JUMBO Sumo

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: JUMBO Sumo

Post by Phytotron »

<old man rant> You youngsters can't appreciate the desire to reach 20,000 points so you can get an extra life and squeeze out a few more seconds of play from that quarter you put in your favorite machine, the quarter that was part of the money you got from mowing your neighbor's huge lawn in 95°F heat for 3 hours.</old man rant>
:D :stubble: :pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :bdot: :sdot: :sdot: :ghost:

, and Defender.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote:To make it work, you need to find the LCM (least common multiple) of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,&12. Make sense now? Most people don't consider the reasoning behind this stuff, but it's important.
I knew there was something behind it but didnt realize how "complex" it was. Good point sinewav.
Last edited by Z-Man on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate personal attack on LucK.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

840 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10, which is good enough. 27,720 is the LCM of 1-11, but I figured that that was a bit overboard.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Another Sumo server that makes a lot of fun. Its just crazy, you are in a zone with 11 other players, and if you only have 1/6 space of the zone, you could still win the round.

Gameplay: 10/10

The Score settings are also very good, and LIMIT_SCORE is good. If you are 2nd and you have 12k points, and the 1st 15k, you can still win, cause if you survive perfectly and kill 1-3, you get 3k or more points.

Scoring: 10/10

Even i had no lag issues, my ping was around ~180 or less. Thats very good in my opinion, cause as you know, my Wlan is wooden.

Fps/Lag issues: 10/10
vogue wrote:My FPS dropped majorly in this server and everything was skipping for me, I'd like to think I have a pretty good laptop, so it didn't make sense to me.
vogue has a new LAPTOP :P

You should set your graphic settings to "Nearest" and try it again. If i play with my Netbook, i use lowest grapic settings and well my fps is around 50 then.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

theroze wrote:Even i had no lag issues, my ping was around ~180 or less. Thats very good in my opinion, cause as you know, my Wlan is wooden.

Fps/Lag issues: 10/10
eh...idk about this

however, the server will be moved to a much better one so we'll see if the lag decreases
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Moderation Transparency Message: While I agree that LucK is not really the right person to mock others for spelling mistakes (glass house & stones), INW's response was entirely over the top inappropriate. He was warned, and the offending attack and responses to it were removed.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

theroze wrote:You should set your graphic settings to "Nearest" and try it again. If i play with my Netbook, i use lowest grapic settings and well my fps is around 50 then.
If you have any sort of graphics you should enable mipmaps (even though it's a 'higher' setting, it's generally cheaper). In that case mipmap bilinear is also basically free. Trilinear is a bit more costly again. Although, by today's standards Arma's graphics are really cheap. With trilinear + anisotropic + shaders + lots of textures in games these days you start to wonder if it really matters. Apparently it still does at the lower end.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

INW wrote:
vogue wrote:My FPS dropped majorly in this server and everything was skipping for me, I'd like to think I have a pretty good laptop, so it didn't make sense to me. Anyone else had that problem? Other than that it was neato fun!
Well you are euro vogue so that server is probably like Empha's team sumo bar for americans...you just arent used to the lag...come on...admin it... ^^ (:

Anyway, my opinion is that if it had "normal" scoring instead of scores multiplied by 1,000,000,000 then it would be better...seeing the scores in the thousands...i dont know how many kills i need to be on top...most people can add 60 and 90 and 20 and 15 points together and get a general idea of how many points for the win but when the points are by "odd" numbers in the triple digits....it makes me feel like im stupid. :/
Its not lag, but major skippage and my screen distorting. I actually found out later my virus scanner was doing something heavy in the background, so it wasnt the servers fault.

People with decent computers dont have your problems INW! :goatee:
INW

Post by INW »

vogue wrote:People with decent computers dont have your problems INW! :goatee:
Hehe. well lisa, when i am a billionaire and own a million computers and my own stuff....o, i will come for you (not literally) and i will ki-------core dump you! ^^

Yes, i do have a shitty computer.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

The server has been moved to (a better one in) Philadelphia, PA. Yes, I know the server name is all jacked up on crack, but it's 3:06am and I really don't feel like fixing it now.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

Hoax wrote: Trust Durka to make a server where you have to camp, how lame.
camp and get lucky...only things durka is good at, as previously discussed by flex, et al
The once and future "I told you so."
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

i really like this server :)
also, its not necessary to "camp to win". If one person travels across the map going in between other maintained zones, they will get more points then the camper. So rather than camping and "getting lucky", don't form a zone and have a constant free-form fight for the center(ew alliteration). I know i didn't really explain that well, so someone feel free to help me out in showing not camping > camping on this server. :P
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO