DNS Change and move to new host

Something wrong with it? Got an idea for it? Post here.

Moderator: Lucifer

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: DNS Change and move to new host

Post by Z-Man »

It's only sort of a cache: Pages including templates are supposed to be updated by jobs running in a queue. The mechanism for that changed twice recently, once for 1.22 and again for 1.23. It's not working now :( Jobs get added to the queue, but never processed, not even if you do what is supposed to trigger a manual processing. Mediawiki 1.21 works fine in that environment. Oh well, problem identified is problem half solved.

And yeah, in that environment, INF == 0. Fun. There are a couple of other uses of INF, I'll patch them out.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: DNS Change and move to new host

Post by Z-Man »

Heh. That was fun. In the "I learned so many things I never wanted to know" way. What's odd about this var_dump output?

Code: Select all

string(16) "htmlCacheUpdate"
The job error boiled down to a database format problem. I guess the various dumps, restores, moves and upgrades took their toll. The job table had its string columns set to a multibyte format, which had the effect that PHP would not get the same strings out as it put in, which had the effect that it did not recognize its own job types any more (WHY??? Double why. Why did it get them out technically differently, and why did it matter?). I had an error message to google:

Code: Select all

Exception from line 85 of includes/jobqueue/Job.php: Invalid job command `htmlCacheUpdate`
But the search came up blank. So I suppose I was alone. I'm leaving the error here for the next victim :) Hey you: you need to edit the database definition and change mw_job.job_cmd to latin1_bin.

I'm attaching the applied patch for future use.

Any further errors and oddities, do give a shout.
Attachments
mediawiki_inf.patch.zip
INF avoidance patch
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 351 times