Loading code hacks

The Sty server, let us know your thoughts, suggestions...

Moderator: the pig

Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Loading code hacks

Post by Ranchin »

I dont get the whole loading code hacks thing and I need help all the way from the beginning on the pig patches
:pacman: :bdot: :bdot: :bdot: :bdot:
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=Sty
That's as far from the beginning as possible without teaching you how to boot up your OS and enter commands :)
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

I dont get it i dowloaded bazaar and i didnt open and i dont know where to open it that is all i need :?:
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Umm, I don't understand at all what you're saying there. Could you tell us exactly what you already did, including the OS you are using?

Of course, alongside bazaar, you'll also need compilation tools. On Unix, you'll need autoconf+automake and gcc and zthread for smooth armathentication, on Windows, you'll need code::blocks, on OSX XCode. Python would be required for all of them.
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

So i need gcc python code::blocks and wat else and OS????????
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... evelopment

With the exception that we use bazaar instead of subversion nowadays, that page should still help you quite a bit.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

The link to download code::blocks isnt working and i t=yed to dowload python24 before and it didnt work :?: Can anyone give me a link to download a GCC C++ compiler
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

We need precise errors if we're supposed to get anywhere. Which download link does not work? What error did you get when you installed python? And what Operating System are you using (we're assuming Windows)?
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

Yes i have WINDOWS and python said it couldnt find that python version and all i need is a C++ compiler.So, can anyone give me a link to a good C++ compiler they used
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ranchin wrote:python said it couldnt find that python version
What? That does not make sense at all. Could we see a screenshot?
Ranchin wrote:and all i need is a C++ compiler.
No, you also need an IDE, code::blocks to be specific. You can download a version with a fitting C++ compiler included. Where is that broken link you talked about?
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

NVM on the broken link can you give me links to download python a C++compiler and code::blocks plz.Thanks Z-Man
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Oh, I don't know. Sometimes the greatest discoveries are the ones you discover for yourself.

*AHEM* GOOGLE (hint, hint)

....Oh yeah. There is this other nifty site that we downloaded Armagetron Advanced from. Something called... Ummm.... *Cough* Sourceforge *Cough*
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ranchin wrote:NVM on the broken link can you give me links to download python a C++compiler and code::blocks plz.Thanks Z-Man
No. Look, you said one (of our) links is broken. I could not find which one. If I just give you a correct link, the next time someone wants to do the same as you, he'll stumble across the same problem, and that massively sucks. So first, point us to the broken link, then we can give you a correct one.
Ranchin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Ranchin »

No the broken link wasnt on this site it was on gcc.org and it wouldn't load this one link so it wasn't on here. So can you give me any links to a C++ compiler python and code::blocks. Im just letting you know it wasnt on here
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ah, well, then, the links you're looking for are all on the page Lucifer linked to :)