DunnoFlag

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

pie goes moo
Round Winner

DunnoFlag

Post by pie goes moo »

So...I made this up randomly...Supposed to be new game mode...
You start with 3 flags. Whenever someone kills you, you respawn without 1 flag. When all of your flags are gone, you don't come back to life, and the other team wins.
Last edited by pie goes moo on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
theroze
Match Winner

Re: The "Idunnowhattocallit"

Post by theroze »

Uhm, that reminds me a little bit at "Fortress Onslaught". Could be fun, do you think about hr settings or sumo settings? I mean cycle_delay, cycle_speed and so on. If you need a good map for it, just ask ;)
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

Kind of in the middle, you know, maybe 15 rubber, I think some accel would fit in nice.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

hehe, ctf settings? xD Sounds good, i will think about it in armabell :)

EDIT: What about this map? ;P

comp: as i said, like onslaught. If you die and respawn at onslaught a console_message comes: You have 2 lifes left. he can use that.
Last edited by theroze on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Just seeing you post this pie, really makes me wonder if you have ever actually put a server up, or at least researched what is possible with the sty patch, or sty+ct. You start with 3 flags? I am very curious as to how you propose to do that.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

yes both the sty and sty+ct branch no longer allow a player to have more than 1 flag for problems with the code to drop flags, it essentially looses one of the flags and results in crashing of the server.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

pie goes moo wrote:So...I made this up randomly...Supposed to be new game mode...
You start with 3 flags. Whenever someone kills you, you respawn without 1 flag. When all of your flags are gone, you don't come back to life, and the other team wins.
I thought pie meant 3 flags...not lives
theroze wrote: comp: as i said, like onslaught. If you die and respawn at onslaught a console_message comes: You have 2 lifes left. he can use that.
If you mean 3 lives, but 1 flag, that is workable. Please be aware that fortress onslaught uses a fairly complex php script to accomplish this. I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but to implement this, somebody will need to script it. Personally, I am just starting to learn PHP, and not up to the task. I am merely wondering if pie_goes_moo planned to do the work involved, or did he plan to find someone to do it? Apparently, from your posts, you do NOT mean 3 flags. Because as kyle pointed out, that is not possible.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

Theroze, I was thinking a map like this:Image
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

compguygene wrote:
pie goes moo wrote:So...I made this up randomly...Supposed to be new game mode...
I thought pie meant 3 flags...not lives
Yes yes, i know, but as you said, kyle already said that this is impossible.

Pie: I would say something like that then everyone would have the same chance.
|
v

pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

Yeah, that will work.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

I think he want's to use Flags as to show players the lives they each have left. I'm assuming this idea originated from Mario kart racing or diddy kong racing where battles each gave players 3 balloons to fight with each time they died they also lost a balloon.
pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

theroze wrote:Image
Can you link me to that map plz?
theroze
Match Winner

Re: DunnoFlag

Post by theroze »

pie goes moo wrote:
theroze wrote:Image
Can you link me to that map plz?
thats my map ;P
kyle wrote:I think he want's to use Flags as to show players the lives they each have left. I'm assuming this idea originated from Mario kart racing or diddy kong racing where battles each gave players 3 balloons to fight with each time they died they also lost a balloon.
lol, some friends from my school classe play that with me in some lessons ^^
pie goes moo
Round Winner

Post by pie goes moo »

kyle wrote:I'm assuming this idea originated from Mario kart racing or diddy kong racing where battles each gave players 3 balloons to fight with each time they died they also lost a balloon.
Yes, partially. But I remember in 5th grade we played flag football (DO NOT ask me why it's called flag football, knowing that there is no football) and you got 3 velcro flags and a velcro belt, and the other team has to take all of your flags. When all of your flags are gone, you're out. How about something like that...
EDIT: Theroze, could you link it to me anyway?
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

pie goes moo wrote:Yes, partially. But I remember in 5th grade we played flag football (DO NOT ask me why it's called flag football, knowing that there is no football) and you got 3 velcro flags and a velcro belt, and the other team has to take all of your flags. When all of your flags are gone, you're out. How about something like that...
So, If you lose and one of your teamates picks up your flag, it's returned and you dont lose a flag? If the enemy gets it, you lose a flag/life? Is that how this works? Please give us a definition of all rules.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.