The Wiki will be down soon

Something wrong with it? Got an idea for it? Post here.

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

The Wiki will be down soon

Post by Lucifer »

First, um, tank? Can we get a category for "The Armagetronad Network", for all the resources we control? The wiki, resource repo, these forums, etc....

Second,

The wiki will be down sometime in the next couple of days and will return after that, possibly after a couple of days. Depends on how long it takes me to finish up the Gentoo installation.

I've done all I can to install Gentoo without rebooting into it and just getting everything working some more. After I get it booted and running with a desktop and stuff, I can go back to Mandriva for a little while longer while I finish setting everything else up. Then reboot, more testing, and hopefully finish. So there is another planned but not scheduled downtime sometime after this one.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I think creating a forum for the resource repo and aabeta can wait until there's more doing. Same with the master server and our as of yet non-existent tracker/scm.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Tonight, the wiki will be down for an unspecified amount of time tonight. Also the test drupal thing. Obviously. My website, too, if anybody cares. :)

- Iron Maiden
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Lucifer wrote:Tonight, the wiki will be down for an unspecified amount of time tonight.
Looks like mainly spammers, reverters and banners care about it (from an editing-is-all-that-matters standpoint). Not much legitimate activity. :(
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

You've been living in a cave, Jonathan? I thought there weren't any caves in the Netherlands...

- Iron Maiden
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Maybe it's that I'm just following the feed and only get notified of changes if the reader doesn't remember the page (i.e. if a page was recently changed and still in the list, and it's changed again, it won't be marked as new).
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Hmmmm..... You know, it's not like it gets hundreds of edits a day. :) I suspect people read it more than write in it, though. In which case, it might be nice to know it's down for a little while.

Anyway, looks liked I forgot to emerge sshd when I had the thing on a network cable. Heh. Otherwise, it's looking good.

- Iron Maiden