Wiki security breach (Important, read this)

Something wrong with it? Got an idea for it? Post here.

Moderator: Lucifer

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Wiki security breach (Important, read this)

Post by compguygene »

Next week is the Third High Rubber Tilt. I am gonna toss up a quick Wordpress Site to manage it. I picked up the domain trontourneys.info and it costs me nothing to host wordpress sites on subdomains of that. So, the tilt will end up being tilt.trontourneys.info. When I have the tilt site and the trontourneys.info site up, more info will be posted there.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Nice going compguygene!!! ;)
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Phytotron wrote:I forget what password I made for the wiki. :/ Once it's back up will I be able to access a "forgot my password" dealio, or...? (Actually, I'm not entirely sure what email I used, either. Der.)
Yes, you can still use the forgot password link.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Er. Is it possible I created an account without setting an email for it? (I tried entering email addresses in there too, and got the same.)
Attachments
Picture 1.png
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

yes quite possible that was not implemented until recently. I actually added mine a few months ago as I kept almost forgetting my password.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

No, valid emails are required since a few months. You need to activate them (the system sends you a mail and you need to click on the provided link) before you can edit pages.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:No, valid emails are required since a few months. You need to activate them (the system sends you a mail and you need to click on the provided link) before you can edit pages.
Hmm, it wasn't all that long ago I created that account, and I don't recall getting an activation email (and did edit a few things). I would have kept it on file if I had, however—here's the problem—the (web-based) email that I'm fairly certain I used for registering there is now completely wiped. I don't know what happened, and I can't seem to locate a support link on the dang website. :x I just received a Pandora email on it today, so apparently it's still working, but, I don't know. Fortunately, it was just a side email, just for this kind of internet stuff, but still.

And no, I didn't use the same password for the wiki as for that email account.