IRC-web chat

Something busted with it? Give a shout.
Uzix
On Lightcycle Grid

IRC-web chat

Post by Uzix »

I suggest to add link to web chat in navigation menu. That's it: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=a ... MTE9MjQ255
Also it can be iframe'd

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=armagetron&uio=MTE9MjQ255" width="647" height="400"></iframe>
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: IRC-web chat

Post by Z-Man »

We have that on the Wiki on a page linked to from the FAQ and even on the new Help submenu on 0.4 clients. IMHO, the web chat interface is too clumsy to give it more exposure. It's OK to point people towards if they need help, but that's about it.

What does the uio parameter do?
Uzix
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Uzix »

Z-Man wrote:We have that on the Wiki on a page linked to from the FAQ and even on the new Help submenu on 0.4 clients. IMHO, the web chat interface is too clumsy to give it more exposure. It's OK to point people towards if they need help, but that's about it.
What do you mean by "too clumsy"? Nice ascetic interface that contains all needed for chat and nothing else :)
Z-Man wrote:What does the uio parameter do?
IMO that's look'n'feel setting which got by link creation master ("Add webchat to your site" entry in main menu).
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's fine if all you know is web chat, but it is held back by the fact that it is web chat. I don't mind the simplicity, but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper IRC client when it comes to usability (i.e. if you click anywhere in the page, the input line loses input focus) and reliability (last I checked).