JUMBO Sumo

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

JUMBO Sumo

Post by DDMJ »

Durka/sumo/jumbo-3.aamap.xml

Code: Select all

FORTRESS_CONQUERED_SCORE 840
LIMIT_ROUNDS 20
LIMIT_SCORE 20000
LIMIT_TIME 40
SCORE_KILL 420
SCORE_SUICIDE -420
SCORE_WIN 840
TEAM_MAX_PLAYERS 1
TEAMS_MAX 12

12 player sumo mayhem! The spawn points have been tested and seem pretty fair. The server is currently hosted in New York but will be moved to Philadelphia soon and a clone may be put up in France.

Comments and criticism are welcome!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Re: JUMBO Sumo

Post by Clutch »

I predict huge lag, but it should be fun :D
Boxed
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Yea I was thinking of maybe taking away the spawns at the north, east, south, and west sides and limiting it to just 8 players.
Tremor
Average Program

Post by Tremor »

I was in there today and it was pretty crazy. I turned one direction and there was already like 4 people taking up that space so i turned another and likewise.

You really have to secure space even faster in normal sumo and really hold it or you will end up with nothing and just dying fast.

But it was pretty fun and good test of reflexes like sumo should be but harder since its Jumbo!
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Also note that the zone is much bigger than the standard sumo zone of radius 40. JUMBO's zone is radius 60 and shrinks at a rate of 0.5 (growth="-0.5") which is the same shrink rate as teamsumo's and a little faster than that of standard sumo (growth="-0.4").
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Tremor wrote:You really have to secure space
Dump cores!
Concord

Post by Concord »

sumo takes another evolutionary step towards last man standing.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Tremor wrote:You really have to secure space even faster in normal sumo and really hold it or you will end up with nothing and just dying fast.
Trust Durka to make a server where you have to camp, how lame.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Those last two posts were kind of contradictory...
Looks like fun.
CruZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by CruZ »

heh could be funny .... "Anthill Sumo" might fit better as server name :D

-CruZ
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

My FPS dropped majorly in this server and everything was skipping for me, I'd like to think I have a pretty good laptop, so it didn't make sense to me. Anyone else had that problem? Other than that it was neato fun!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

This is a very good variation of Sumo, and I'd like to see it get more popular. However, it clearly can't handle that many people. Maybe try with 8 max and see? Of course, then the score needs to change for fewer players...
INW

Post by INW »

vogue wrote:My FPS dropped majorly in this server and everything was skipping for me, I'd like to think I have a pretty good laptop, so it didn't make sense to me. Anyone else had that problem? Other than that it was neato fun!
Well you are euro vogue so that server is probably like Empha's team sumo bar for americans...you just arent used to the lag...come on...admin it... ^^ (:

Anyway, my opinion is that if it had "normal" scoring instead of scores multiplied by 1,000,000,000 then it would be better...seeing the scores in the thousands...i dont know how many kills i need to be on top...most people can add 60 and 90 and 20 and 15 points together and get a general idea of how many points for the win but when the points are by "odd" numbers in the triple digits....it makes me feel like im stupid. :/
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

admit* 5.0 gpa....

I like the scoring and I like playing in the server it's fun the only problem is it lags with a lot of ppl playing.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:Anyway, my opinion is that if it had "normal" scoring instead of scores multiplied by 1,000,000,000 then it would be better...it makes me feel like im stupid. :/
You're not stupid. No one here could be expected to visualize the scoring in Jumbo Sumo. However, there is a reason why it's like that. The zone scores need to be divided amongst 12 players. To make it work, you need to find the LCM (least common multiple) of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,&12. Make sense now? Most people don't consider the reasoning behind this stuff, but it's important.

:D And I rather like the high scores. I come from a video game era where scores matter, and high scores rule!

<old man rant> You youngsters can't appreciate the desire to reach 20,000 points so you can get an extra life and squeeze out a few more seconds of play from that quarter you put in your favorite machine, the quarter that was part of the money you got from mowing your neighbor's huge lawn in 95°F heat for 3 hours.</old man rant>