friendly main page-proposal

Something busted with it? Give a shout.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: friendly main page-proposal

Post by compguygene »

Van-hayes wrote:
Concord wrote:I'd just like to add I'm much more comfortable with Lackadaisical and Tank's tastes than whoever designed the TR2N site, which I'm not fond of at all.
I agree with this only because the new armaunified style on the forums is a light coloured background and tr2n's is a darker style. I have always had a preference for reading black on white than white on black.

Side-note: Firefox accepts tr2n as a real word/spelled correctly, yet does not accept armagetron. This is strange to me.
I would like to say, I really think that the Armaunified style seems to fit the culture here, and the target market. For those who haven't seen my TheServerPharm forums, I also use a very light colored style that is easy on the eye.

In researching issues regarding marketing Tr2nOrigins, I have found a number of other projects using tr2n, and a google adword is rather inexpensive for tr2n.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Heh, I initially pushed for a light on dark scheme :)

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/downloa ... &mode=view
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

See the problem I have with light on dark is that it makes it hard to read, for some reason it is like double vision with a lot of the words in that example. I actual love the look of that mock up, I just can't read it without closing one eye and pounding a bottle of Advil.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Lack, ping me about managing the site in about 3 weeks after exams finish.
(void*)0
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by (void*)0 »

all this talk about user friendly: this is what I think about user friendly: to have a download&install button on the armagetron main page, and once you hit that button, you go straight through the whole installation and configuration process right up to the Server Browser List doing nothing else but clicking the OK button / hitting the Enter key all the way down.
(void*)0
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by (void*)0 »

Van-hayes wrote:Side-note: Firefox accepts tr2n as a real word/spelled correctly, yet does not accept armagetron. This is strange to me.
I think it's just that Firefox doesn't check on words with digits.