Downtime this weekend

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Downtime this weekend

Post by Z-Man »

The PCs at our institute will be down over an extended period this weekend; that means the two Bugfarm servers and the Ladle server won't be available.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It's not yet the scheduled time when everything should be back up, but it is. So I restarted the servers. No guarantees they'll stay online the whole day, though.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Err, another downtime currently in process. I let the OS upgrade itself and it forgot the partition the servers reside on. I don't think it got deleted, but the sysadmin needs to restore it and he's not here now. Sorry, this may take a while.
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

I put auto team balancing back on CT Battle fortress,
also included CYCLE_RUBBER_WALL_SHRINK 2.5 so now it's pretty much a clone of Bigfarm, without a few of the newer features.
you will need 0.2.8.2 (or a close alpha) to play there.

I think "The Lords of Destruction" also have a clone with a very fast connection, but they do like to experiment with settings, so I can't confirm it's cloness.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

ed wrote:also included CYCLE_RUBBER_WALL_SHRINK 2.5 so now it's pretty much a clone of Bigfarm
Uh, you sure about this? This will make walls shrink a staggering 12.5 metres as you use up your rubber, giving a skilled defender a almost undefeatable advantage. Remember, amount the wall shrinks = CYCLE_RUBBER * CYCLE_RUBBER_WALL_SHRINK, so the value you're looking for is probably 0.5 ;)
you will need 0.2.8.2 (or a close alpha) to play there.
Set CYCLE_RUBBER_WALL_SHRINK_OVERRIDE to 0 if you wanna let older clients in, they will experience some simulation inaccuracies when hitting their trail but it won't be too bad.
There's no place like ::1
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Thanks wrtl. Every day's a school day.

I have made the changes you suggested. Thought I'd put them on wild while I was at it.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I just realized that the HUD map I made (not sure about what's in the game at the moment) probably can't handle shrinking walls (a feature not there when it was written). It won't be very noticeable in general, but it'd be good to implement properly.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Servers are back up. I'll try not do to anything silly this weekend, with the Ladle and all.

Jonathan: thanks for the reminder, it's taken care of (for 0.3.1). It's just a different function to call now to get the wall length.