WTF happened to sty ball

The Sty server, let us know your thoughts, suggestions...

Moderator: the pig

Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

Tried that - doesn't seem to be working either T__T
"I've played Pagan Pac-Man - it goes 'Wicca Wicca Wicca Wicca...' " - Tom Servo, Unknown MSTer.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's not about whether it's working or not. Only your public IP appears in the master logs, so I need to know it to look up your server in there.
Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

That should be 82.169.13.106
"I've played Pagan Pac-Man - it goes 'Wicca Wicca Wicca Wicca...' " - Tom Servo, Unknown MSTer.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, ok, something indeed seems to be wrong with your port forwarding or firewall settings. The master server can't get through to your server. I suggest you double check that indeed, UDP port 4534 is forwarded to your server's IP (that would be the LAN IP given earlier) and are not blocked.
Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

Heh. it seems to get stuck either Polling, or 'Unreachable' - hmz. While i -am- looking at it beeing present in the server list, twice.

what IP Adress do i make my router forward, anyway? The server's, the public, or what?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Nicoletta wrote:what IP Adress do i make my router forward, anyway? The server's, the public, or what?
The forward target should be set to your server's LAN address. The one starting with 192.168.
Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

Does it matter that i have two computers connected to the router?

They both seem to have the same public IP adress. >.>

I suspect the problem stems from both my pc's trying to connect to the game through the same IP - one serving and one trying to play. Or something.

I'm an utter NOOB here. >.<
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Nicoletta wrote:Does it matter that i have two computers connected to the router?
Nope. As long as the port(s) are being to forwarded from your router to the server pc and not the client machine.
Nicoletta wrote:They both seem to have the same public IP adress. >.>
That's right. Your router uses NAT (Network Address Translation) to allow more than one computer to connect to the internet using a single public ip address.
Nicoletta wrote:I suspect the problem stems from both my pc's trying to connect to the game through the same IP - one serving and one trying to play. Or something.
This will work fine as long as you have you network configured correctly.
Nicoletta wrote:I'm an utter NOOB here. >.<
you're getting there :)
smoothice
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by smoothice »

Z-Man wrote:
ed wrote:You really want to open this can o' worms? :)
Thinking again, no :) I'll leave this interesting task to the brave people porting styball to zones v2.
:roll: Heehee...It might be a while longer before I/we whatever get to styball whatsoever.
Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

okay, something should've changed now. I used to see two entries for my server's public IP - '82.169.13.106' got two different entries for port 4534 and 4535.

Now i'm only seeing the entry for port 4535, wich it scans for ages and then shows as unreachable...

>.> What's goin' on here?

(i want to see this as progress... )

Just a thought, though - i've been trying to monitor the actual game by logging into the game as a LAN game from the box i'm using as server. Does this cause problems if i'm trying to host it as a public game ?
AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Post by AI Teâm »

Back To Topic:
if someone can give me the styball settings , i think i can host a styball server!!
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

If you have a co of sty or sty+ct look in the examples folder for configs of the original styball. Something like

INCLUDE config/examples/settings_pig_sty_ball.cfg

should do it.
If you're after Chico's break boost styball, the map is here somewhere. And if you want the original settings I can dig them out for you. The current version runs using a script.
AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Post by AI Teâm »

ok big TY

the servers name is -=Prutopolis=- -=Styball=-
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Nicoletta wrote:okay, something should've changed now. I used to see two entries for my server's public IP - '82.169.13.106' got two different entries for port 4534 and 4535.
Sorry, that just means you had two servers running at once at a time. Neither of them ever was reachable by my master. I kind of wonder how they made it to your internet server browser then, though.
Nicoletta wrote:Just a thought, though - i've been trying to monitor the actual game by logging into the game as a LAN game from the box i'm using as server. Does this cause problems if i'm trying to host it as a public game ?
No, that shouldn't be a problem.
Nicoletta
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nicoletta »

Z-Man wrote:
Nicoletta wrote:okay, something should've changed now. I used to see two entries for my server's public IP - '82.169.13.106' got two different entries for port 4534 and 4535.
Sorry, that just means you had two servers running at once at a time. Neither of them ever was reachable by my master. I kind of wonder how they made it to your internet server browser then, though.
No, no, i did not. Even when starting the dedicated server from a fresh reboot it would consistantly show as opening those two ports on my other computer, through the internet game list.

Eh well. Soldiering on... XD

Very glad to see two styball servers up right now, though :) been giving them a whirl and MAN am i out of practice.
Either way... Momma? I'm home ! :D
Last edited by Nicoletta on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.