friendly main page-proposal

Something busted with it? Give a shout.
arilou
Average Program

Re: friendly main page-proposal

Post by arilou »

xxxxxxx
Last edited by arilou on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with a foolish grin is keeping perfectly still" --- Billy Shears
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

I think you have the wrong topic http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 1&start=45 is the one about Tr2n.
You've gone too far, turn back!
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

But the timing to dig this topic is just perfect ;)
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Although destiny is obviously not going to continue her work, I'm definitely in favor of doing some major overhaul of the main site.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Me too. Remember that trailer someone produced last year or so? We should totally have that on our site, shows the game better than a thousand screenshots shown in rapid succession. Err. Argued myself into a corner there. Definitely, Video > Text.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote:Remember that trailer someone produced last year or so?
This one?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:This one?
Yup.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Z-Man wrote:Me too. Remember that trailer someone produced last year or so? We should totally have that on our site, shows the game better than a thousand screenshots shown in rapid succession. Err. Argued myself into a corner there. Definitely, Video > Text.
Bahahahahahahaha.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote:
sinewav wrote:This one?
Yup.
If you need it, I have a slightly higher quality version here --> (121mb AVI)
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

I'd just like to add I'm much more comfortable with Lackadaisical and Tank's tastes than whoever designed the TR2N site, which I'm not fond of at all.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Concord wrote:I'd just like to add I'm much more comfortable with Lackadaisical and Tank's tastes than whoever designed the TR2N site, which I'm not fond of at all.
I can understand your viewpoint here. But, for all your principles, the target market has different opinions I have found with some rather informal market research. I really think that in the long haul, the two games are really not chasing the same people, only some of the same. Every criticism you can make about the TR2N site has a similar, but different criticism that can be made about the Arma site...Touche.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Z-Man wrote:Me too. Remember that trailer someone produced last year or so? We should totally have that on our site, shows the game better than a thousand screenshots shown in rapid succession. Err. Argued myself into a corner there. Definitely, Video > Text.
I see Lacka already put it on his beta site layout (or was it there all the time? :/) - the vid should be put on Vimeo though, YT menus look horrible :P
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

compguygene wrote:
Concord wrote:I'd just like to add I'm much more comfortable with Lackadaisical and Tank's tastes than whoever designed the TR2N site, which I'm not fond of at all.
I can understand your viewpoint here. But, for all your principles, the target market has different opinions I have found with some rather informal market research. I really think that in the long haul, the two games are really not chasing the same people, only some of the same. Every criticism you can make about the TR2N site has a similar, but different criticism that can be made about the Arma site...Touche.

good point
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Anyway, I'd like to volunteer to make/maintain the site and find some people to help me with that (I recall there being a couple of volunteers in the previous threads about arma's web presence) But I would need some space and access to work with.
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

I agree with this only because the new armaunified style on the forums is a light coloured background and tr2n's is a darker style. I have always had a preference for reading black on white than white on black.

Side-note: Firefox accepts tr2n as a real word/spelled correctly, yet does not accept armagetron. This is strange to me.
You've gone too far, turn back!