience, but I have noticed it getting a fair bit of traffic since I put it up. ;)
k
Random Identifier & Project Developer

Post by k »

Make sure DEDICATED_IDLE is set to 0 in settings.cfg to keep the server from exiting after it is idle for a while.
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Post by Seleucus »

sorry, stuff came up, and we can't play tonight, sorry

-Seleucus
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

k wrote:Make sure DEDICATED_IDLE is set to 0 in settings.cfg to keep the server from exiting after it is idle for a while.
It's set. Maybe there's another problem? Is there a log somewhere I can look at?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out. ;) I still have a /etc/armagetron directory from when I had mandrake's package of armagetron installed, and the setting there was correct, but not in the /etc/armagetronad directory. ;) Should be fixed now.
Last edited by Lucifer on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

Ok, here are the results of match one.

After a very rocky start trying to get the game going without the general public joining, we had a successful first match with 5 players ... or was it 4 ..;)

I'll host a 2nd match if enough people post here for it.
7pm PST maybe?
Attachments
Match 1
Match 1