Upgrading the wiki

Something wrong with it? Got an idea for it? Post here.

Moderator: Lucifer

Lucifer
Project Developer

Upgrading the wiki

Post by Lucifer »

Ok, since Z-man brought this up in a different thread, and some work was needed, well, I figured I'd do the work and start this thread.

First, the upgrade. Z-man said he was going to upgrade to 1.27. Is that correct, Z-man? I hope so, because I made the old armagetronad skin (newly renamed to ArmagetronLegacy) work with mediawiki 1.27. It's marked as requires >= 1.25, though. I checked, and we're still on 1.23.

The old armagetronad just wasn't going to work with 1.27. I really had to basically start from scratch, but here's a screenshot:
Screenshot_20180524_192006.png
I don't have any cleanup or anything to do. What I've done instead, is that in the web project, I've renamed the directories under themes/wiki so they just match what mediawiki is expecting. You could symlink to them from the webroot (that's how I developed them).

So, the current theme has been updated, with a few itches scratched that I had (so probably will make somebody mad, but I fixed some of the outstanding problems I was having, so hey!), and works with mediawiki 1.27. For that, we're clear to upgrade.

I'm going to look into bringing dlh's extensions over into the themes project, but I don't want to build a git-bzr bridge. He's not in irc anymore, anybody know where we can find him to wake him up?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Upgrading the wiki

Post by compguygene »

Just checking on how things are going, Lucifer. There is some interest in more tournaments and I would like to capitalize on that to try to get people actually playing the game again. I have some servers up on VPS's that have Anti-DDOS protection, so things can go smoother. I just await the wiki working again.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

compguygene wrote:Just checking on how things are going, Lucifer. There is some interest in more tournaments and I would like to capitalize on that to try to get people actually playing the game again. I have some servers up on VPS's that have Anti-DDOS protection, so things can go smoother. I just await the wiki working again.
Still waiting for the motivation to update dlh's extensions, and for z-man to upgrade the wiki software. ;) The second part depends on the first part.

- Iron Maiden
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Ok, Lucifer. Repeat after me, as if I were a Jedi using the force. "I am motivated to update DLH's extensions to bring life back to the game that I love and have contributed to."
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I'll mail you some motivation Lucifer. You should get it in a couple of days. :)
Playing since December 2006
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

True motivation is from inner spirit! Yall can do it!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Actually, we talked about it.

Long story short: nag zman.

- Iron Maiden
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Thank you for the info. We will now deploy troops to nag Z-man into submission.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm bugged, I'm bugged!

Back from vacation, alone for now. The girls only arrive back on Friday, meaning that once I got the house admin stuff out of the way, I should have one or two long evenings available without interruptions. Might work.