Where did home go?

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

madmax
Round Winner

Where did home go?

Post by madmax »

Ok... hmm... where is Bugfarm Fortress? Quick holidays? Some rest? Neither? :|
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Z-man went on some seminar and is expected to be back tonight IIRC. Probably something happened to bugfarm in that time and noone's there to fix it.
There's no place like ::1
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

For an OS upgrade, all computers at the institute were restarted yesterday and we were only informed of that on Monday, which I didn't notice because institute mail is inaccessible from the seminar location (or I was too stupid). Plus, the upgrade made the partition the servers live on invisible again. It'll be some hours before I can bring them up again.
flea
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by flea »

so it was just a kernel upgrade, not a kernel32 upgrade. right? lol

we want to see the farm back again. woot
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I don't know what did get updated, but the process involves flattening the system partition and reinstalling the whole system. It doesn't take long and I assume it is easier to administer than a partial upgrade. Our regular user data sits on a server somewhere else, but the Armad data is on a special partition on only my pc, and the link to that partition is lost on this occasion; the sysadmin has to restore it. Of course, that happened by now, but I still won't bring the server up on that PC. My main concern right now is the performance, and my home server is much better suited to spot problems there.